Re: Plants reverting to dirt pile after fertilizing

by thefailedbeta

Original Post

★★★★ Pro

I just experienced this and saw about half my unsheltered garden become dirt piles!

• Which packs do you own ? All but Bust the Dust and Courtyard Oasis
  • Which plants are affected ? Please list them all: Note I used cheats to restore them to a mature stage so they are no longer dirt piles, but these are the ones I think were affected: lemon trees, cherry trees, pear trees, avocado tree, sage bushes, blackberry bushes, basil bushes, parsley plants. There were possibly more but those are ones I know for sure as they were located in the area of the garden that became dirt piles.
  • Does it happen after fertilizing or what's the trigger for you ? It happened at 5 am, just as plants were supposed to produce harvestables.
  • Were those new plants or plants planted before the patch ? This was a new save that I started after installing Cottage Living, but before this week's (July 27) update.
  • If you have Seasons: Are the plants sheltered/inside ? No
  • If you have Seasons: Are the plants in Season ? Most were in season, the pear tree wasn't
  • Are you using mods/cc ? Yes, some MCCC modules
  • What's your game Version ? PC: 1.77.146.1030
  • What lot type are you playing on ? Tiny Home Residential 
  • If you own ECO, does it happen when the footprint changes ? If not, what's your current footprint ? I have eco impact off, but regardless the game said the eco footprint was neutral.
  • Are you getting any LastException files in your doc folder when the revert happens ? I have some, but none from the time this happened.
  • Are you using a bee box ? No
  • Does the lot have any lot traits ? Yes, Homey, Great Soil & Good Schools (Lot Challenges: Off the Grid, Reduce and Recyle & Simple Living)
  • What kind of fertilizer have you been using ? Does it happen to plants that have never been fertilized ? I've just been using plants as fertilizer, but I had a big garden so not sure if any of these plants had been fertilized, if so, only a few of the ones that became dirt piles were fertilized. 

Best regards,
Jennifer

Message 151 of 618 (963 Views)

★★★ Guide

I finally got a video of it. Of course it's taken with the in game camera so the quality isn't that good. This one is occurring almost every day at 7 am.  Predictable enough that I could catch it on video at any rate. 

Message 152 of 618 (908 Views)

★★ Guide

I'm still having this problem on both old and new saves. 4 of my sheltered strawberry plants and 5 of my sheltered snapdragons just reset immediately after reaching the mature, blossoming stage.

Message 153 of 618 (881 Views)

Re: Wet Soil instead of Nice Plants.

★★★ Apprentice

Saw this just now 🥺🥺🥺🥺

Thank you so much, if I get REALLY frustrated (which might happen really soon), i'll use this cheat 😉

Message 154 of 618 (834 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

Here's my latest buggy buggy save for plants reverting. (I hope I got the right one.)  Plants that have reverted need to be regrown. Plants only revert when mature or harvestable. Plants revert for me every morning at 7am. Fast forwarding through 7am sometimes skips over whatever bug causes them to disappear. (it's the only way I've been able to salvage some of the gameplay.)  In this instance every single plant reverted. Uncovered plants don't seem to revert as much, Oversized crops don't seem to have the problem at all.  I try to stick to a schedule, up at 4am, bathroom, shower, eat, tend garden, harvest some things, go to town to sell anything at the store, go home, upgrade stuff, go to bed, evolve plants while sim sleeps.. repeat.  

This was a rags to riches play through so the sim has moved twice. Started in town, moved to a small lot, moved to the biggest lot. Moving seems to create bugs that don't appear on first lots.

I own all packs and have all gameplay pack options turned on except I choose to start opted out of fame. But weather, dust, etc. is all on. 

Message 155 of 618 (768 Views)

★★ Guide

I wonder if having no children or teens in the world solves this, meaning no world/neighborhood notifications for school starting an hour later, which comes at the same time as plants reset - 7am. 

Message 156 of 618 (686 Views)

★★★★ Novice
  • Which packs do you own ? Get Famous, Seasons, Cats & Dogs, Get Together, Get To Work, City Living, Realm of Magic, Jungle Adventure, Parenthood, Dine Out, Outdoor Retreat, Vampires
  • Which plants are affected ? It's happened to every single one of them.  
  • Does it happen after fertilizing or what's the trigger for you ?  Never been fertilized.  Trigger seems to be time of day.  I.e. it happens when the state changes (moisture, insects, weeds) should happen.  Instead of getting weeds, I get reset to growth stage "planted"  Travel may also be a trigger, but I've watched them disappear at time weeds would normally appear.
  • Were those new plants or plants planted before the patch ? It's happened in every game I've started for the last 18 months.
  • If you have Seasons: Are the plants sheltered/inside ?  Both sheltered and unsheltered in season plants.  I've had my spinach reset twice in one winter.
  • If you have Seasons: Are the plants in Season ? Yes
  • Are you using mods/cc ? Have used but doesn't seem to matter.
  • What's your game Version ? 1.77.146.1030
  • What lot type are you playing on ? Residential 64x64 in Windeburg
  • If you own ECO, does it happen when the footprint changes ? If not, what's your current footprint ? don't own eco
  • Are you getting any LastException files in your doc folder when the revert happens ? no
  • Are you using a bee box ? no
  • Does the lot have any lot traits ? yes
  • What kind of fertilizer have you been using ? Does it happen to plants that have never been fertilized ? no fertilizer
Message 157 of 618 (675 Views)

Plant randomly changing growth stages

★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Xbox Series X
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.45.2.2300
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Expansion pack: eco lifestyle, discover university, island living, get famous, seasons, cats and dogs, city living, get together, get to work Game pack: dream home decorator, realm of magic, strangerville, jungle adventure, parenthood, vampires, dine out, spa day, outdoor retreat Stuff packs: moschino, laundry day, toddler, fitness, vintage glamour, romantic garden, spooky, cool kitchen, perfect patio, luxury party
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Grow plants, turn camera away or travel back and from a different lot and plants will suddenly turn into planted stage or sprouted stage
What happens when the bug occurs? My plants turn into planted stage at random intervals despite being in season. This mostly happens in the mornings when they are blossoming. As soon as my game camera is not showing them when I look back they are at the planted stage or sprouting. Even my fully grown cowplants reverted into sprouting stage. The weeds on the dirt piles will still show up and I’m still able to feed my cowplant despite reverting back to sprouting stage This also happens some of the time after travelling to a different lot then returning to my home lot
What do you expect to see? I expect my plant to grow a the normal set rate and not change growth stages when they are not supposed too
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Google Drive Link:

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/17sFrto0zrgDvNLeJLfs5QQCFtvRwdtc3?usp=sharin

The first two of pictures are of my plants in season, in sprouted or planted stage showing after the bug occurred. The other is my sim feeding the cowplant despite reverting into sprouted stage. 

Message 158 of 618 (728 Views)

Re: Plant randomly changing growth stages

★★ Guide
@JennyOTheWoods The same also happened to me recently but I'm on PC. I'm not too familiar with console for Sims. I haven't played on that since S3. Are you able to use cheats at all via a keyboard usb? You can cheat your plants to be fully grown. I had to do that myself. It's the only workaround that I know of. Unfortunately, whatever produce the plants produced are gone. You'll have to wait for them to reproduce it all over again.
Message 159 of 618 (907 Views)

Re: Plant randomly changing growth stages

★★★★ Novice
I have tried testingcheats to change the growth stage. Unfortunately due the frequency the problem occurs and the amount of plants I have, makes it very tedious. It keeps happening almost every other sim day sometimes three days in a row. I only get 1 or 2 harvests before the bug occurs again.
Message 160 of 618 (891 Views)