Re: Plants reverting to dirt pile after fertilizing

by thecharsims

Original Post

Re: Plant randomly changing growth stages

Champion

@JennyOTheWoods @thecharsims I had this problem recently but only with the cow plant.  I'm on PC.  When the cowplant reverted to just the horns poking out of the ground, I was able to use the reset object cheat.  However, it was happening so frequently that I ended up just selling it.  I definitely think there's a bug here even though it's not happening for my other plants.  Perhaps the bug behaves differently on console?  The only times I've noticed plants reverting to "planted" stage is when the seasons change.

I only have a fraction of the number of plants you have!  So, I can only imagine the frustration of cheating them all back to the blossoming stage.  Although I wanted to mention that using testing cheats I have a 'Spawn Fruit (Debug)" option.  Do you have that option?  It's doesn't fix the issue but at least you should be able to continue harvesting. 

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Please help other players:
Add XP to posts you think are helpful.
Click Accept As Solution for posts that resolve your issue.
Happy Simming!

Message 161 of 618 (850 Views)

★★ Guide
@JennyOTheWoods Oh, wow. It's only happened to me once so far. It was so strange. I don't even know what could've caused the plants to change into dirt piles like that. I've gotten the bug where the harvestables go into the family inventory, too. I think they're just bugged in general on all platforms. Hopefully, the sims team knows and will release a fix soon for us. I'm sorry. When I cheated, I had testing cheats on and chose the growth state of my plants. It is tedious, especially if you have a lot of plants and especially if they are reverting back to dirt piles within the next day. What a pain.
Message 162 of 618 (822 Views)

★★ Guide
@JonaO703 Oh, that makes sense. I forgot about the seasons changing but funny enough, I actually took a look at the calendar a day or so after this issue happened to me. It was only 3 days before Winter when this issue happened to me. Well, technically 4-5 days before winter when my plants actually revert to a dirt pile state.
Message 163 of 618 (822 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

vyvexthorne said:  I finally got a video of it. Of course it's taken with the in game camera so the quality isn't that good. This one is occurring almost every day at 7 am. Predictable enough that I could catch it on video at any rate.

SAME!  Around 7am.  This has been going on forever.  It's SO annoying!  If I want a farming sim, I have to save the game at around 6am every sim morning.  Then when the plants revert, I exit without save then load the game again and the plants are o.k. until the next sim day at 7am.  So I end up having to exit without save and then reload the game every single sim day. This has been happening in what seems forever.  I keep popping into to check on the bug thread to see if it's been fixed.  Looks like I'm out of luck again. LOL

Message 164 of 618 (808 Views)

★★ Guide
@MunchieSim That sounds completely exhausting for you. Omg There has to be a better way. Who wants to keep restarting their game like that smh
Message 165 of 618 (775 Views)

★ Apprentice

I went and planted tons of money trees, The kid-friendly ea-approved ones, and started getting $800K a day (I thought they only bloomed once every 120 hours or once a week? Whatever)

My sim got so rich they were married off quick, and now I'm starting a new sim.

I've noticed weeds come just before blooms, and only on a few trees (my sim stays up nights to watch for weeds and to super-sell at 6:55AM)

But after that they need something to do, and I just noticed (today) The built-in, kid-friendly, yada-etc hottubs can be upgraded but never used,

except for a hottub looking like a natural hot-spring, which can be used after a warning about taking a shower.

I cannot report it as a bug, it's probably some mod (right?) but I couldn't ask without getting a new thread started, and this one seems OK.

I never used hottubs anyway.

Plants (in my game) seem better-behaved, better than massive weeds and turning all to dirt overnight.

One or three weedy ones, one or two dirt piles (sometimes, no dirt piles)

And *then* someone mentioned consoles, which, I'm thinking, don't get updated often.

I guess what I am wondering is, was there any updates to windows or Xboxes involved, but that's guessing.

Anyway, if my new sim gets some old problems, I will edit this.

cashcrop.jpg

Message 166 of 618 (717 Views)

Re: [NEEDS SAVES] Plants reverting to dirt pile (Patch 1.76.81)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

I am having this same issue. Every single sims day at exactly 7 am my plants revert to dirt piles unless they have been harvested then sometimes they don't. Unharvested this happens EVERY TIME. It is always the entire greenhouse full of plants unless they are partially harvested then sometimes only ones that have not been harvested do it. They are inside of an enclosed greenhouse. I have tried planting them in the ground and in planters it doesn't make any difference and it happens EVERY SINGLE DAY at exactly 7 am the only thing that sometimes stops it is if I harvest them all before 7 am but if the sim fails to finish harvesting before 7 am all the unharvested plants reset and sometimes also the harvested ones. I can stop it from happening by saving at a few minutes before 7 am and restarting the game. Nothing else works.

