by dafnirene

Original Post

[NEEDS SAVES] Plates get stuck on sims hand when they try to feed toddler

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.71.86.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Get together and Toddler stuff pack
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Load the game and choose the Ambroise household and click on the high chair to try and feed the toddler
What happens when the bug occurs? When the two sims try to feed the toddler the food or drink gets stuck on their hands. This does not happen when they cook and eat for themselves. If they cook something and I click on the food does not get stuck but they are still unable to give it to him and they just put it away. I exit the game without saving every time fearing that they are going to take my toddler away. I have tried repairing the game, reseting the sims, traveling and sleeping but nothing seems to be working. When I reset the sims the food drops on the floor and the toddler can eat but it keeps happening the next time they try to give him food.
What do you expect to see? The food should be put on the high chair for the toddler to eat
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. I added the Toddler stuff pack and immediately after it finished installing I went into build mode to add the new stuff. Then, every time I go to livemode this issue occurs.

As the sim tries to feed the toddler again the plates pile up on her hand

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title

Message 1 of 6 (2,394 Views)

Food getting stuck to caregiver's hand when feeding toddler

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.75.205.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Every pack released as of 6/2/2021. This problem started happening after I installed Dream Home Decorator.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? By putting a toddler in a high chair and trying to feed it
What happens when the bug occurs? Rather than placing the food on the high chair, it gets stuck to the caregiver's hand and remains there. I had a massive stack of plates on my Sim's hand (no activities would remove them) and my kid was starving to death so I had to age him up.
What do you expect to see? The food being placed on the high chair so the toddler can eat it
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

I had to age the kid up so he wouldn't die and didn't take a screenshot

Message 2 of 6 (2,261 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Plates with food get stuck on sims hand when they try to feed toddler

Community Manager (retired)

Could anyone experiencing this issue possibly share a save file where you've seen it occur? You can DM me the link to your save, thanks so much!

Instructions for sharing your save: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Tea...

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 3 of 6 (2,063 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Plates with food get stuck on sims hand when they try to feed toddler

★★★ Newbie

I'm having the same issue!

I tried to attach it with your instructions linked and it didn't work. 

It said it was unsupported each time i tried. 

Message 4 of 6 (1,996 Views)

Hero
@jessicamcdaniels You need to upload the file to Google or OneDrive and send the link to Nick.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 6 (1,975 Views)

★★★ Novice

I just sent in a save file where this is happening! Thanks

Message 6 of 6 (1,418 Views)