Plants are returning to Mound Again

by troshalom

Original Post

Re: [NEEDS SAVES] Plants reverting to dirt pile (Patch 1.76.81)

★★ Guide

Mine don't die either but at 5:00am every day they return to the dirt mound like they were just planted. EA knows about this as many are experiencing it for a very long time but they just don't care.

Message 221 of 618 (1,248 Views)

Re: [NEEDS SAVES] Plants reverting to dirt pile (Patch 1.76.81)

★★★ Guide

When my Sim went to bed, vs when he woke up.

Message 222 of 618 (1,208 Views)

Plants are returning to Mound Again

★★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.80.69.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? EPs: Get To Work, GT, GF, Seasons, IL, C&D, and CL. GPs: Strangerville, JA, Parenthood, DO, Spa, OR. SP: bowling, fitness, kids room, laundry day, movie hangout, 1st pet, toddler, vintage glamour, backyard, moschino. Gift: Holiday, Guitar
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have a mature garden with a variety of plants that are harvestable. Play in game several days.
What happens when the bug occurs? Most of the plants return to mound. Unable to harvest, even though these plants are in season. I was able to harvest these plants previously in game. When 5 am game time came the plant did not go to harvest stage it instead reverted to a dirt mound.
What do you expect to see? I expect the plant to be mature and ready to harvest after 5 am game time.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

The gardening bug was fixed. I have actually played this family for a few in game days last week. Went to play the game again today, launched the save, when 5 am in game came around most of the plants ready for harvest reverted to mound. I used the cheat to make them mature again. Some of the plants in a planter would revert to mound when I went into build/buy. So I moved them out of the planter and placed them in the ground.

The next day many plants remained mature except for the plants highlighted which reverted to mound or a smaller state. Very few plants were available for harvest.

Sims4GardeningBug.png

BTW, I play with very few CC/mods - I prefer to not have scripts overrun the original programming of the game. I have no mods related to farming, gardening in the game.

Message 223 of 618 (1,145 Views)

Re: Plants are returning to Mound Again

★★★ Guide

@crinrictI'm still testing.  I started a new game, with a lot that always reverted back to dirt mounds during the first night / morning.  I removed the Insect Farm, left the Bee Box.  No reversion.  Was able to actually get a harvest that first morning.  One event doesn't make a work-around, but if others having this issue have the Insect Farm, we may have found the cause.  I'll keep trying things, and see how the first Sim week goes.

Message 224 of 618 (1,005 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

@Ulfric_GrimbrandI don't have an insect farm or anything other than plants. Still happens. I even uprooted the plants and planted new ones and it still happens. I've also noticed that some in-season plants in the stand-up planters don't ways grow.

Note : it doesn't happen everyday in game, maybe every few days and it's always at 7am

EDIT: I'm changing the plot traits, getting rid of the "great soil" trait and seeing if that helps. So far it's been good but I'll keep y'all updated. 

Message 225 of 618 (988 Views)

Hero
@Ulfric_Grimbrand I think there's so many factors to this bug .. bit like the invading home issue. I don't have much hope of this ever getting fully fixed.

There's already a few scenarios identified but at this point they might as well just introduce a band aid fix instead of trying to find all the sources.

Just my opinion of course.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 226 of 618 (976 Views)

★★★ Guide

@cozybunnyxo @crinrict Yeah, on the third day, I had one revert.  Which beats every one of them reverting. (you've seen the size of my gardens LOL).  I still think it's all tied to Eco Living and perhaps Seasons as well.

Message 227 of 618 (942 Views)

★★★ Guide

@cozybunnyxoTurn a chicken into a golden chicken.  They will automatically evolve your plants to perfect if you ask for golden chicken help. so you won't really need the great soil lot trait.

Message 228 of 618 (937 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

@Ulfric_GrimbrandI do think it's seasons related. It was happening to me prior to owning the eco living but perhaps it has made it worse. Right now, I changed the plot trait, I had always had Great Soil for all my homes so I got rid of that and so far my plants haven't reverted but we shall see. Have you also used the Great Soil plot trait?

Message 229 of 618 (937 Views)

★★★ Guide

@cozybunnyxoI have used it in the past, but that was a long ... long time ago.  All of my plants are already at perfect, so it hasn't been needed in any of my games for a very long time.  (And a golden chicken takes care of the new plants).

Message 230 of 618 (1,188 Views)