Re: Public Enemy Aspiration doesn't register level 4 of career, if past it on st

by Trothgard

Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] Public Enemy Aspiration no registering level 4 of career

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.50.67.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All *BUT* Vampires Game Pack, Bowling Pack Stuff, Cool Kitchen Stuff, Movie Hangout Stuff, My First Pet Stuff, Spooky Stuff and Toddler Stuff (if you are trying to replicate the experience: -disablepacks:GP04,SP03,SP04,SP05,SP10,SP12,SP14 )
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Create a sim, (to save time you can select the deviance aspiration of Public Enemy) enable the following cheats in this order: testingcheats on careers.add_career Criminal careers.promote Criminal x4 (just to get beyond level 4 of the career, where you make a choice, choice doesn't matter) Select the deviance aspiration of Public Enemy, if not created with sim already Aspirations.complete_current_milestone x2 to get to the third milestone
What happens when the bug occurs? The "Reach Level 4 of the Criminal Career" milestone does not trigger as complete.
What do you expect to see? The "Reach Level 4 of the Criminal Career" milestone does trigger as complete having reached beyond the level 4 point of the career, while still in it.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

Edit By Crinrict: Adjusted Tag 

Message 1 of 22 (7,179 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [NEEDS SAVES] Public Enemy Aspiration no registering level 4 of career

Hero

Sims in deviant paths now can properly reach the Level 4 of the Criminal Career.

Fixed in Patch 1.77.131/1.44

If you're still experiencing this issue, please create a new thread.

(the patch notes are a bit odd though)

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 22 of 22 (2,862 Views)

All Replies

Re: Public Enemy Aspiration doesn't register level 4 of career, if past it on st

Hero

Hi @Trothgard 

did you only try this with cheats ? Does it work if you don't use cheats ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 22 (7,096 Views)

★★★ Newbie

The initial problem came about without cheats enabled, I was already level 8 in the criminal career and got two promotions waiting for it to move the needle forward (so to the top of criminal career, Anonymous Ghost => Net Demon => The Oracle, I thought maybe it needed me to get it to re-evaluate the criminal career level number) It took me a while to get to a place I could start interacting with NPCs due to the crazy hours the criminal career had and to offset some of my needs and how I was playing my character.. I finally caved after reaching the top to move it forward because, I was looking to move on from being a criminal and the infamous Sim fame-wise.

I just figured it was an easy way to test and replicate with the testingcheats in an easy-to-follow, step-by-step format to your heart's' content... Took me about five minutes to go from CAS to replicating and testing, with and without custom content, repatching, etc.... just to make sure it wasn't original game.

I wanted to save you some organic growth, as I also thought the same thing that maybe the cheating was tainting my results (even though it hadn't originally) and I'm still working though it (seems almost robotic and have only gotten a few minutes into it just because I had spent so much time replicating in cheats *MANY* different ways and configurations). Organically rising through the milestones (after cheating the career up) also triggers the issue of not counting and takes about 30 or so minutes to do at a place like the gym (the constant stream of people makes it easy), in a new save.

Like I said, trying to save you some time in an easy to replicate format, as playing the game to get to that point can probably be tedium.

Message 3 of 22 (7,084 Views)

Hero (Retired)

I had a similar issue, but it resolved pretty quickly. My sim with the Public Enemy aspiration started the criminal career at level 4 (he had the Connections trait). The aspiration task didn't clear until he got promoted to level 5. (This is vanilla base game with RG & freebies, no cc or mods ever used). I've not tried with one that's already chosen a branch of the criminal career. Sounds like the game doesn't recognize the higher levels as having past level 4. 

Message 4 of 22 (7,080 Views)

Hero
That was always the case, good point. With the trait you have to advance to the next level for it to register.

@Trothgard Did you try advancing to the next level after switching to the aspiration to see if it registers then ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 5 of 22 (7,079 Views)

★★★ Newbie

As I explained in my first paragraph, I had raised two levels from Anonymous Ghost to Net Demon to The Oracle while I knew I was stuck trying to get the milestone to register, because I figured perhaps a promotion would cause the game to retrigger the count on the criminal level check for the milestone. I thought because I went to the Anonymous Ghost to Net Demon promotion uncomfortably that maybe something didn't take.

I had been switching aspirations and often going back and forth (as I had been working on my fitness and programming to get the Bodybuilder and Computer Whiz aspiration traits as well and completing other milestone steps). So, I had been moving between aspirations often, and I had the aspiration active for the last promotion, and I am 90% positive I had it active for the previous promotion. I went to the last promotion with a positive moodlet, (focused and playful, and possibly confident) and it still no matter having switched off and back on the aspiration, even after another day at work at the highest level in the career.

At that point, I did the milestone complete cheat to progress the character/aspiration. I saw this was an older issue after a search on these forums but a patch is said to have fixed most of them... Also apologies for necroing a thread earlier yesterday... it was before caffeine and I thought it said March 2019.

Hope this helps

Message 6 of 22 (7,067 Views)

Hero
Thanks for all the info

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 22 (7,058 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Public Enemy Aspiration no registering level 4 of career

Hero
Added

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 22 (7,041 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Public Enemy Aspiration no registering level 4 of career

Community Manager (retired)

We've had trouble reproducing this issue, can anyone possibly share a save file? Thanks!

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 9 of 22 (6,982 Views)

Re: [NEEDS SAVES] Public Enemy Aspiration no registering level 4 of career

★ Guide
@Trothgard I also experienced this glitch on PS4 after switching to the Public Enemy aspiration for my criminal sim while he was well into the career. The only thing that fixed it was that he was due for 1 or 2 more promotions before reaching max level in his branch, which would trigger the aspiration requirement after the fact. It’s likely that if that weren’t the case, though, I’dve never been able to complete the aspiration.
Message 10 of 22 (5,983 Views)