Re: [OPEN] Player Trait Broken

by Ulfric_Grimbrand

Original Post

[OPEN] Player Trait Broken (after Patch 1.56.52)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.56.52.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? all expansions, all game packs (except dine out), only stuff pack i have is laundry day, and both free packs.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? player trait is broken. seems its mostly for sims of same household but a different household sim will cause issues. its in 4th scenario below. I have list of scenarios in compose section below.
What happens when the bug occurs? getting bad friendship and ruin relationships, destroying families Wink, by bugged jealousy hits when have player trait.
What do you expect to see? happy and loving sims not being broken by bugged jealousy for player trait.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Here is all my testing put into a nice and tight explanation.

all testing performed on 2 different computers and old households, and redone with new households and sims. all same results.

Jealousy hits happening for kiss, passionate kiss, woohoo try for baby, woohoo, and first kiss

All other romantic actions are being ignored

1. size of household doesn't matter
2. it does matter if the sims lives in same household or different household.

Scenario 1:
perquisites:
3 sims living in same household with all with player trait
1st sim romantic with 2nd sim.

1. 1st sim romantic with 3rd sim causes jealousy hits when using any of the kiss, passionate kiss, woohoo try for baby, woohoo, and first kiss romantic actions.
can try with any sim and all have same results. broken

Scenario 2:
perquisites:
added a 4th sim (no player trait) to the 1st scenario.

1. jealousy hits when 4th sim (no player trait) preforms any of kiss, passionate kiss, woohoo try for baby, woohoo, and first kiss on just 1 of the 1st scenario sims. I think this is broken since 1st romance. but maybe working correctly since the 1st scenario sims are all romantically involved with each other but all 1st scenario sims have player trait.
2. jealousy hits when 4th sim (no player trait) try to preform any romantic action on a 2nd player trait sim. even flirt. this is what i would think as correct behavior.
3. any of the 3 player trait sim perform romantic actions on 4th sim (no player trait) only those 5 romantic actions listed before triggered jealousy hits. broken behavior same as what i been seeing with all player trait sims interacting with each other.

Scenario 3:
prequisites:
3 sims, only 2 with player trait.
1st sim player trait, 2nd sim player trait as girlfriend.

1. 1st sim gets jealousy hits when using same 5 romantic actions on 3rd sim (game lists as sweetheart) with no player trait. 2nd sim (girlfriend) is now very angry with 1st player trait sim. broken
2. 1st sim gets the false jealousy hits when using same 5 romantic actions with 3rd sim (sweetheart) when performing those 5 romantic actions on 2nd sim (listed as girlfriend). broken should not get false jealousy notification bubbles and no jealousy should happen.

Scenario 4:
prequisites:
3 sims
2 live together active household
1st sim with player trait
2nd sim as girlfriend
3rd sim in a different household (player made or a default sim behaves the same) all 3 sims in same room.

1. 1st sim (player trait) and 3rd sim (different house hold). only same 5 romantic actions cause 2nd sim girlfriend jealousy hits. broken
2. 1st sim (player trait) and 2nd sim girlfriend, 3rd sim no reaction used all romantic actions. this is working correctly. it seems sims not apart of active household work proper.
3. made 3rd sim a girlfriend and test results are the same. girlfriend status does not change results as 2. working

Edit By Crinrict: Adjusted Tag

Message 1 of 37 (5,603 Views)

Hero
@rhah01 Well, this was just fixed in the latest patch so if you say it's broken, does that mean it was never fixed for you in the first place ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 37 (5,535 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

I am not sure. I just started playing again for a short time less than 1 week. the broken multiple qued actions have kept me from playing for some time.

Also giving flowers as gift from a stack of flowers still messes up the stack where can not be sold and if you drop all flowers the same number of flowers given as gifts will not be able to select move drop or sell or anything basically sims inventory is now corrupted. I submitted this bug back with the multiple actions mess up.

this was unfair of me sorry.

seems nothing has been fixed and only more bugs have been introduced, kind disheartening.

I do know for a fact that the serial romantic is a problem on yalls end not mine. I reinstalled on both my systems and tested on new clean games. jealously hits happen everytime.

