Re: [NEEDS SAVES] Plants reverting to dirt pile (Patch 1.76.81)

by flauschtrud

Original Post

Re: Plants Constantly reverting to dirt piles

★★ Guide
@ifnotthe2nd I truly believe this will never be fixed. As I've written previous I've had this bug for two years
Message 351 of 618 (422 Views)

★★ Guide
@ifnotthe2nd every time there is an update I get some other kind of bug. At this point I hate updating the game
Message 352 of 618 (421 Views)

★★ Novice
@HawnaKitty Very well spoken.  I couldn't agree more.  If you pay for something it should work, and if it doesn't it should be fixed.  EA either doesn't care or they are incapable of fixing their broken game.  This is broken, yet they continue to produce content that involves gardening; plasma fruit for Vampires, magical plants for Realm of Magic, catnip, Cottage Living, just to name a few off the top of my head.  EA, why are pushing out content that involves gardening when gardening is broken? Are you getting the message that your paying customers are a little upset over this issue that you've ignored for so long???
Message 353 of 618 (381 Views)

★★ Guide
@sandylee1749 More people should be upset. They know we are but they don't care. They ignore the bug even exists and they ignore us
Message 354 of 618 (601 Views)

★★ Guide

Has someone been deleting posts??? I have noticed that some are missing? What's going on? Is EA doing this?

Message 355 of 618 (571 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide
  • Which packs do you own ? All of them as of 31 August 2022
  • Which plants are affected ? Wolfsbane, plasma tree, mosquito plant
  • Does it happen after fertilizing or what's the trigger for you ? No specific trigger as far as I can see
  • Were those new plants or plants planted before the patch ? New after 1.90
  • If you have Seasons: Are the plants sheltered/inside ? They're outside
  • If you have Seasons: Are the plants in Season ? Yes
  • Are you using mods/cc ? No
  • What's your game Version ? 1.91.186.1030
  • What lot type are you playing on ? Residential
  • If you own ECO, does it happen when the footprint changes ? If not, what's your current footprint ? No - it's neutral
  • Are you getting any LastException files in your doc folder when the revert happens ? No
  • Are you using a bee box ? No
  • Does the lot have any lot traits ? Residential vampire lair
  • What kind of fertilizer have you been using ? Does it happen to plants that have never been fertilized ? A mix of plasma fruit and wolfsbane. They've all been fertilized so I don't know.

Just got this for the first time today. First, only three of the trees turned to dirt - but all other plants lost the ability to "collect microscopic sample" and "research plant" and soon after also became dirt

save file https://1drv.ms/u/s!AjmIPAGbIe7QhV0Rlc_HQ_ZfXbAA?e=2IUYQq

Message 356 of 618 (560 Views)

★★★ Guide

This issue has become a lot worse since the HSY patch. Before I sometimes had plants reverting, but it was very rare and not all of them, so I did not really care about it.

Now my plants revert almost every day which makes gardening basically unplayable. Even the growth state cheat interaction does not always help and it's really annoying to have to do that for every plant constantly...

Message 357 of 618 (533 Views)

★★ Guide
@flauschtrud I understand your frustration believe me. I loved when my Sims gardened because there would be fresh fruit and veggies in their refrigerator. Now the whole game gives me anxiety.
Message 358 of 618 (518 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Witch plants are affected ? ALL of them. It affect even wild, off lot plants. They can't evolve, you can't fertilize them.

I don't have High School Years.

The triggers that I have noticed so far are :

• Returning from CaS (new since HSY update)
  • Returning to your home after having travelled to anywhere (have worsened since HSY update)
  • Resuming your game (new since HSY update)
  • It's midnight (new since HSY update)
  • It's between 5:50 and 6:15 (old)
  • You forgot to harvest some plants the previous day (old)

Things that seems to have an influence are the quality of the plant : Freshly, never evolved plants are seldom affected. Perfect plants are the worst.

Tending the garden before harvesting CAN trigger the bub.

Happen in a save created after the latest update as well as with much older saves.

Message 359 of 618 (386 Views)

★★ Guide
@Kualinar I think we're stuck with this nasty bug. I've had it over 2-years now. EA just doesn't care about any of us. It's all for money!
Message 360 of 618 (379 Views)