Re: [NEEDS SAVES] [ROM] Cauldron creating wrong item

by ArcherAngelo

Original Post

Potions turned into food

★★★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.68.154.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? make potion in a caldron and choose "Bottle All Up"
What happens when the bug occurs? Turns potions into food instead of the potions in your inventory.
What do you expect to see? Potions instead of food.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

When my Sorcerer Sim makes a potion in her cauldron, everything is great unless she chooses "Bottle All Up". Then, it turns into food in her inventory instead of the potion batch I made. So instead of 4 Potions of Needful Things, I have 4 Chilis or 4 Mac and Cheeses. Also, the food says "spoiled" but isn't (I ate one to see if it gave me the potion effects. It did not. Only fed my Sim.). If you choose to bottle ONE potion out of your cauldron, it works and you get one potion. Then, you choose "Bottle All Up" and you get potions but ONLY if you bottle ONE up first. 

Message 11 of 35 (1,803 Views)

Re: Potions turned into food

★★★★ Expert

Yeah, this has happened to me, too.  I agree that it's if you cancel an interaction. 

I don't want my Sims to cook in the cauldron, but they're OBSESSED.  They don't want to cook in anything else.  Stoves are passe!  Grills are mildly acceptable.  But the cauldron! that's the good stuff!

NO SIR OR MA'AM YOU MAY NOT.

So I always cancel the interaction and have them discard the contents before going and getting some of the copious leftovers they have in the fridge, and the next thing they cook in the cauldron is... whatever I canceled.  This wastes the ingredients they used. I've gotten into the habit of having them brew a Potion of Plentiful Needs before they brew anything else, in case their expensive ingredients turn into chili or cioppino or whatever other garbage they decided to muck up their magical tool with.

In one household I put the cauldron outside in a fenced area and only unlock the gate to allow a caster to brew a potion, then relock it when they're finished.  

Message 12 of 35 (1,763 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [ROM] Cauldron creating wrong item

Community Manager (retired)

Could anyone experiencing this issue possibly share a save file with me where it's occurred? You can DM me the link to your save, thanks so much for the help!

Instructions for sending me your save: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Tea...

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 13 of 35 (1,725 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [ROM] Cauldron creating wrong item

★★★ Guide

Think the cauldron's just bugged to hell in general.

My spellcaster sims with no bloodline traits get nothing out of experimenting on the cauldron, ever (even with all caster abilities unlocked). Had to nag the masters for recipes to learn all the potions.

But my sims love to make mac & cheese in the cauldron, except when they grab a bowl it's always chili. I've never seen them actually attempt to make chili in it.

Message 14 of 35 (1,714 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I have the same issue. Once I have created nimble mind potion or good fortune potion, the option to bottle all up and bottle up both go on to serve up mac and cheese. I'm not able to create potions.

Message 15 of 35 (1,642 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Same here, the animation for “bottle up” is not working correctly, and my sim won’t “drink from” the cauldron.

The cauldron itself is blue as it should be, however the game thinks it’s mac and cheese, when I select “bottle up” my sim is filling a plate of mac and cheese instead of a potion. Then the mac and cheese goes into my sims inventory

Message 16 of 35 (1,614 Views)

★ Guide

I'm having the exact same problem, except my spellcaster keeps making 4 servings of Mac and Cheese. :/ What's really weird is when I hover over the cauldron, it doesn't even say she made it. It says it was made by some random townie.

Message 17 of 35 (1,555 Views)

★★★ Guide

I am having this issue sometimes as well. I notice it is a problem if a potion gets interrupted. Sometimes the next potion made will actually be the one that was discarded. I had a non-magic sim make mac and cheese, but instead of food it was creating servings of the perk purging potion. Then the next potion made mac and cheese. After that it seemed to reset itself.

Message 18 of 35 (1,497 Views)

★ Guide

Also having this problem.  No matter what I try to brew in her cauldron, it becomes Potions of Plentiful Needs.  That was the first thing she'd ever made in her cauldron, but I had bottled all of those up already.  No matter what potions I tell her to make, it is ALWAYS a potion of plentiful needs.  

I do not have any mods.  I have all packs except Eco, Sulani, and Star Wars. 

Buying a new cauldron fixed the problem, at least with the new cauldron.  The first cauldron seems to consistently create only the one kind of potion.  I've tried resetting the cauldron, but that didn't help.  So the problem seems somewhat random, which is probably why the devs can't duplicate or fix it.

Message 19 of 35 (1,364 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Same every time i make a potion it turns into spoiled food and at food at random and can't delete or trash the food either.

Message 20 of 35 (1,305 Views)