Re: Plants reverting to dirt pile after fertilizing

by marena33

Original Post

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Well I have completely scrubbed my game, and after a new save this is still happening to me.

I fertilize a plant and it will simply revert to dirt after the next day. I cannot garden. I do not have any mods, and again this is the only save after completely restarting my game =/

I am on pc and can cheat my plants back but having to this day after day is more than a bit daunting. 

Message 171 of 618 (1,262 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Still seeing this issue, its really demoralizing and my desire to play is just not there. I use gardening a lot..

• Which packs do you own ?
    All of them.
  • Which plants are affected ? Please list them all
    Money tree, Apple tree, Lemon Tree, Plasma Fruit tree,  Growfruit tree, Avocado tree
  • Does it happen after fertilizing or what's the trigger for you ?
    Cant figure out a trigger, one day theyre fine, the next theyre patches of dirt.
  • Were those new plants or plants planted before the patch ?
    Some were new, some have been there for literal years.
  • If you have Seasons: Are the plants sheltered/inside ?
    No, theyre outside. The sheltered plants are unaffected
  • If you have Seasons: Are the plants in Season ?
    Yes
  • Are you using mods/cc ?
    No
  • What's your game Version ?
  • What lot type are you playing on ?
    Residential 64x64
  • If you own ECO, does it happen when the footprint changes ? If not, what's your current footprint ?
    My footprint never changes, it refuses to roll over to eco, its always bordering on eco, in neutral
  • Are you getting any LastException files in your doc folder when the revert happens ?
    Yes
  • Are you using a bee box ?
    Yes, though I dont believe the trees are affected by it as the beebox is inside my greenhouse
  • Does the lot have any lot traits ?
    Yes
  • What kind of fertilizer have you been using ? Does it happen to plants that have never been fertilized ?
    Glowfruit, and the new cottage living fertilizers. All my plants have been fertilized. 

Save file: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1x-I8tqVOlejDZcMaIMbAk8e1O5zp497X/view?usp=sharing

Message 172 of 618 (1,189 Views)

★ Novice

Yes! Same here, 7 am. Now after the latest patch it happens almost every sim day. It doesn't affect all of the plants at the same time, some of them are left unharmed. It seems, though, that this only (or mostly, since I can't be sure 100%) occurs when the plants are left unharvested at 7 am. If I harvest them before 7 am, that doesn't seem to happen. It is still very annoying, though. A major bug that spoils the whole experience.

Message 173 of 618 (1,113 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

Which packs do you own?

-  All except Journey to Batuu, My First Pet Stuff, Paranormal Stuff, Eco Lifestyle, Realm of Magic, Dream Home Decorator and kits

Which plants are affected? Please list them all

-  Apple tree, plantain tree, lemon tree, and plenty of others too that I didn't write down. EDIT: Catnip, madnip, napnip, daisy, chrysantemum, tulip, bird of paradise, strawberry, onion, bell pepper as well.

Does it happen after fertilizing or what's the trigger for you?

-  I haven't noticed one single trigger - sometimes it happens after my sims come home from another lot, sometimes it happens during the night when my sims sleep. EDIT: I fertilized a bunch of plants at the same time and all of them reverted to dirt piles.

Were those new plants or plants planted before the patch?

-  I'm not sure

If you have Seasons: Are the plants sheltered/inside?

- They're outside, but have a roof over their head so the game considers them sheltered.

If you have Seasons: Are the plants in Season?

- Yes

Are you using mods/cc?

- Yes

What's your game Version?

What lot type are you playing on?

- Residental

If you own ECO, does it happen when the footprint changes? If not, what's your current footprint?

- I don't own ECO

Are you getting any LastException files in your doc folder when the revert happens?

- The most recent time it happened, no

Are you using a bee box?

- Yes, but some of the plants affected are not within the bee box's reach

Does the lot have any lot traits?

- Yes: homey, private dwelling, and great soil

What kind of fertilizer have you been using? Does it happen to plants that have never been fertilized?

-Other plants and fish. All of my plants have been fertilized, so I don't know if unfertilized plants are affected.

Message 174 of 618 (1,069 Views)

★★ Novice

Hey folks, I've been  frustrated by this bug, too. Last night, however, I accidentally noticed something interesting...

I had started a log of my plant harvests by plant. I went through all of my plants one by one (all 41 planters worth!) and made sure that they all looked good right before the 5am magic hour. Resetting everything that wasn't copacetic seemed to make the difference, as all of my harvestables spawned. So I counted and tallied everything before touching anything, then I was called away from the computer (saving first, of course).

When I got back, I reload my game, and a bunch of my plants had reverted (even though no time had passed or events had taken place in-game), so I tallied up exactly what disappeared. Shortly thereafter, I went into my Household Inventory for something and found that exactly every harvestable that had disappeared was actually in there. I had noticed harvestables popping up in there before, and thought it was just part of the gnomes-in-the-inventory bug. 

I haven't replicated the incident yet, but thought I'd throw this out for your perusal.

Message 175 of 618 (1,017 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

I've been seeing this problem too.  I cant say when it started because I stopped playing Sims for a few months, then came back to it about a week ago, when I bought home decorator and cottage living.  The problem started then and hasn't gone away.

