[FIXED] Plants reverting to dirt pile (Patch 1.76.81)

by mandymiseryy

Original Post

Re: [OPEN] Plants reverting to dirt pile after fertilizing (Patch 1.76.81)

★★★ Guide
  • Which packs do you own ?--All of them
  • Which plants are affected ? Please list them all--so far, snapdragons
  • Does it happen after fertilizing or what's the trigger for you ?--the plants were fertilized, but that didn't trigger it. My sim was not doing anything with the plants. I checked if she needed to do anything, and there was one dirt pile and 5 fully grown plants. I guess rain may have triggered it-it has rained a lot in this save (Brindleton Bay in spring)
  • Were those new plants or plants planted before the patch ?--brand new save yesterday
  • If you have Seasons: Are the plants sheltered/inside ?--outside plants only
  • If you have Seasons: Are the plants in Season ?--in season
  • Are you using mods/cc ?--yes
  • What's your game Version ?--1.76.81.1020
  • What lot type are you playing on ?--residential. Sporting Space, specifically
  • If you own ECO, does it happen when the footprint changes ? If not, what's your current footprint ?--green
  • Are you getting any LastException files in your doc folder when the revert happens ?--no
  • Are you using a bee box ?--no

This is a new save I made yesterday. She has 6 snapdragons, 3 apple trees, 3 plantain trees, many strawberries, and 4 cc blueberry bushes. This has so far happened to one of the snapdragons. The snapdragons are the only plants that are in season. I also have the bug that I had to travel to be able to do anything with the plants (water, weed, fertilize, harvest), which is a new bug for me.

In my dream home decorator save, I had pre-existing plants that did not have this bug. Although if I went back to it, it might be there now.

Message 51 of 618 (1,230 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Plants reverting to dirt pile after fertilizing (Patch 1.76.81)

★★★ Guide

And now a different snapdragon plant has turned into a dirt pile. The other one that was a dirt pile stayed grown this time.

Message 52 of 618 (1,221 Views)

Re: Plants reverting to dirt pile after fertilizing

Hero
@wombatilim I checked your save games and one of the backups has the plants still in normal state. I ran the game on fast forward for two days and it didn't revert.

Does it happen again for you if you go back to that save (I'm not sure which ver it was as I just used the ingame function to recover but it's probably the one that's smaller than the rest)

From what I can tell it happened between Fri and Sat morning but it's now Monday in my test and they are still normal.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 53 of 618 (1,187 Views)

★★★ Guide
@crinrict I restored from the backup save you mentioned, and it didn't revert for me either when I went through it again.
Message 54 of 618 (1,164 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

I own all packs, all plants are affected in a modded and unmodded game. I don't use fertilizer normally but I did in the current save. My triggers were either when they wake up the next day, come home from work, or right after I saved as. Generally speaking, if they haven't been attended to in a day. the plants were planted after the most recent patch. In this save my plants are not sheltered but in my main game, they are sheltered and unsheltered for testing. Yes, the plants are within the current season, but out of season plants are growing and need to be weeded and watered. The save I have right now is not modded but I can provide both if need be. Current game version 1.76.81.1020 lot type 64x64 in Windenbrerg, I believe my current eco-footprint is neutral. No last exceptions and currently using a bee box.

Message 55 of 618 (1,146 Views)

★★ Guide

Packs? All except bust the dust, home deco, laundry.

Version: latest

Eco lifestyle?: Eco lifestyle features are off.

New save, new SIM, new house, plants planted after the patch.

No mods, no cc

Where? One of the empty plots in Sulani, the one closest to the volcano lot and the ship wreck.

What plants: All plants that are on season in spring.

What triggers it? No action. It is triggered by the season change.

I started a new save. It was winter. Planted a few different plants in planters inside the house. For 2 weeks everything was ok. All the plants were sheltered. On the first day of spring all the plants that should be on season reverted to dirt piles. All the other plants that were not on season stayed normal. I did not water,r harvest, weed or fertilize, it just happened. 

Message 56 of 618 (1,136 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@wombatilim Thanks for testing. It's really random then. Wonder what triggers it.

@4AngieB Do you have a before save ?    I  tested your save and I also couldn't get to revert it. It's a mystery to me.

@babuchas01 Do you have a before save ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 57 of 618 (1,107 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

So, some new information now that I've tested it a bit:

On my old save, pre-garden-breaking, my whole garden, or at least 85% of it, reverts to dirt piles in a blink at 7am. 60 plants, counting a cowplant, poof! dirt piles. My sims aren't anywhere near the garden at that time, and it reverts anyway, so it's not dependent on interactions of any kind (and I've never had them revert due to fertilizing anyway).

Secondly, after 7am, plants seem to revert at random, one at a time, and it may be due to interactions as my sim was spraying for bugs on wolfsbane and it reverted for the second time. The first, no one was near the wolfsbane when it happened.

Additionally, it seems every time I reload, new and different plants need water, weeding, or bug spraying that didn't need it before, or in some cases had already been tended to.

I have had to do so much saving and reloading just to keep my garden fully grown, and there are still entirely random elements to this glitch that I can't predict, and that make it inconsistently revert. I'm getting very tired of this.

Cottage Living comes out next Thursday. At this point I'm resigned to the fact the gardening will still be broken for the new pack, and I'm very disappointed and frustrated.

Edit: Just remembered another thing I noticed: certain plants take a very long time to fully grow. As in, plantain and pomegranate trees, death flower, and cowplant now take over a sim week to grow, even with a micro home and great soil lot trait, neither of which seem to make any difference when they ought to speed it up. Those are just the four I've noticed taking much longer than they ought to.

Message 58 of 618 (1,094 Views)

Hero
@Uigenna and you can reproduce it for those plants from a backup every time ? I've tested a few times now, just letting the game run for about a Sims week and it just doesn't happen Frown

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 59 of 618 (1,080 Views)

★★ Guide
@crinrict Yes, it happens every time I plant those seeds. I will test it a few more times on different saves, though.
Message 60 of 618 (1,062 Views)