Highlighted
Accepted Solution

[ARCHIVED] [ROM] Played/Faved households becoming spellcasters on their own

[ Edited ]
Hero

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.55.108.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Play the game rotationally and make sure to visit the Real of Magic.
What happens when the bug occurs? Faved/Played Households become spellcasters without me wanting them to be.
What do you expect to see? Only unplayed households to become spellcasters.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Installing ROM

This isn't a bug if you have it for unplayed and non-Favorited Sims.

Please use this feedback thread if it's for non-played: https://answers.ea.com/t5/General-Discussion-and-Feedback/Townies-in-the-Magic-Realm/td-p/8190436

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 13 of 24 (3,160 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [OPEN] [ROM] Played/Faved households becoming spellcasters on their own

Hero
Going to archive this thread as I there was no input since January

If anyone still has issues with this, please create a new thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 24 of 24 (2,682 Views)

All Replies

Re: Townies in the Magic Realm

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Pro

Same for me, and it's even more disturbing when my favourited townies (I mean those I've added to "my households" in household manager but I haven't actually played with) become spellcasters. It's one thing when it's random townies that I haven't favourited, but those I've favourited may be in my playing-story (as partners to played sims etc) so it's odd and disturbing that they suddenly become spellcasters.

Message 1 of 24 (3,259 Views)

Townies randomly becoming Spellcasters

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

So I've noticed since installing Realm of Magic that a number of the premade households are appearing in the Magic Realm, at first I thought it was a temporary thing, like they're there as walk-bys (similar to how they walk through any of the neighbourhoods) to make the realm seem a bit more lively. It wasn't until I thought to check a few of the households that I noticed that many of them had randomly become Spellcasters without my input. I'm not sure about anyone else, but to me, I found this a little on the distracting side and very immersion breaking since I'd be seeing sims there who were supposed to be at work, then I saw one of my own sims there who I KNEW wasn't a Spellcaster there at magic HQ in a duel with another NPC. So I decided to check that household and BOOM, my other sim and her sister had become Spellcasters, without my sayso. 

I'm wondering if this is deliberate game design and oversight or a glitch/bug. Because with occults in the past [at least in ts4] we have never had the premades ever turned into Vampires or Mermaids without our direct go-ahead/consent. So I find it kind of odd.   

I'm putting this here in the general feedback, as I'm not overly sure if it's a bug or not, I'm hoping it is because if every sim and their dog becomes a spellcaster then it's going to annoy people very quickly and we'll have the return of The Invasion of the Occults like there was in TS3. 

Edit Just so it's made clear, I am not happy that the premades are being made into Spellcasters by the game without my say so just to fill the Magic Realm, normally I don't mind it when I see them popping up as vendors, bartenders, chefs waiters etc because that feels normal. All these premades suddenly becoming spellcasters is just plain annoying, immersion-breaking and very different from the trend of control that already exists with the occults in the game. 

Here's also a link to a bug report that was moved to feedback. https://answers.ea.com/t5/General-Discussion-and-Feedback/Townies-in-the-Magic-Realm/m-p/8190436#M15...

Message 2 of 24 (3,232 Views)

Re: Townies randomly becoming Spellcasters

Hero
@halloweenchild13 Do you have a significant relationship with that household or are they in My Household ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 3 of 24 (3,221 Views)

★★★★ Guide
@crinrict They were a rotational household I hadn't played for a while, but they were in the favourites section of the households.
Message 4 of 24 (3,219 Views)

Hero
@halloweenchild13 Those should def not become spellcasters, I'd say.

Please create a thread specific for played households in my household in the bug forum.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 5 of 24 (3,208 Views)

Random Households becoming Spellcaster

★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? Don't know
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Please stop randoming my own households to have the Spellcaster traits when I didn't choose it. I don't want all my sims to have it. Also, please fix the random tourist clothes & the occult eye colors.
What happens when the bug occurs? My human sims get dictated as a Spellcaster without my consent. Also my sims randomly wear the crazy tourist clothes instead of their own clothes. And with my own selected new occults eye colors are just regular eyes.
What do you expect to see? I expect my sims to wear only the clothes I gave them. I expect my sims to be the sims I made. I expect to be able to select the occult eye colors for my selected occult sims.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Don't know how. 

Message 6 of 24 (3,197 Views)

Re: Random Households becoming Spellcaster

Hero
@SEREFRAS Did you have a significant relationship to the Sims before they became spellcasters ?

Have any played Sims/Sims in my household been made a spellcaster ?

- For the eyes, please use this thread: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-ROM-Spellcaster-eyes-not-working-properly/td-p/818...

For the situational outfits, there's several threads. Please post in the one that seems most appropriate for you:

- https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-Sims-don-t-change-out-of-situational-outfit/m-p/80...
- https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/TO-TEST-Random-hats-on-situational-outfits-on-NPCs/td-p/690458...
- https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-ROM-Situational-outfits-from-other-events-retained... (if you're talking about Sims in the magic realm)

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 24 (3,184 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

I'm surprised it took this long for someone to mention this issue, since it was a Day One thing. X-D

@crinrict : Is it By Design for unplayed households to be turned into Spellcasters in the Magic Realm or not?

Message 8 of 24 (3,125 Views)

★★★★ Pro

There’s a thread about this already. Even though the thread starts about townies, some people (including me) have written about that played  and favourites sims becoming spellcasters too.

https://answers.ea.com/t5/General-Discussion-and-Feedback/Townies-in-the-Magic-Realm/td-p/8190436

Message 9 of 24 (3,231 Views)