Re: Plants look dead while being in season and functional since cottage living.

by Trehpike

Original Post

Re: Harvestable Plants are showing up black.

★★ Novice
@elisnmiami I wish this were the case. My plants are black in every season despite being completely functional. I miss my game looking pretty.
Message 51 of 76 (925 Views)

Re: Harvestable Plants are showing up black.

★★ Apprentice
Try to open a new game, but don't delete the one you're playing. Maybe in the new one you will have them normal.
Message 52 of 76 (867 Views)

★ Novice

Have you reloaded all expansion packs? Yes to Origin making it extremely difficult to removed single packs. I have recently reinstalled absolutely everything, and this is when my game made plants all winter-looking all year round. Not advancing in growth as fast either. I'm guessing it's Country Living screwing things up? I have also been losing found seeds from my Sim's inventory which is entirely too annoying - a cow plant seed from the Forbidden Glade and a dragon fruit I bought from hidden objects. This totally messed with the rags to riches thing I had going. In the end my question is, did you reinstall all packs and is Country Living or Loft stuff (since things worked prior to my purchase of these two) perhaps the culprit?

Message 53 of 76 (836 Views)

★★ Novice

I’ve tried different saves and the problem is the same in both. I’m pretty sure the problem is country living which is unfortunate. I’ve “repaired” all the packs in origin but might try the last ditch effort of uninstalling everything and reinstall.

Message 54 of 76 (822 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Hey I had this problem, and worked through it with a great person on here, we put our heads together and realised that ITS SEASONS.

We chose to leave country living, and my friend uninstalled it, same issue, it must be related to our hardware we play on perhaps not the latest tech

and so, without seasons, no problem, and that big update a few months ago changed everything.

this was the only work around.

we spent days on this.

good luck, its the best advice I have got.

Message 55 of 76 (799 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Plants look dead while being in season and functional

★★★ Novice

I noticed the same thing in my game. 

Message 56 of 76 (786 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

I found a way around most of the issues. #1> I updated my Graphics card driver on my PC, check your computer for the latest graphics card driver and update it. Seems to work against dead trees and plants "out there in the world" (strange but true on my PC) #2> I build a nice green house with every lot and use "hydroponics" planters for everything except trees which will not grow in a hydroponics unit. You may have to use debug search for the hydroponics? not sure. I use Tmex Better Build Buy mod. 3> start trees in the yard or open area of your lot then move them into your green house in a "Grow pot challenge" pot and keep them watered. Despite all of this the "live edit" or "Free" landscaping plants will die during inclement weather but grow back in spring and some plants in the green house will turn black but are still viable and productive. I just delete all the landscaping plants that are freebies when I purchase a lot. Makes more room for a green house. Most plants last me about 2 years of game play, a few will die after 2 years unless you have level 10 gardening and the plant lovers trait which helps maintain healthy plants. And of course, all plants listed spring/fall will be black during summer/winter etc. I am satisfied with these results since I have been able to reach into the millions just by growing plants. Best scenario, splice a snapdragon and dragon fruit plant, grow cowberries and sell them, big bucks. Grow a Money tree and splice it to Apple trees, lemon trees, etc. and then you get money tree berries and can sell them as well for big bucks. Or, you can plant about 50 money trees and just watch the clouds and stars roll by and harvest the money trees pretty much every day at 6 am year-round, they never die unless they get bugs or you don't water them. 10 perfect money trees is 330,000 simoleans each harvest. Plant 50 trees thats 1.65 million a day. Just splice a money tree with a perfect lemon tree, that never dies, get 5 to 10 money tree berries a day, plant them, a few days of that, poof, ten million in your pockets. You can do what ever your sim wants to do. I have one sim that is going for all careers and aspirations. I have skinny green houses, big green houses, tower green houses. Towers have 4 hydroponics per floor, 4 floors plus the roof for 16 plants times 5 levels. 80 plants. splice plants, I have tomato garlic onion plants (you get tomatoes, garlic and onions from one plant, etc. 

Message 57 of 76 (1,018 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

HI, 

You are a legend on this topic, glad to see you sharing your insights.

Message 58 of 76 (1,002 Views)

EA Staff

Hello All,

If anyone of you are still encountering this (without mods), would you be willing to share your save file(s)?

If so, please send me a private message with a link to the file.

Instructions here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Team/m-p/6065...

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 59 of 76 (939 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
@SimGuruRitzy I would , but It wont show the limitations I was facing, as I don't have any more problems because I uninstalled seasons for the game to work, and play it on a borrowed laptop now.
Message 60 of 76 (903 Views)