Which packs do you own?

-All except throwback kit, country kitchen kit, courtyard kit and industrial kit.

Which plants are affected? Please list them all

-  All of my plants are affected, vegetables, flowers, plasma fruits, catnips, herbs.  I planted a money tree, but that has stayed as dirt for 2 weeks ingame time.  Oversized crops dont seem to be affected though.

Does it happen after fertilizing or what's the trigger for you?

- I have no idea whats causing it.  Some of the plants have been fertilised, but not all of them, yet all of them reset.  I have noticed it only happens when my camera isn't focused on them.

Were those new plants or plants planted before the patch?

-  they were planted about a week ago, I dont know when the patch came out.

If you have Seasons: Are the plants sheltered/inside?

- They're all outside.

If you have Seasons: Are the plants in Season?

- Yes

Are you using mods/cc?

- no

What's your game Version?

- Not sure, its updated to the current version, the patch that came out a couple of days ago to fix the stairs issue.

What lot type are you playing on?

- Residental

If you own ECO, does it happen when the footprint changes? If not, what's your current footprint?

- The eco footprint hasn't changed.  In fact its stuck at the end of neutral/green.  No matter what I do, I cant make it increase to green.

Are you getting any LastException files in your doc folder when the revert happens?

- Not sure, I have a lot of those files dated the past few days though

Are you using a bee box?

- No

Does the lot have any lot traits?

- homely and great soil.

What kind of fertilizer have you been using? Does it happen to plants that have never been fertilized?

- random flowers.  It happens to plants that haven't been fertilized too.

Message 176 of 618 (964 Views)

Magnificant Apple Tree turned into a dirt pile

★★★ Novice

I was just playing then all of a sudden a few of my apple trees turned into dirt piles and I could no longer havest them etc, it still shows as being magnificant quality however. 

Message 177 of 618 (976 Views)

Plants reverting to dirt piles patch 1.78.58.1030

★★★★ Apprentice

I am experiencing my plants reverting to dirt piles. I am currently patched to game version 1.78.58.1030. I know this was a problem that was supposed tp be fixed in a previous patch, but it is still happening to me, and, according to the Sims 4 discussion forums, many other users as well. 

This means that gardening, a key feature of the game, especially with Cottage Living, in not working.

I have no mods, and I have tried deleting temp files as well as repairing the game.

Product: The Sims 4
Platform: PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? 100% of the time
What is your current game version number? 1.78.58.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? 

Expansion Packs: Cottage Living, Get to Work, Cats & Dogs, City Living, Discover University, Get Together, Island Living, Seasons.

Game Packs: Dine Out, Jungle Adventure, Outdoor Retreat, Parenthood, Vampires

Stuff Packs: Cool Kitchen Stuff, Laundry Day Stuff, Luxury Party Stuff, Moschino Stuff Pack, Movie Hangout, Nifty Knitting, Paranormal, Romantic Garden, Toddler Stuff, Vintage Glamour

Other: Holiday Celebration Pack

Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Try gardening in the game, and the plants will revert to dirt piles. Even plants downloaded from the gallery revert to dirt piles when placed.
What do you expect to see? I expect to be able to garden in the Sims 4 without all of my plants reverting to dirt piles.

Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? No
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? I first noticed it after patch 1.78.58.1030

I have tried deleting temp files and repairing the game.

Message 178 of 618 (904 Views)

Plants are turning into dirt piles apparently randomly

★★★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.78.58.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Everything EXCEPT: Cottage Living, Dream Home Decorator, Star Wars, Paranormal, Nifty Knitting, Spooky
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Garden in the game for any significant period of time. Eventually, your fully grown plants will turn into dirt piles for no apparent reason. Cheating to make them fully grown again does not last. They just revert back to dirt piles again the next day without giving any harvestables.
What happens when the bug occurs? See above
What do you expect to see? My plants staying fully grown obviously
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

It has been like this as long as I can remember that my plants would just randomly screw up and refuse to grow back to normal size.  This time it happened after I moved the plants.  So my Sim lives in Oasis Springs and had plants in the backyard that were growing fine in their pots.  I decided to move the plants to the city where my Sim has a penthouse retail shop (I use the harvestables for my baked goods).  I also have a place for her to sleep there.  She went to bed, woke up, and half the plants were dirt piles again.  So infuriating!!!!

Seasons is installed, but has nothing to do with it.  These plants are all sheltered in the greenhouse looking room.  They should all remain full size.  But they don't.

Message 179 of 618 (1,357 Views)

Re: Plants are turning into dirt piles apparently randomly

★★★★ Novice

This is still happening for me too. I know it was addressed in a patch, and that seemed to work for a while, but it's happening again.

I have all the expansions including Cottage Living, all game packs except Journey to Batuu, most of the stuff packs. No mods/cc, game is updated to latest version. I haven't noticed any particular trigger- it just happens some days and not others, to all kinds of plants except the oversized ones. I'm playing on the big empty lot in CL, and the eco footprint is green. It's a "simple living" lot so my sims are pretty dependent on having crops to harvest for food and income.

Message 180 of 618 (1,283 Views)