Re: Plants reverting to dirt pile after fertilizing

by crinrict

Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] Plants reverting to dirt pile (Patch 1.76.81)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.76.81.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Get To Work, Outdoor Retreat
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Fertilize plants; any of them.
What happens when the bug occurs? Every plant my sim fertilizes, reverts back to a plant recently planted.
What do you expect to see? The plants not disappear and revert back to recently planted.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. It started happening after the recent patch/update.

I have spent a lot of time on this garden and now everything is gone

Edit By Crinrict: Adjusted title

Message 1 of 618 (44,659 Views)

Accepted Solution

Hero

Garden plants now should remain as plants instead of sometimes crumbling into piles of dirt. Be strong and live your best life, garden buds!

Fixed in Patch 1.101.290/1.81

Please be aware that there are many reasons for plants turning into dirt piles. It's possible that not all causes are fixed. If you still see this, please make a new thread with as many details as possible on what you did.

This specific cause is still open: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/S-Plant-reverts-to-dirt-pile-if-Sim-is-on-a-different-lot-when...

There's also feedback needed for these two issues

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-Money-Trees-reset-to-dirt-piles/td-p/11668229/jump-to/fir...

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-Plants-don-t-grow/td-p/9614616/jump-to/first-unread-messa...

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 618 of 618 (5,614 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
Hero

Individual Threads

There's a separate thread now for a specific issues that does seem different from the others in there.

Please use the linked thread for the following scenarios

Questions

For everyone with this issue, please don't just click me too. There's more info needed

• Which packs do you own ?
  • Which plants are affected ? Please list them all
  • Does it happen after fertilizing or what's the trigger for you ?
  • Were those new plants or plants planted before the patch ?
  • If you have Seasons: Are the plants sheltered/inside ?
  • If you have Seasons: Are the plants in Season ?
  • Are you using mods/cc ?
  • What's your game Version ?
  • What lot type are you playing on ?
  • If you own ECO, does it happen when the footprint changes ? If not, what's your current footprint ?
  • Are you getting any LastException files in your doc folder when the revert happens ?
  • Are you using a bee box ?
  • Does the lot have any lot traits ?
  • What kind of fertilizer have you been using ? Does it happen to plants that have never been fertilized ?

Also please zip your save game and upload to google/one drive and PM the link to anyone from  EA Sims Team or myself

At this point please send me only saves if you can duplicate the issue on a backup. Meaning if you load a backup of the save from before it happens and play for a few days and it happens again reproducibly. Send me both saves.

We're getting a patch soon and I'm hoping there will be more gardening tweaks in it. For this reason I will hold up with further troubleshooting till after the patch (I don't have that much time to and I'm sure it will be extra busy so I don't know when I have time to circle back).

Thanks to everyone that helped troubleshooting and provided saves.

Workarounds

Everyone with reverted plants, please try this workaround: Place the plants in your household inventory, then put them in their box again. It doesn't work for all plants but does seem for some.

Another option is to use testingcheats and then shift-click on the plant and use set gardening state.

Please see this thread for more discussion/tips on how to deal with reverts about the issue: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/991364/plants-are-still-reverting

Other Gardening issues

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 618 (44,573 Views)

★ Apprentice

i own all the packs and kits, it was a clean/ new save file. No custom content or mods. Lot size didn't matter as i happens on all lots. For me it does not only happen when i fertilize the plants. It also happens when plants are being manually watered. I placed sprinklers or the eco planter that doesn't need watering and it still happens. i repaired my game on origin and delete cached files. Nothing helps. As previously stated I've been having this problem since installing the eco life style pack. All plants and trees does this. Money plant, seasonal plants, it doesnt matter. I reset them and also cheat them back to the blooming growth stage. they still disappeared. I don't get a last exception notice while this happens. i hope this helps

Message 3 of 618 (44,536 Views)

Hero
@OshiNic and you're all patched to 1.76 ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 4 of 618 (44,523 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I have been working on this garden for a month so I had the garden before the new patch/update. It is happening with every plant I have fertilized and now it is not giving me an option to water any of the plants. I have no mods or custom content installed into my game. 

Message 5 of 618 (44,503 Views)

Hero
@mandymiseryy If you try a new save for testing, does it happen too ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 618 (44,487 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@crinrict It happens to me too.. And I'm on a new save
Message 7 of 618 (44,475 Views)

Hero
@abirg13 Could you please answer all the question in the second post. Thank you.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 618 (44,467 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@crinrict I have all the packs, and have updated the game to the latest version. ALL plants are affected. When I first plant it, I can water it, but then it won’t give me an option to water it again, so the plant dies.. I can fertilize, but not water or harvest. There’s also no option to take away weeds, because there isn’t any..

It’s an new save, so it’s planted after the latest patch. Not using any mods/cc.

The plants are all in season.. So it’s quite frustrating.
Message 9 of 618 (44,420 Views)

★★★★ Guide

@abirg13 What you're describing sounds like a different issue, and unfortunately just another thing that breaks gardening. The issue you seem to be having is one where after tending to your garden, you won't be able to tend to it again unless (for whatever reason) you have your sim travel somewhere and then go back. Since you can't tend to the plants they will obviously die, and in my case they seemed to still look healthy even though they weren't. Not only does it seem to happen almost all the time after the initial watering, but even after that you may still have to travel away after every time that you tend to your garden.

It has nothing to do with packs, mods, or custom content because I too have that problem and I only have the base game and can't use mods since I play on Xbox. Luckily it's been a while since I've seen the issue where plants revert to dirt, then again I gave up on gardening after seeing that it's still broken.

Message 10 of 618 (44,395 Views)