This is a brand new save for Cottage Living I do have custom content and mods but it happens even if they are removed. It has been happening with various severity in every saved game I have but this one is by far the worse. EVERY SINGLE DAY at 7 am exactly. If you watch them you will see them reset. This is really ruining the game for my farming family and making me regret my purchase. This bug has gotten worse not better since the supposed fix.

I have every pack installed except for the kits and Batu.

Message 167 of 618 (652 Views)

Re: [NEEDS SAVES] Plants reverting to dirt pile (Patch 1.76.81)

★★★★ Apprentice

I am also having this problem and REALLY annoyed that it was supposedly fixed in the latest patch, but obviously was not. Coming to this thread, I see people talking about a 7AM bug and I do seem to be having the bug always in the mornings as well.

I also have produce popping into the household inventory at random intervals.

• Which packs do you own ?    All except kits, Batu, Strangerville, My First Pet, Bowling, Knitting, Backyard, Luxury Party
  • Which plants are affected ? Please list them all   Sorry, too many to list. I've had it happen with almost any and all plants, I'm growing almost all the plants in the game.
  • Does it happen after fertilizing or what's the trigger for you ?  Yes, that has happened, also moving them, moving them into and out of inventory, and random times
  • Were those new plants or plants planted before the patch ?   Some of each
  • If you have Seasons: Are the plants sheltered/inside ?   Some inside, some out, happens both places
  • If you have Seasons: Are the plants in Season ?   Yes it's in-season plants
  • Are you using mods/cc ?  Yes, very few, but it happens even without them.
  • What's your game Version ?  1.77.146.1230
  • What lot type are you playing on ?   Residential
  • If you own ECO, does it happen when the footprint changes ? If not, what's your current footprint ?   Yes, in fact it did seem to happen when my eco footprint just changed to neutral
  • Are you getting any LastException files in your doc folder when the revert happens ?  Possibly?  Not sure yet, my game crashes a lot though
  • Are you using a bee box ?    Yes
  • Does the lot have any lot traits ?    Simple Living, Homey, Off The Grid, Wild Foxes
  • What kind of fertilizer have you been using ? Does it happen to plants that have never been fertilized ?  I have used produce & Super Fertilizer, also golden pulse. Not sure because I fertilize all my plants.
Message 168 of 618 (639 Views)

Plants going back to dirt piles

★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? The latest
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All but a few
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Not sure
What happens when the bug occurs? Plants go back to dirt piles
What do you expect to see? .
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

My plants seem to always go back to dirt piles, I know this was a known issue in the past, but it still happens for me? Plants get to the stage to harvest, then revert back to dirt piles, with my harvestables in the household inventory.. 

Message 169 of 618 (1,037 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

@chitbill wrote:

I went and planted tons of money trees,

Anyway, if my new sim gets some old problems, I will edit this.

No,

doing anything from anyone is pointless,

it gets better (from entire crop reverting to a single plant)

then worse.
I've been reading posts written "June 2020" so I guess this is permanent.

8/24:

abandon hope
Looking on the bright side, if I treat it as one of those cute challenges, remembering that entire crops can/might revert at exactly 7AM,

and leaving the lot overnight makes plants not bloom, I make sure to stay home after 11PM, Harvest 6:30AM, collect (sometimes)

$1.2M (One million, two hundred-thousand) every 24 hours, but like the poster said, it's "Daunting" plus no one mentioned it in the 8/19 411, they'd rather see the game made harder.

I just edited this to add a note, apologies if the missing edit shows up and it looks like I'm repeating myself:

OK my edit was, trees that get placed manually in Build-mode act like they were planted, but they never seem to bear fruit.

In all other respects they look identical to  the fruit-bearing variety.

After harvesting the crop of money trees, my sim went to the "Bank" (upland place) where all the vaults are, in Del Sol Valley.

The game decided that at least one vault is a money tree.

Leaving the lot and coming back, makes it decide that a *different* vault should now be a tree.

moneytree.jpg

Message 170 of 618 (996 Views)