Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [ROM] Necrocall and Dedeathify not working properly

by Kittybass

Original Post

Re: Dedeathify Spell Bug?

★★★★★ Apprentice

@crinrict wrote:
@seantroidAs you say the urn is still there, it sounds like it wasn't finished completely.

Did you get any LastExceptions during the process ? Did you save your game or do you have a backup you could try on again ?

Wait. The tomb is supposed to go away? I've only used these spells once, on an npc who died at my sims' wedding because he was a vampire and got bugged out when it was time to leave, so he just stood there until he burned to death. I figured it worked, and never tried to contact him again. The tomb did stay behind, though. I assumed that was intended.

Message 11 of 65 (7,628 Views)

Hero
@Yndesent I'm not sure. I didn't pay too much attention to the tomb when I tested.

Does it stay behind when you use ambrosia ? Don't think I ever used Ambrosia in my game.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 12 of 65 (7,618 Views)

★★★★ Pro

@crinrict  I've used ambrosia on a sim and the tombstone did stay behind even after the sim came back to life.  I also noticed when I used the dedeathify spell that the urn stayed behind (the death was also a vampire who randomly caught fire from being outside and died so I decided to try the spell on the urn to call the ghost and then bring it back to life).  The sim hadn't been a part of my household and actually wouldn't leave after I brought them back to life.  I believe I had to travel to get them to leave (there was no option to ask them to leave). (no mods/cc, version PC1.55.108.1020 and I have all the packs)

Best regards,
Jennifer

Message 13 of 65 (7,578 Views)

Hero
@MapleSimmer But you had no issues resurrecting the Sim with the spell ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 14 of 65 (7,569 Views)

★★★★ Pro

@crinrict I wasn’t paying that close attention but I do recall that the sim had to do at least one of the two spells twice, ie it didn’t seem to take the first time. I unfortunately don’t remember which one, if it was only one, had the issue since when it worked the second time I didn’t think that much of it & I was just happy that it worked in the end. 🙂 

Best regards,

Jennifer

Message 15 of 65 (7,560 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I had the same issue and found some "fixes" or rather...Workarounds.

One of my Sims froze to death by accident (due to me locking the door and forgetting he had no access yet, because neighbours keep running inside my Sims' home, but that's a different issue all together), so I had my Spellcaster train to learn Necrocall and Dedeathify. When I tried to summon the ghost, the spell seeemed to work, but he was nowhere to be found. What DID work was clicking on a gaming console and having my spellcaster play a game together with the ghost, that DID make him show up.
Then I ran into the next problem: despite the first Dedeathify spell failing (which temporarily turned my spellcaster into a ghost for six hours), the second one (he hast AS a ghost) did work, but...The formerly-dead Sim was gone from the households :/ My solution for this was using testingcheats to add him to the family and then creating a separate new household for him, that way he showed up again. His relationships were all still there, however all his skills and jobs had been reset through the death, which wasn't fun :/

But ah well, at least he was back, I thought. Then, as I wanted him to move back into his old house, I ran into the NEXT issue. He couldn't move to the lot he formerly owned, I could only chose to bulldoze the lot or move in unfurnished, furnished wasn't availale. Only after I saved the lot to the gallery, buldozed it and replaced it with the saved lot, he could FINALLY move back in. Now he has to re-learn all his skills but well...He's alive, at least.
I know this answer probably doesn't solve the issue, but maybe my experience with this helps some who had the same problem.

Message 16 of 65 (7,442 Views)

Hero

I've had similar issues with necrocall.  Whether the sim shows up immediately or not depends on what world you're in and where the spawn points are.  For some reason, my necrocalled sims always seems to show up at a spawn point, not where the spellcaster is or at least in front of the lot which is what I think most of us expect, and in some worlds that can be quite a ways away.  If you the wait a few minutes, the ghost will eventually show up most of the time.  You can speed it up by trying to do an activity involving the ghost like playing a video game or chess since the ghost does show up in the play with list.  I've also found that it seems to work better if you ask the ghost to join the household before casting dedeathify.  Otherwise you'll have to do it afterwards before the sim leaves.  You can invite them back and ask them to join the household later.  I've done both successfully.  

