[NEEDS SAVES] [ROM] Necrocall and Dedeathify not working properly

by seantroid

Original Post

Re: ROA dedeathify and hidden households

Hero
@Exponentwings57 I merged your post with the bug report.

If you are on PS4 and not XB1, please share your save with QA as asked above by Nick.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 51 of 65 (1,242 Views)

Re: ROA dedeathify and hidden households

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Pro

@Exponentwings57

A couple things you could try.

1. Use a birthday cake to age-up the Teen to a Young Adult, then ask her to move in.

2. Restore an earlier save if you can do that on console. You do that by going to the Main Menu and Load Game. Choose the game, then click the Recover Save button at the bottom right of the Load Game panel. That should have your last five saves for the game, which probably includes at least one save from before the problem. (This is how it's done on PC. I've never played TS4 on console so I don't know if it's the same.)

Message 52 of 65 (1,203 Views)

Re: [NEEDS SAVES] [ROM] Necrocall and Dedeathify not working properly

★★★★ Novice

I am seeing also that the necrocall no longer seems to work. I have all available sims content installed (every stuff, game and expansion). I have seen it work in the past though. Since I was going around picking up tombstones from the neighborhood most recently though in attempting the spells again, I wonder if it is because the sims died too long ago and they are no longer available to resurrect (like how you get the notice their "spirit is fading away"?) If anyone knows if the tombstone needs to be fairly recent (and how recent or how to tell) that would be helpful.

Message 53 of 65 (1,131 Views)

Re: [NEEDS SAVES] [ROM] Necrocall and Dedeathify not working properly

Hero
@Beewylde Did you send your save to QA yet ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 54 of 65 (1,106 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [ROM] Necrocall and Dedeathify not working properly

★★★ Newbie
@Kittybass what cheats did you use im having the exact same issue?
Message 55 of 65 (1,053 Views)

★★ Guide

@brj0921I ended up using the wishing well to bring the overheated sims back to life. Ambrosia didn't work either.

Message 56 of 65 (1,032 Views)

★★★ Newbie
where’s that located?
Message 57 of 65 (1,014 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [ROM] Necrocall and Dedeathify not working properly

★ Guide

I don't even get an option for magic on tombstones (both new and old) let alone being able to use necrocall Thinking I do have spellbook injector installed, wonder if that is causing any interference, will have to try without it being in the game mods.

Message 58 of 65 (966 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [ROM] Necrocall and Dedeathify not working properly

★★★★★ Novice

I've also been having this problem as well. So, basically what happened was I was in the magic realm when this was happening. I have a Virtuoso Spellcaster (lvl 6), and I was practicing magic to earn more experience. I stopped when I saw that one of the Elders in the area was Dying by Old Age. So, I went over and waited until the Grim Reaper reaped them, but I wanted to see if pleading would work (and it didn't).

After I failed pleading for the Sim's life, their soul was reaped, and everyone left the area to go do their own thing. Since I thought that I was able to bring the Sim back to life, since my Sim is a Virtuoso Spellcaster, I clicked on the urn, selected 'Spells...', and selected Necrocall on the urn. My Sim did the incantation and everything, and I waited until the spell was finished and out of my Sim's queue, but the ghost did not appear out of the urn. I tried the spell a few more times just to see if it was a small glitch. Everything happened as the same. My Sim did the incantation and the animations again, but the ghost still did not appear. So I then cheated a little and added the ghost to my household, which made the ghost successfully appear. I then tested Dedeathify on the ghost, and that made the ghost reappear back to life.

I then killed another Sim with cheats in another area, and then tested Necrocall again. The same thing happened, so I knew it wasn't just a one--Sim ordeal.

The Mods that I have installed are the MC Command Center, and the All Cheats Mod. The packs that I have installed are Realm of Magic, Vampires, Get to Work, Cats & Dogs, Seasons, and Get Famous. However, I do not play on a PC. I play on a 2019 MacBook Air. I'll provide some information about my Mac below so people know.

F4C32851-DDA0-4695-8375-CE80F493841F_4_5005_c.jpeg

Message 59 of 65 (897 Views)

Necrocall doesn't work

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? newest
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? pets, realm of magic, go to work
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? perform necro call on grave
What happens when the bug occurs? sims perform the spell on a grave and celebrate but nothing happens
What do you expect to see? Ghost should arrive
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Heya every time I go to do necrocall the sims perform the spell and celebrate, it happens with all 3 of my sims 2 which are at the highest spellcaster level multiple times and at all hours and nothing seems to work 

Message 60 of 65 (653 Views)