Re: [OPEN] Plants reverting to dirt pile after fertilizing (Patch 1.76.81)

by shadedgrey63

Original Post

Re: When a child waters a plant it resets

★★★★★ Novice

I don't think it's only kids fault. I have plants turning into dirt piles on random occasions, especially around 7am, when they are not watered. And when someone waters them. They're just too sensitive. 

Message 91 of 618 (2,364 Views)

Hero
@Sunnybrit I merged your post with the master dirt pile issue.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 92 of 618 (2,356 Views)

★ Novice

Thanks that is very Interesting. I hadn’t noticed this before, it was at about 7 am. I am going to try it again when the new expansion pack comes out.

Message 93 of 618 (2,347 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

@LittleMsSamA) I have City Living. B) Lot traits are Child’s Play, Great Soil, and Study Spot. My plants revert around 5-7 am. Update: They revert at exactly 7am, for seemingly no reason for the second sim day in a row; the first day after loading the save since I last played - which was when I last posted in this thread. I rarely get harvests at this point, though my plants grow in the 5am hour. Today I was playing on July 20th's patch.

Message 94 of 618 (2,295 Views)

★★★★ Expert

This is still an issue after 1.77.131

Message 95 of 618 (2,208 Views)

[OPEN] Garden reverts to dirt piles after travel

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.77.131.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Everything except bust the dust and Courtyard Oasis
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? have an established garden then travel somewhere else and back
What happens when the bug occurs? Every time my sim travels, when she returns home the entire garden has reset to dirt piles EXCEPT the oversized crops. Even the ones in the vertical gardens have reset
What do you expect to see? I expect the garden to be as it was before travelling
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. After installing Cottage Living *I did have the bug where plants reverted to dirt piles after fertilizing but that has not happened since the last update*

I tried to find a threat that was specific to travelling. The only 1 I saw was from Dec 2019 so I created a new one.

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title

Message 96 of 618 (3,875 Views)

Re: Garden reverts to dirt piles after travel

Hero
@Vuneca Do you have a before save ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 97 of 618 (3,858 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

I do not but I just created another new safe file. Once I have an established garden I will create a before and after save

Message 98 of 618 (3,855 Views)

Hero
@Vuneca There is a known issue if you're not on the lot when the seasons change but that's only for sheltered plants so I don't think that's it.

There's also this more general one: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-SAVES-Plants-reverting-to-dirt-pile-Patch-1-76-81/td-p/1... but that doesn't always involve travelling.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 99 of 618 (3,848 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

I have yet to change seasons in the game and they don't have a problem when I use fertilizer. I will try the recommended work arounds, thanks!

Message 100 of 618 (3,822 Views)