Message 3 of 37 (5,532 Views)

Hero

Tagging @Ulfric_Grimbrand  again for more testing then.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 37 (5,519 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

thank you, hopefully we can get it fixed

Message 5 of 37 (5,514 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Guide

@crinrictMore testing it is.  I have had to remove and re-add the player trait sometimes 3 or 4 times before it starts functioning correctly.  I have also taken HUGE reputation hits when I'm accused of "cheating on my partner", even when I don't have a spouse or girlfriend on the character.   It's not really fixed.  It's still very glitchy.  I'd also say leave the rep issue here, since it's also related to the issue.

Message 6 of 37 (5,648 Views)

Hero
@Ulfric_Grimbrand I'd still like a separate thread for the rep thing. They are different things that need different fixes.

@rhah01 Did you try removing and re-adding the trait ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 37 (5,639 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

sorry for the delay. I had to learn how to add and remove traits. Only cheat I had used previously was resetsim.

I verified that the player trait was removed, before re-equipping.

My results have been very consistent.

I tried remove and equip player trait 5 times just to be sure.
I tried many actions after each removal and re-equip.

this is where its a bit odd, but very consistent.

I restarted the test once I noticed that only 5 romantic chat options caused the jealousy hit. Also jealousy hit is taken even when the sim is sleeping.

I tried full test for my over 1 year old save household and the household with 3 vampires.

Also seems the jealousy hit is only affecting the friendship bar (green bar), the love bar (pink bar) doesn't move, stays full. Original jealousy hits are a little vague to me, but I really thought affected pink bar too.

Only actions that take a jealousy hit are:
first kiss, kiss, passionate kiss, woohoo, woohoo try for baby.

Seems all other romantic chat options do not take a jealousy hit.

I tried many of the commands from the romance category of speech and not one took a jealousy hit.

I tried many commands, but after restarting test i made specific note of the below commands not giving jealousy hit.

kiss hands, kiss cheek, caress cheek, sweet talk, whisper seductively, give and receive massage, blow kiss, flirtatious joke, embrace, profess undying love, recite love poetry, and ask to be girlfriend.

makeout (does not take a jealousy hit) was the most odd, as makeout can be used in dates to satisfy the kiss objective in a date.

I also did a 3rd test by removing the 3rd vampire and added a new vampire member. then completed the player aspiration with aspirations.complete_current_milestone for each stage. performed test case again with same results.

Operating System: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit (10.0, Build 18362) (18362.19h1_release.190318-1202)
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4820K CPU @ 3.70GHz (8 CPUs), ~3.7GHz
Memory: 16384MB RAM
Available OS Memory: 16302MB RAM
Page File: 4146MB used, 14587MB available
DirectX Version: DirectX 12
System DPI Setting: 144 DPI (150 percent)

Card name: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760 Ti OEM
Manufacturer: NVIDIA

Display Memory: 10158 MB
Dedicated Memory: 2007 MB
Shared Memory: 8151 MB
Monitor Model: U28E590

Native Mode: 3840 x 2160(p) (59.997Hz)

my system is very clean, i worked professionally (PC and UNIX), IT, QA engineer, build engineer, configuration management, and a software developer.

I edited to clean up last section of text and to add my system specs.

Message 8 of 37 (5,618 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

@crinrictSince I posted, I've been testing a new game.  No Mods, Brand New Sim, cheated up his rep, celebrity level, some skills, and of course the player trait.  Haven't seen any hits on Rep or Relationships taking place (except those that were cheating with him).  I'm going to dig around some more with some testing.  The original Ulfric was a Vampire, so @rhah01 may be onto something with Vampire issues.

Edit:  Not only did I not take a rep hit when romancing Moira, Dominic called me to congratulate on starting to date Moira.

Message 9 of 37 (5,609 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

the vampire household is very new.

but my very old household before seasons was even released, i think I had get together and the get to work expansions only they were the only ones released at the time.

this household had no special sims (no vampire or anything like that). I spent over 6 months getting most of the aspirations and such that were available back then.

both households are taking jealousy hits.

edit:

creating a new household just normal sims to test again.

Message 10 of 37 (5,604 Views)