Re: [NEEDS SAVES] Plants are no longer producing harvestables

by Lozzy4992

Original Post

★★ Novice

Doesn't work with any of mine no matter what I do Frown it's a shame because I used to love gardening

Message 31 of 103 (2,057 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Trees are no longer producing fruit

★★★ Newbie
@crinrict
Same issue, im on ps4 . Happened with a few worlds. I get to water and plant but it no flowers, herbs, trees ect gave an option for harvest I might have tried 10 days n nothing then they just go rotten then I need to expose of them
Message 32 of 103 (2,043 Views)

★★ Novice

Just played today and it's a real bummer.

Message 33 of 103 (1,984 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Trees are no longer producing fruit

★ Guide
@AzuriaPlays This is the issue I've been having, and it's been happening for ages now. It seems to have no rhyme or reason to it, some plants just randomly regress into a soil patch. I've long since given up the notion of any plant remaining grown and fruitful.
Message 34 of 103 (1,956 Views)

★ Apprentice
@UneSimmer I'm having this issue too and literally nothing has fixed it, EA's tech support just keeps regurgitating the same troubleshooting techniques that don't do anything
Message 35 of 103 (1,936 Views)

★★★★ Expert

I have this, too, but have been able to bludgeon them into submission.

If you have dirt piles and shouldn't, turn on testing cheats, then shift-click the plant and set gardening state to blossoming.

If you have lush beautiful in-season plants that won't produce any harvestables, go to manage worlds, then reload the lot from there. When I do this, the next day at 5am I get my harvestables.

Message 36 of 103 (1,883 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Yes, reloading your lot fixes it... mostly, but this is very frustrating because I have to rebuild and upgrade my rocket every time I need to do this. Since I am playing through Steam, a lot of times I find that using the repair game option in Origin fixes it after Steam reloads the game, but not all the time. You also CAN load new plants from the gallery, but this is tedious and annoying. This has been going on for months. I have no mods, I have tried playing with no cheats, but this still happens randomly for why? Who knows. 

Message 37 of 103 (1,843 Views)

★★★ Novice

Having this issue with plants on the home lot, and with wild plants also not producing harvestables. Have reinstalled game, and nothing appears to fix it other than reloading the lot - which in itself is a step that shouldn't be necessary. 

Message 38 of 103 (1,748 Views)

★ Novice

My plants, as of the last update, will allow me to plant them, and then water them once. After that, they grow for a few days and die. No interactions are possible once they have been planted and watered once. No harvestable appear. 

Message 39 of 103 (1,675 Views)

Plants not producing Harvestables

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.72.28.1230
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Plant harvestable items and wait until a day or two later when it should be harvested.
What happens when the bug occurs? I will plant seeds, the plant will grow, but will not produce fruit. I'm not able to harvest. Then, the plant will die. My Sim is taking care of the plants, I'm checking based on the season, and I've tried in garden pots and just on the ground.
What do you expect to see? I expect to see fruit/vegetables/harvestables.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

The photo shows the plants after multiple days. They just stay in this level until they die.

Message 40 of 103 (1,576 Views)