Original Post

Accepted Solution

[NEEDS SAVES] [ROM] Necrocall and Dedeathify not working properly

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.55.105.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Use Dedeathify spell.
What happens when the bug occurs? It removes the access to the sim that is resurrected. Can't find in households and can't contact.
What do you expect to see? I expect to see the Sim back to its household if not, to a new other household.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

So one of my Sims died and I happen to have a Rank 6 Spellcaster. At first, I tried to use Necrocall to call the spirit but it won't work. I let the urn there for few days and used again Necrocall. The spirit is now available and I used Dedeathify Spell. What happened is, the sim indeed came back to life (the Sim's urn is still there) but I can't control it. I can do basic functions to that Sim with the use of other Sim but the resurrected one, I can't. I can't even find him in households.

Is Dedeathify temporary?

Message 1 of 65 (22,174 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [OPEN] [ROM] Necrocall and Dedeathify not working properly

[ Edited ]
Community Manager (retired)

Marked as Solution for Visibility Purposes Only

Could anyone experiencing this issue possibly share a save file? It'd be extremely helpful. You can DM the link to me. Thanks so much!

http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Tea...

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

View in thread

Message 48 of 65 (17,783 Views)

All Replies

Re: Dedeathify Spell Bug?

Hero
@seantroid OK. Tested this. My Sim wasn't in the household but I was easily able to move her back in.

Do you not find the Sim in the household manager ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 65 (22,097 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Sadly, I can't. But I can still see him in his family tree still active. I just can't find him anywhere.

Message 3 of 65 (22,090 Views)

Hero
@seantroid As you say the urn is still there, it sounds like it wasn't finished completely.

Did you get any LastExceptions during the process ? Did you save your game or do you have a backup you could try on again ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 65 (22,076 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Yup there's still the urn but when I clicked on it, the only options that I saw is Put in Invent, Engrave, Then Magic Inferio. Also, I saw him being resurrected but after that he's gone.

I didn't saved so I hope I can still revert it. I'll try it again and let you know what happened.

Thank you @crinrict for the replies. 😊

Message 5 of 65 (22,067 Views)

Hero
@seantroid Did you have more luck on the second try ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 65 (21,937 Views)

Dedeathify spell and Necrocall don't work

★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.55.108.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All expansions Dine out, Vampires, Parenthood, Jungle Adventure, Strangerville, Realm of Magic. Perfect Patio, Laundry day stuff, Moschino Stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? When you cast the 'Necrocall' spell on a tombstone or urn or when you cast the 'dedeathify' spell on a ghost.
What happens when the bug occurs? The sims does the casting animation, but then nothing happens. When I use necrocall there doesn't come a ghost and when I use the dedeathify spell on a ghost, they just stay a ghost.
What do you expect to see? Necrocall: a ghost appaering. Dedeathify: That my ghost turns into a normal sim.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

So ever since the patch update when I try the spell necrocall on an urn or tombstone, the ghost of that urn doesn't come. My sim just does the casting animation and starts cheering because the spell worked successfully, but nothing happens. Same issue when I try the dedeathify spell. They do the casting animation and they act like it worked successfully, but the ghost just stays a ghost. I have no clue what the problem could be. 

Message 7 of 65 (21,779 Views)

Re: Dedeathify spell and Necrocall don't work

Hero
@o0Zozi0o Merged your post with another thread on the issue.

I had tested this and had no issues.

Could you test on another Sim to see if you have the same issue or if it's related to the Sim ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 65 (21,763 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@crinrict yeah, I've tried doing it with another sim and had the same problem, so it's not sim specific.
Message 9 of 65 (21,744 Views)

Hero

Would you be willing to share your save with me ?

If so, please zip your saves folder and upload it somewhere like dropbox,, googledrive or OneDrive and PM me the link.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 65 (21,714 Views)