by SorrahV

Original Post

[NEEDS SAVES] Platforms/Floors Disappear

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.68.154.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Everything excluding snowy escape, nifty knitting, fitness, luxury party, my first pet, spooky stuff, and romantic garden..
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Two adjoining platforms one level apart, but in different rooms can cause the floor to become transparent. There is a hacienda uploaded in my library that experiences the bug.
What happens when the bug occurs? The floors become transparent, and when the mouse moves over each section of platform the other sections will become visible again, but the selected one stays transparent. It depends on the angle/distance of the camera in game as well.
What do you expect to see? I'm in the middle of decorating a room already platformed in build mode, then the floor starts flickering and becoming transparent based off of where the camera is and where my cursor is.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. November 2020 patch

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title 

Message 1 of 12 (3,902 Views)

Re: Platforms/Floors Disappear

★★★ Newbie

I'm having this problem too, except I've found that the floors only disappear when I add windows. I took out all of the windows and it's fine now but like, I want the windows? Lol it's also only effecting this one building, out of 3 on this lot. 

Message 2 of 12 (3,809 Views)

★★ Novice

My issue eventually went away, I think it has something to do with item placement or windows? I just kept decorating and it eventually went back to normal without any reloading. I can force the issue with some success by moving the camera with just split platforms with walls and windows around it though. 

Message 3 of 12 (3,801 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@cactussoup42 definitely with window. i cant even decorate unless i delete all windows and then add them after. i havent finished the lot yet so ive yet to find out if the floors will work in gameplay even tho theyre disappearing while i build
Message 4 of 12 (3,773 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Platforms/Floors Disappear

★ Novice

Same here. The floor at level 2 are built, the ceiling of level 1 are built. From certain angle, the floor will just disappear exposing level 1 and I totally cant place/move any item at all, it will just snap down to level 1. Have a look at the screenshot, photo1 shows the sauna using the flooring tile (Now and Zen). at certain angle it just disappeared and exposed the flooring from level 1 (stone) and the fence. 

Message 5 of 12 (3,714 Views)

★ Guide
@RyanFooHsieh Talking of floors disappearing, today a roof disappeared. I mean it was still there cos I could see the roof trim and the attic walls. but the whole texture had vanished (it wasn't glass either). I actually had to use the texture tool to click on it and reapply a surface
Message 6 of 12 (3,697 Views)

★ Novice
@IngeJones I managed to find a temporary solution to my problem. Remove level 2 floor and re-built the floor. I just cannot put any type flooring until I've done furnishing the room. Once any type of flooring been put, the bug came back.
Message 7 of 12 (3,683 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Platforms/Floors Disappear

★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform: PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time I use a glass dancefloor
What is your current game version number? 1.69.59.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All packs except Snowy Escape, Journey to Batuu, Perfect Patio, Spooky Stuff, and Fitness Stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Use the glass dancefloors from Get Together
What happens when the bug occurs? The floors disappear when zooming in from certain angles
What do you expect to see? The floors correctly displayed
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Not sure
Please describe the patch or change you made. -

I'm having the same issue of floors in some rooms disappearing when moving the camera (they disappear when zooming in from certain angles). The floors only display correctly from certain angles, or when zoomed quite far out. The problem occurs in both Build/Buy and Live mode.

I'm using the highest graphics settings and my computer specs are up to par. My game is up to date, and I tried repairing the game and clearing the cache, which did not help. I do use mods, but the problem appears to be caused by an EA object. After googling the problem and finding this thread I tried removing the glass dancefloors ('Shake and Simmy' dancefloors) from Get Together from my build. This fixed the problem immediately. Interestingly, however, the glitch is occurring on the opposite side of the house to where the dancefloors are, i.e. the floors underneath the actual dancefloors are not glitching. Be that as it may, removing them fixed the glitch. Also, I saw that a lot of people were having similar issues on water lots in Sulani. My build, however, is on a regular lot in Del Sol Valley. The lot does have a pool and uses platforms.

Message 8 of 12 (3,438 Views)

EA Staff

Hello.

If anyone is still seeing the issue (without mods) and are willing to share save files, instructions are here:
https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Team/m-p/6065...

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 9 of 12 (3,249 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I am having the same problems described, and have just sent a private message with a save file and screenshots.  Thanks!

Message 10 of 12 (3,165 Views)