Re: Plants look dead while being in season and functional since cottage living.

by crinrict

Original Post

Highlighted

Hero
@LeCheffre Thanks for the info.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 11 of 76 (3,275 Views)

Non-Cottage Living plants all appear dead

★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.77.131.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All except Journey to Batuu
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Grow in-season or sheltered non Cottage Living plants (ex: basil, roses, carrots, etc.)
What happens when the bug occurs? All plants that are not from Cottage Living appear brown, leafless and dead (no green smoke) despite growing normally and producing produce as expected when in season or sheltered.
What do you expect to see? Plants appear green and healthy when in season or sheltered
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Installed Cottage Living

This happens in all worlds, in all seasons

Message 12 of 76 (3,206 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Installed Cottage living, now plants appear wilted and brown when they sprout. Cannot select water. Only option allowed is Uproot plant until it is ready to harvest. Get one harvest, maybe two, then it emits green vapors and only option is to dispose of dead plant. Removed all cheats. Same results. Unchecked allow cheats/scripts, Same results. REMOVED cheats/Mods folder removed, same results. Repaired game, same results. Uninstalled game entirely. Deleted all game folders Associated with Sims 4, Reinstalled entire collection, Same results. Plant a seed, plant comes up brown and wilted, can only water it at the initial planting. Turned off seasons, rain, snow, seasons, snowy retreat, Cheat free, Mod free. Game appears to have some sort of Blight on ALL plants, 100 percent except for mushrooms and garlic, mushrooms and garlic grow and are harvestable. Flowers-Dead, Vegetables-Dead, Fruit-Dead, Herbs-dead, Trees-dead. Plants have three phases. Seed, Dying and Dead. Starting to think that the game has a "Global Warming" virus to teach us how the end of true civilization is going to occur, or welcome to the Idiocracy. No fresh Water left-only Brawndo, it has Electrolytes, it's what plants crave. Sims 4 Dust Bowl. so much for the long awaited farming communities in Sims 4, now the death of the series for me. The game is no longer worth playing with this bug. 

Message 13 of 76 (3,106 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Solution. I did my own trouble shoot on this since every time someone listed this problem the result was 50 more questions to avoid answering it. 

Attempt one. Removed all mods, failed.

Attempt two. Removed all mods, repaired game, failed

Attempt three. Removed all mods, uninstalled entire game, reinstalled with no mods, failed

Attempt four and five. Repeated Attempt three twice in case I didn't remove something, Uninstalled, deleted all folders associated with Sims 4, failed

Attempt Six. Uninstalled entire game, uninstalled ORIGIN entirely, deleted all ORIGIN folders and files, searched computer for virus/corrupt files (None Found) Checked update of

Windows 10, complete update already. Reinstalled ORIGIN. Installed Sims 4 ONE PIECE at a time. I had to fight ORIGIN to control what got downloaded and installed first, who                       ever heard of installing dust kit and 17 other packs before installing the main game feature? Installed SIMS 4 FIRST then the rest, tested plant growth each and every time,                               sixteen hours later Complete success, Sims 4 is running like normal, Plant growth is normal. AHEM, ORIGIN REINSTALLED seems to have fixed it, currently reloading Mods,                           so far, no problems. 

I had uninstalled the game 3 separate times, making sure to remove all folders and files to no success. I uninstalled Origin and reinstalled Origin and then the game, one piece at a time, and haven't had a problem since.  Oh Yeah, I listed platform and computer specs, I forgot to list the answer you have asked every single person with the problem, I figure you should have caught it however. ENGLISH I am running it in ENGLISH. American ENGLISH. And my retractable cupholder still works.

Message 14 of 76 (3,075 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
@Trehpike Ah, too funny and sad all at once.
Message 15 of 76 (3,000 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Hi, Thanks for sharing your detailed response to the dead/winter plant problem.  I also have had this problem before cottage living.

I can build a beautiful lush oasis, and as soon as I add a sim, the lot, and the neighborhood look dark, wintered, dead. weird.

Take the sim out, go to main menu, return to lot, and all is well, just cannot add a sim, any sim.

Soooo, thanks to you, it will require a Origin re install,

as I also, have done the intial steps one does before we come to the soul crushing Complete uninstall re install ALL of it.

Thanks for taking the time to explain it all , 

your fellow Idiocracy inmate.

Message 16 of 76 (1,387 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
@sallybear11 I believe it did help, but it did not solve the problem. They moved my result of the Origin attempt to a different topic on the same subject. I ultimately did it all over again. I finally uninstalled everything and installed everything except the Seasons Expansion pack. I am now 36 sims days free of plants dying. Moved to https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Plants-keep-dying-for-no-reason-weed-bugs-every-day/m-p/106598...
Message 17 of 76 (1,365 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
@Trehpike thanks , im still having the issues after a big clean re install so i will check out your link.
Message 18 of 76 (1,349 Views)

★ Guide
@LeCheffre I don't think it has anything to do with Seasons or Cottage Living. I've GOT Seasons but it's uninstalled, and haven't gotten CL at all. Yet my plants look dead and in need of water constantly even though there's no 'water all' command available. They're not in or out of season because I HAVE no seasons, so it can't be related to that.
Message 19 of 76 (1,327 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
@TygerNight are all the plants in your worlds dead, are all the trees bare outside of the lot you are trying to play?
Message 20 of 76 (1,316 Views)