by SimGuruNick

Original Post

[NEEDS SAVES] [ROM] Potions can't be drank from inventory

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.70.84.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All as of 1 Feb 2021
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? While playing have sim make a potion, collect all, and drink potion. Discard contents of Cauldron.
What happens when the bug occurs? After making a potion Sim collects all there is still potion in the cauldron, drink potion and select discard potion in cauldron. Potion in inventory can no longer be selected to be drank.
What do you expect to see? Potion in cauldron is still there and has to be discarded, also Potion in inventory can no longer be selected to be drank.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Added Paranormal Stuff Pack

After adding Paranormal Stuff Pack Potion in cauldron is still there and has to be discarded, also Potion in inventory can no longer be selected to be drank.

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title

Message 1 of 3 (1,516 Views)

Re: Potions can't be drank from inventory

★★★★ Apprentice

I did have this happen to me more than once... in one instance the potion stack split into two stacks (that together made up the total number of potions my sim should have) and only one stack could be interacted with.  In every instance (so far) the issue would resolve if I went into manage worlds and then back to the plued lot.

Message 2 of 3 (1,480 Views)

Re: [ROM] Potions can't be drank from inventory

Community Manager (retired)

Could anyone experiencing this issue possibly share a save file with me? You can DM me the link to your save, thanks so much for the help!

Instructions for sending me your save: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Tea...

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 3 of 3 (1,418 Views)