Re: Bug after cottage living

by shadedgrey63

Original Post

Bug after cottage living

★★★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Occasionally (10% - 49%)
What is your current game version number? 1.46
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Playing
What happens when the bug occurs? Plants reverse to just planted form
What do you expect to see? Fix
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Cottage living

After installing cottage living i cant build rocket ships and all my plants (15) have reverted to just planted state

Message 181 of 618 (1,098 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

I've been doing some messing around to see whats causing it, and it seems to be when I fertilize a plant.  Even if I only fertilize one plant, all of them start to reset.  I also started playing a different household, that had no plants at all, for a few days.  Then yesterday I went back to the household with the resetting plants, and they seem to be fixed again.  I don't know if this information helps.

Message 182 of 618 (1,084 Views)

★★ Guide

I have observed that in my games the trait "great soul" makes it worse. When I remove it it still happens but less often and it affects fewer plants.

Message 183 of 618 (1,056 Views)

★★ Guide
@babuchas01 Maybe I’ll try removing ‘great soil’ on my lot then.
Message 184 of 618 (1,015 Views)

Re: [NEEDS SAVES] Plants reverting to dirt pile (Patch 1.76.81)

★★★ Novice

Some of the garden is in dirt piles and some isn't and that is kinda weird

Also the cow plant isn't showing when you revive it and also we need to get notifications of we need to feed the cow plant before it dies!!

Message 185 of 618 (1,001 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

This happens to me too. It if very frustrating to keep waiting for the plants to grow from dirt pile over and over again. I do have the lot trait "great soil" too. I will remove it to see if it helps at all.

Product
: The Sims 4

Platform:PC

Which language are you playing the game in? English

How often does the bug occur? Often (90%)

What is your current game version number? 1.78.58.1030

What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Everything except Courtyard oasis kit and Throwback fit kit

How can we find the bug ourselves? I have no clue, it just happens. Last time it happened when I fertilized my plants. The first times it happened I did not pay attention to what I had done with my sims.

What happens when the bug occurs? Several plants revert back to a dirt pile. Not all of them always. But those who don't immediately will revert to dirt piles later.

What do you expect to see? For the plants not to turn into dirt piles anymore.

Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods?
 I had but I removed them to test if this issue was caused by the mods or the game. Seems to be caused by the game itself.

Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Not sure. I haven't played sims since December 2020. But I didn't have the issue back then. Now I am playing again in 2021 autumn after buying cottage living and I'm experiencing this issue just like others.

Please describe the patch or change you made. Didn't make any changes. I just began a brand new game save in cottage living world with brand new sims.

Message 186 of 618 (968 Views)

Garden plants keep turning to dirt mounds in Sims 4

★★ Newbie

How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.47
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them, except Bust the Dust Kit and the Industrial Loft Kit
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Plant a garden
What happens when the bug occurs? Every day I have my sims tend the garden, which is sheltered so seasons should not affect the plants, usually first thing when they wake up, however recently if I do not tend the garden within two hours of the change over at 6 am sim time, all my plants disappear back to dirt mounds, and hiring a professional gardener does nothing to help this as the sevices do not arrive before 10 am sim time
What do you expect to see? My plants should stay plants unless they are neglected for more than 48 hours sim time
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. It happened around the time the Cottage Living pack came out and the subsequent update at that time

No screenshot or video at this time

Message 187 of 618 (954 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice
  • Which packs do you own ?
  •  All except Batuu, Strangerville, Throwback Fit Kit, Country Kitchen Kit, Courtyard Oasis Kit, and Industrial Loft Kit
  •   (My save is a little unique, I ONLY have Base game, Bust the Dust, and Backyard stuff enabled. This problem effects ALL my saves, no matter which packs I own or mods.)
  • Which plants are affected ? Please list them all
  •  For my current save; Apple, Cherry , Blackberry, and Onion. But, across all my saves, EVERY. PLANT. REVERTS.
  • Does it happen after fertilizing or what's the trigger for you ?
  •  I rarely fertilize (I'm lazy). My triggers are: After harvesting, At 5am, only harvesting one plant and the rest revert, after I water, after I weed
  • Were those new plants or plants planted before the patch ?
  •  For my current save: New plants.
  • If you have Seasons: Are the plants sheltered/inside ?
  •  I own Seasons, but on my current save I do not have it enabled. On my Seasons saves, the problem happens with plants inside or outside. Doesn't seem to matter.
  • If you have Seasons: Are the plants in Season ?
  •  I own Seasons, but on my current save I do not have it enabled. On my Seasons saves; yes, the plants revert when in-season.
  • Are you using mods/cc ?
  •  Yes, some saves, no.
  • What's your game Version ?
  •  I started the save on 1.78.58.1030, and now I'm patched to 1.79.93.1030. My plants revert on both versions.
  • What lot type are you playing on ?
  •  Just a normal residential lot.
  • If you own ECO, does it happen when the footprint changes ? If not, what's your current footprint ?
  •  I own Eco, but on my current save I do not have it enabled. On my Eco saves; my footprint rarely changes, and it's usually always in neutral. The plants revert anyways.
  • Are you getting any LastException files in your doc folder when the revert happens ?
  •  No, never.
  • Are you using a bee box ?
  •  No.
  • Does the lot have any lot traits ?
  •  I'm not using any currently.
  • What kind of fertilizer have you been using ? Does it happen to plants that have never been fertilized ?
  •  No fertilizer, and yes, the plants revert without ever being fertilized.

Edit: New trigger. When I move the plants in build/buy, they revert.

Message 188 of 618 (937 Views)

★ Guide
I got this issue too after i opened the build mode. When I move the plant, it is disappeared and turned into harvestables. some plants suddenly dissapeared misteriously too, even though i'm doing nothing.
Message 189 of 618 (1,064 Views)

Sims4 season pack broke my plants.

★★★★★ Newbie

How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? Sp18: 1.assets.live-sp18.35
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All except the Star Wars pack , cottage living and all the kits.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Try gardening all fruits, veggies, flower,etc under shelter at level 10 of gardening and drownings the season even covered it will turn into dirt lumps . And the growing process takes longer it seems.
What happens when the bug occurs? Plants , trees go back into dormant even when they are in the right season .
What do you expect to see? That the games works like it should and stop getting me these bugs.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

As you can see many of the plants are in dirt lumps and even in the right season they won’t grow but they wher growing in other previous seasons.

Message 190 of 618 (1,084 Views)