Now though, after installing DU, I've run into a related problem I think.  I've dedeathified 3 ghosts (a spellcaster in one household and 2 human sims in another) and didn't destroy the urns since they still had the leave the sugar skull offering option and I wanted to get the skulls.  In one case I did, and went on to play other households without completing the collection in the other household where I had 2 resurrected sims.  After installing DU, I had a sim die by electrocution at the robot station.  Grim showed up, did his tablet thing, his scythe reappeared in the carry position and then did nothing but stand there.  I tried to use a death flower and he took it but Grim never swung his scythe and the dead sim didn't disappear and no urn appeared.  I threw the game on hi speed and let it run for about 12 game hours and at that point I decided the game was hung and I quit to the main menu.  Since then though, I've had 6 sims die in various ways and all but twice, the game did the same thing.  I tried both pleading and death flower with the same result.  The exceptions were both drowning deaths which generates a different urn.

I thought it might be related to the harvestables issue but now am pretty sure it isn't since that appears to be fixed now with the 12/12/19 patch.  So after trying to kill a sim tonight through multiple ways including using the kill sim option on two different mods in addition to the ingame ways, the only sim that died and gave me an urn was the drowning victim.  I figured out that it is not mod related by creating a new Sims 4 folder and installing my mods in a new game.  Death worked just like it ought to so it had to be something in my current save.  I decided to check all my urns and guess what.  The urns of the 3 resurrected sims (1 spellcaster urn, 2 regular urns) cannot be destroyed or deleted either in live or build mode.  They do not have the destroy option at all.   All my other urns, including 2 with the ghosts still attached still show the destroy option and call be deleted in build mode.  I saw an earlier post in this thread also mention the missing destroy option so decided to post what I've been trying.  Anyway, I've reached the conclusion that it's something to do with the dedeathify spell and somehow the urn is still tied to the resurrected sim so the game won't let it be destroyed and won't let new urns be created by the usual grimm animations.  It's a guess but I haven't seen any other posts concerning this.

Message 17 of 65 (7,293 Views)

★ Guide

I just recently tried to use Necrocall and Dedeathify to bring 3 sims back and the spells worked fine and the ghosts were there, but once they were all resurrected - the gravestones were still there and could not be destroyed and I could not find the resurrected sims anywhere once they left the lot  -  they did not return to their homes and I searched all the households in the household management - they disappeared.

Message 18 of 65 (7,162 Views)

★★ Guide

I recently had a sim die from overheating. Necrocall worked fine but nothing happened when when my spellcaster casted Dedeathify. She did it 3 times and the animation showed she successfully casted it but the sim did not revive. I ended up using cheats to bring him back to life.

Message 19 of 65 (7,145 Views)

Hero

@GypsyRozLyn  They are still in the game as NPCs and I'm pretty sure they are placed in a hidden household since I've never been able to find any of mine in manage households.  Try using the phone and invite them over.  They will show up but it might take a while.  When they do show up, ask them to join your household and move them in. Then you can play them again if you want.  I have found that if you ask them to join your household before you cast the dedeathify spell, it seems to work a little better.  

If you don't mind though, I'd like to ask you to post here again after you've had another death somewhere in your game to let me know if you experience any problems with other sims dying and the normal death cycle stopping and not creating new urns.   After I dedeathifed 3 sims (1 was a spellcaster which gives a different urn and the 2 were regular sims) the normal death animation has stopped working for me at the point where the urn is supposed to generate and no new urns are getting creating.  Every time it's happened, I have to exit the lot without saving because of it and no sims can die now in my save.  The only way that sims will die in my save is by drowning at one of the swimming holes in Sulani or Brichester.   That type of death has a different animation and the urns do show up.  After a lot to testing, etc., I think it's the dedeathify spell causing it because those urns cannot be deleted in live mode via the destroy option (there is none) or in build mode.  Every other urn or tombstone in my save still has the destroy option on it and can be deleted in build mode.  I think they're still connected to the dedeathified sims somehow and that is why they can't be deleted.  I've tried everything I know to do except the nuclear option of move the household out and bulldoze the lots to break the connection between the urn and the dedeathifed sims.  I'm hoping that will break the connection I believe is there.  Once I've finished collecting the Sugar Skulls in one of the households where the odd urns are located, I'm going to try that in a copy of my save to see if I works or not but I really don't want to because of what might happen to the sims when I do.  So any info you can provide would be very helpful to me.  Thanks!

Message 20 of 65 (7,139 Views)