[FIXED] Plants reverting to dirt pile (Patch 1.76.81)

by mandymiseryy

Original Post

Re: plant

★★★★★ Expert
@peridot97 It's an old bug, workaround: go into Build Mode, select Hammer and then delete all the plants. Then click the reverse button many times until all the plants are back.
Message 561 of 618 (1,150 Views)

Re: [NEEDS SAVES] Plants reverting to dirt pile (Patch 1.76.81)

★★★★ Apprentice

Hey, I play on PS4, and this is happening in my Sims in Bloom save. It's a every save problem though. I hope my save file helps you finally fix this. 

https://1drv.ms/u/s!ArDxzs4wq6-9gVo08uzwRfkuM5ZR

Message 562 of 618 (963 Views)

Bugged Plants

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.77.2.2310
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Only the base game, no extras
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Save game, exit to world, and go back into save file
What happens when the bug occurs? All of my gardening pot plants revert back to dirt piles/first stage of plant growth when I save and exit my game, even whey are "magnificent quality"
What do you expect to see? Plants should remain the stage they are in as expected
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

My game has been doing this consistently. I replant, tend my plants, and get them to excellent or magnificent quality. Then, when I save and exit the game, the plants revert back to dirt piles when I load back into the save file. 

Message 563 of 618 (805 Views)

Re: [HSY] Plants Reset During ThrifTea Notification

★★★ Apprentice

It happens in my game too. And it happens with or without MODS, I tested that. I thought it was a memory/cache problem, because it never happens right away in the game, only after half an hour playing or when I do a lot of construction, or when the seasons change. If my Sims go travel somewhere, when they come back they find their plants as "planted" instead of "mature" or blossoming. I have to use the plant cheat to get them back to mature. And since I keep my SIM's plants indoors to have them blooming every day, it's quite annoying.

Message 564 of 618 (804 Views)

Re: [HSY] Plants Reset During ThrifTea Notification

Hero
@croc4854 I moved your post over to the general thread because judging from what you posted, the thrift tea notification isn't the trigger for you.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 565 of 618 (791 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I have this issue too. Even my sheltered plants revert to dirt piles or bloom in the wrong  season. 

Message 566 of 618 (772 Views)

★ Novice

I also still have this issue where all the plants revert back to nothing.

Have never had mods and game is up to date.

Sim is a scientist, so plants revert everyday and or just never grow, both inside and out.

Message 567 of 618 (743 Views)

Re: Plants reverting to dirt pile after fertilizing

★★★ Newbie

In 2023, the bug still happens... 

1. I don't have Seasons

2. It affects plants and trees with fruits

3. It doesn't matter if they are in a small pot, a large box (4 places) or directly in the ground, they all revert suddenly

4. It happens spontaneously during day/night, but also:

- if i move out and back to the lot

- in construction mode if i move them around

5. Putting back in the inventory work only on a few of them, otherwise i have to use cheat, which is quite often and super annoying. 

I'll wait until this old issue get fixed before considering buying any extension packs.

Message 568 of 618 (663 Views)

Reflection about the gardening bug

★★★ Apprentice

Recently, I've been thinking about the gardening bug where plants revert to just planted with a programmer's view point.

I assume that the growth stage is stored as a float.

It seems like, when plants are blooming, there may be a roll over or overflow, causing their growth stage to erroneously get set to planted. That can be caused by using a test of something like

if( Growth_Stage = Blooming )

call Generate_Fruits

else ; If Growth_stage is slightly larger than Blooming, we end up here

call Do_Growing_Stuff

end

When using floats, test for equality is bad practice.

Tentative solution :

if( Growth_Stage >= Blooming )

Growth_Stage = Blooming ; If Growth_stage ever get to large, set it back to Blooming

call Generate_Fruits

else

call Do_Growing_Stuff

end

Hoping that this may help you.

Message 569 of 618 (654 Views)

★ Apprentice

@GiardiniDiMarzo wrote:
@peridot97It's an old bug, workaround: go into Build Mode, select Hammer and then delete all the plants. Then click the reverse button many times until all the plants are back.

Thank you so much!!

Message 570 of 618 (516 Views)