Re: [NEEDS SAVES] Plants reverting to dirt pile (Patch 1.76.81)

by Cinthilaa

Original Post

Re: Garden reverts to dirt piles after travel

[ Edited ]

@exdemon42 your post is very funny.

Also, try removing the Great Soil lot trait, that often helps.

Message 411 of 618 (386 Views)

Re: Garden reverts to dirt piles after travel

★★★★★ Expert
@mightyspritesims This bug started in my game too, when my sim became a doctor and I followed him to work. It was the first time I did an active career, when he came back home all the plants and trees were dirty piles. 😢
Message 412 of 618 (376 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Garden reverts to dirt piles after travel

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

@LoriTSpOoh I'll have to try this. This is how I've managed to "repair" plants that had weeds that just wouldn't ever go away but haven't tried it for the reverting issue!

edit: yeah I tried and it does work! Thanks for sharing! :>

Message 413 of 618 (407 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

@refguy70 @Thank you so much for the decision! It really works. Apparently, this is a kind of restoration of the object, as if the plant is rebooted and becomes full again, and not a pile of eart

Message 414 of 618 (544 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Garden reverts to dirt piles after travel

★★★★★ Newbie
@LoriTSp Omg this worked!!! Thank you SO much!!
Message 415 of 618 (365 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

My situation is a little different, but also related to gardening.

I've been having issues with gardening as well, but I'm only now realising how annoying it is because it's on a bigger scale! 

Ever since i've started playing in Henford-On-Bagley trying to grow a garden, it's been hell. 

I started to notice that when I would leave the lot and come back, all or some of the plants had reversed to their "just planted" stage. I'd wait a few days without any evolution, the plants would not start to grow again, not even the little bulb at the beginning.

I then noticed that even without leaving the lot, some of the crops would stop producing harvest, as if the spawning of harvestables around 5am was glitched for these plants. I'm not sure what triggered the glitch as I was purposefuly keeping my sim home, expect when going to work (rabbithole). So again, I would wait a few days to see if they started producing harvest again, with no luck. I probably could have waiting a whole week and nothing would have happened... In this instance, the plants look full grown, they just don't produce anything.

As a fix, sometimes leaving the lot and coming back heps, but not always.

I've noticed that when I store the plants in the household inventory and then place them back, it seems to reset them back to their previous, harvestable, non-glitchy state. If the crop has reversed to its 'just planted" stage, placing it in the inventory and then back out should fix it. Same if the plants are grown but no longeer producing haverstables. 

Obviously, even with the fix, it's a huge pain, especially when you have a massive garden with loads of plants and you have to pick them one by one and place them back one by one everyday!

I am aware that there's a huge team working on the Sims, but maybe we can dedicate more people to the glitch fixing team. It does upset me quite a lot when I see all the new game packs coming out when the game is so glitched it's hard to play as it is!

Maybe hold the breaks on releasing new packs until the game is proper fixed, so people can actually play? Because so far it looks like it's only adding to the list of needed fixes for the game, and it's hard to keep up. I havn't bought a new pack in over a year because I can't imagine adding more glitches to my game!! Which is unfortunate because some of the gameplay seems fun...

So come on guys, enough with the money grabbing please, take the time to actually fix the game and THEN maybe release some new content! I think the community has been feddup for a while now and I'm sure I speak for more than myself when I say this

Message 416 of 618 (496 Views)

Re: Plants reverting to dirt pile after fertilizing

★ Apprentice

Hi there,

Its been a while but the thing with the plants reverses to dirtpiles has gotten wurst. now even the plants in the world (witch are in season) revert to dirt piles!

Message 417 of 618 (460 Views)

★★★★★ Guide
@mandymiseryy Its still happening in the game. Sometimes I feel it's right after I do any interaction with the plant at all and sometimes it seems as if it's completely random.
Message 418 of 618 (446 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@mandymiseryy I've been having issues with gardening as well, but I'm only now realising how annoying it is because it's on a bigger scale!

Ever since i've started playing in Henford-On-Bagley trying to grow a garden, it's been hell.
Message 419 of 618 (418 Views)

Harvestables resets to dirt pile

★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.92.145.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All packs and expansions, except High School Years
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Plant whatever harvestable plant on lot. Anytime you travel, go into CAS or even while on lot, the plants reset to mound.
What happens when the bug occurs? Plants reset to a mound and will not grow or do anything.
What do you expect to see? I expect the plants to consistently be harvestable and not need to reset each one to "blossoming" every single time I want to travel or use CAS.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. High School Years base update.

Harvestable plants are consistently resetting to mounds and not regrowing without cheating interventions (setting to blossoming).  It only started post High School Years base game update in June.  It happens every single time I travel, or use CAS.  It also does happen within a day on lot without travel/CAS, but seem intermittent.

Message 420 of 618 (362 Views)