Original Post

Accepted Solution

[NEEDS SAVES] Plants are no longer producing harvestables

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.61.15.1220
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Get Together, City Living, Vintage Glamour
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have garden of plants that were grown to fruiting stage and observe the trees and their lack of fruit vs. the shrubs/flowers which produce new fruit every Sim morning (4am-6am)
What happens when the bug occurs? Trees do not produce fruit.
What do you expect to see? Fruits to grow on trees at the same time each morning.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. February 4, 2020

Edit By Crinrict: Adjusted Tag, adjusted title

Message 1 of 102 (22,962 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Most plants won't produce harvestables, research does not appear in notebook

EA Sims Team

Marked as Solution for Visibility. This is still an open issue.

Hello All,

We are looking for more saves.

If any of you are still encountering this on the latest game version (without mods), would you be willing to share your save file(s)?

If so, please send me a private message with a link to the file.

Instructions for sharing files with us are here: http://x.ea.com/74420

Thanks!

View in thread

Message 102 of 102 (772 Views)

All Replies

Re: [TO TEST] Trees are no longer producing fruit

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

@UneSimmerYes, I'm having the same problem. I'm able to water, fertilize and even evolve the trees but they are not fruiting when in season anymore since the patch. I've played for 3-4 Sim days (about 84 hours) and nothing. Other in season plants that give vegetables and herbs, and flowers, are producing as expected each day.

I also do not play with any CC or mods.

Message 2 of 102 (22,872 Views)

Re: [TO TEST] Trees are no longer producing fruit

Hero
@kimberlyaz1992 @UneSimmer

Asked around a bit as I currently don't have time to test myself and it seems to work fine for other people. Also think there would be more reports on this if it was a general issue.

Can you test if you have the same issue on newly planted plant ? Is it all plants or only certain ones ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 102 (22,846 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Trees are no longer producing fruit

Hero
@UneSimmer @kimberlyaz1992 Do you guys still have issues with this ?

Any particular neighborhood ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 102 (22,781 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Same problem. I am on the 64X64 island lot in Windenburg and the trees on my lot as well as the ones around the island will not grow fruit. I am 10 days on my money tree and nothing. Plants seem to work but not trees.

Edit:

Update.... I used testing cheats to shift click and edit the state of the tree. STILL no fruit.

Update to the update. Re-installation of the game. Still no fruit. I should note that I am on a PC not a Mac like OP.

3rd Update: Moved to Large Sulani lot and no change. Also... I noticed the pineapple in Sulani doesn't produce fruit either.

(Thanks Atic for letting me know I could edit these)

Message 5 of 102 (22,618 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

I haven't previously had this issue but since the last update I have.  I did the same tests Maxwell did, was this ever solved? 

Message 6 of 102 (22,360 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Trees are no longer producing fruit

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

I have no harvest option on any of my items I plant; flowers, fruits, vegetables, herbs, catnips, magical plants, They don’t even produce any harvestables. This is on 3 different lots in 3 different town, with 4 different sims. The plants eventually die. I can initially water them and I can fertilize them repeatedly. They never get weeds or need to be watered again. They all look beautiful then are dead. This has been since the update. One of my sims is a level 10 gardener and all 4 sims have different aspirations and careers. I can harvest wild plants.

Playing on PS4. I never use any cheats. Obviously I have no CC. 

Message 7 of 102 (22,086 Views)

EA Sims Team

Sul Sul everyone! 

Our team is currently investigating this issue and we were wondering if your plants produce fruits once your Sim travels to a different lot and returns?
Another player called this out in a separate report here:
https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Plants-not-harvestable-without-leaving-lot/m-p/10057256)

@gemaolao would you mind giving that a try and let us know?

Thanks so much and Happy Simming! 

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 8 of 102 (22,037 Views)

★★ Novice

Hi!

I play on Ps4 and thave ried this right now.

None of my plants were producing or had any weeds or problems, they stayed like that for a whole sim week.

I tried going somewhere else and as soon as I came back to the lot all plants had weeds and needed care. After that, at 5:00am, all plants produced.

Despite that, plants from special locations don't seem to work properly. Only flowers would produce at those, at least in my game.

Message 9 of 102 (22,015 Views)

★★ Novice

I don’t know if that will work because I did something else. I saved and went back to playing another household in the same save and the gardens were producing again when I came back to this household. Then I moved the characters from the other two households that weren’t working into the main household after they were working again. I moved them with keeping all the household items and then placed all the plants from those into the main household and they were all producing again and the dead ones were no longer dead.

Hope that all makes sense!

Message 10 of 102 (21,946 Views)