[NEEDS SAVES] Plants always die before even blooming

by Taaya

Original Post

Re: Plants are infested with bugs and weeds and all die.

★★★ Apprentice

I don't know what mod you are talking about. I have uninstalled the entire game, all mods, reinstalled Sims 4 and JUST the seasons pack and it begins, plants die. They sprout wilted. Plant, water, wilted sprout, green vapor, dead, uproot plant. THE ONLY thing installed is Sims 4 and Seasons. I have even uninstalled all of Origins, deleted all folders and files for Origins and Sims 4, scanned for virus's. reinstalled Sims 4 and seasons. Plants die. My most recent attempt is a complete uninstall of sims 4 reinstall of all sims game packs, expansions, kits, etc. EXCEPT for SEASONS. Without Seasons I am now on my 4th real time day of playing with no problems. I have installed ALL my Cheats and Mods and CC. I have all plants (not Alien) growing in a lot in Willow creek. I have Chickens, Gold Chickens, Rabbit burrows, Bird Stumps. Harvesting every morning at 6 am (Sims Time) and have harvested 35 harvests. Spliced Dragon Fruit and Snap Dragons for Cow Berries. I have a family of 4 (including one Robot) live in Butler, live in Maid. I have done this same thing twice now. Everything is perfectly fine until I install the Seasons Expansion Pack at which time the plants begin to die. An entire lot of plants will be dead in 2 days. Some have weeds, some have bugs but the majority have no indication of imminent death. I cannot water them. They Dry out and die. With Mods, without mods doesn't matter. Add the Seasons Expansion pack. Dead. As stated in my other posts. I spoke too soon once. I thought it was working, then installed Seasons. Dead. It is strange that everything was perfectly fine and I played with Cottage Living for a week. Learned all the New stuff, won and lost the Bag-ends Fair a few times, did all the deeds to help all the townies. Then used my scientist career satellite dish on my Cottage, detected for Aliens. Discovered 3 out of 5 NPCs in the Cottage living pack were Aliens in disguise, NOT the "Townies" but the other citizens in the town. I got a laugh out of that. Went about my time exploring the Brambles. Saw trees and plants in the brambles were dying. The only plants living in 2 days were Mushrooms and Garlic. Wild Blue Bells, gone, Wild "any things" were gone except for Mushrooms and Garlic (in Forgotten Hollow) beside the empty lot. The plants in Sylvan Glade stopped growing and failed to ever mature. Same in the Magic Realm, there were wild plants, but they failed to mature. I uninstalled a 18 generation game due to all this. So I ask again. What Mod is responsible? I have heard "Mod Related" yet no one will name this supposed responsible Mod? Sounds like a Government cover up to me... "There Ain't no space men in space. It all just swamp gas and weather balloons. Camera Trickery. Photo Shopped." Or in the words of Charles Dickens Immortal Classic, " may be an undigested bit of beef, a blot of mustard, a crumb of cheese, a fragment of underdone potato. There's more of gravy than of grave about this, whatever this is!"

NAME THE MOD! Just the blurry video of a ghost is not proof of a ghost, Just a shaky camera man. They say sasquatch likes beef jerky, proof it exists? Or just clever camera tricks and blurry images of a guy named "bubba" in a Gilley suit with really big feet cut from plywood. 

FACT: I am running the game for several days real time with over 2500 mods, everything installed except Seasons Expansion pack. My name is not Bubba, and I don't own a Gilley Suit. And welcome to view the picture Sims Day 36 Plants not Dead. 

Name this Mod that is responsible-yet?

Message 71 of 125 (1,278 Views)

Re: Plants are infested with bugs and weeds and all die.

★★★ Apprentice

Here are a few pictures for you. One is I relocated the lot to Brindleton bay 64x64 lot to have more space. I played for 2 days (sims time) to arrange plants and establish the SAME family in the lot in Brindleton bay. Same Family, moved them to the lot to keep all their skills and traits. Played for 2 days. No problems all Mods and CC installed. No problems. Without Seasons. The next two pictures show the same lot the same day immediately after installing Seasons. I expected the plants that aren't "spring" plants to revert to dirt mounds since they are out of season. However, the plants that are above ground, sprouted and IN SEASON (Spring) are wilted, cannot be watered, cannot be harvested. Options are Tend Garden which returns the message no plants require tending, uproot plant, talk to plant, take cutting, fertilize, research. No weeds, No bugs, just dying plants. The butler seems to have been able to water a few trees but their health did not improve. The only plants thriving are Mushrooms and Garlic, as I have said before. I get the same results without any mods or CC. As long as I do NOT install seasons at all I have plants. If I install seasons The plants die. Yes, I have disabled Seasons features in the game menu, NO, it doesn't help. NOW I will uninstall the entire game again. Reinstall everything as before. Copy my old files back in and go back to playing day 38, relocated to Brindleton Bay 64x64 lot.  For me this all started about a week after I installed Cottage Living. I didn't have any issues with my game for 18 months of continuous play. I played two lots in Cottage living and was having the best time of gaming with the new features added. I started a third lot. Brought my retired scientist from the Windenburg world to try her luck farming, brought her satellite dish and put it on the cottage for exceptional tv reception, tested the dish functions, scanned for Aliens, discovered Aliens throughout the Bramblewoods. Then everything went bad. Plants began to die, tried green houses, indoor plants, nothing helped. They all died on ALL lots I had established in Cottage Living and all my other lots throughout the game. Plants every where in the game began to die or disappear or just never mature. The only "wild" plants I could find were mushrooms and Garlic and some wilted Lemon Trees that gave a limited harvest. I repeat, I get the exact same effects with or without Mods/CC With or Without ANY/ALL game options on or off. I have done this test 10 times, this will be the 11th time since this one includes relocating to Brindleton Bay 64x64 lot. 

Message 72 of 125 (1,393 Views)

Re: Plants keep dying for no reason

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

Wow, great update on your issues, and they are identical to mine, down to the blue bells are left amongst a vast sea of dead brown.

Thanks for sharing again,

I uninstalled all of it, began with origin,  removed mods , did a complete  system clean,  then folders i could find, caches etc , re booted once I was sure I had erased all traces of origin and sims 4.

then a clean install  Origin, and hours of all games being freshly installed, did not add my wonderful mod collection just incase,and still no workie....Me Beat Chest at Sims...then got sad, ate biscuits and several cups of tea....wished I hated sims .....did the dishes and did some grown up Admin...and heard the inevitable call of sims....".come fix me for the millionth time..come I promise to work this time"..said game.....

and I returned....predictably......

I will just uninstall seasons and see if i can get it to work, note (including a re read of your process and additional notes before i begin)

fingers crossed that it all finally works, I wonder how many other people are having this dead plant issue?

Update" Nooo....Ignorance was ripped from me...painfully so, I just discovered what you already knew...I have to uninstall ALL of it again in order to sever the offending Seasons Expansion...OMG....why are they so mean....Why am I still fighting with sims after all these years.....dammit....(time for biscuits,tea and a re group...perhaps another existential crisis ??)

A high five and a silly wave to you with thanks.

Message 73 of 125 (1,381 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

I'm trying to remember what all I did to fix my problem. I didn't need to uninstall seasons, and it seemed to happen most during heat waves. I know I turned off weather effect on Sims, as well as turning thunderstorms and snowstorms to just rain and snow. I have the max number of days for the seasons, so I've only played Spring and Summer. For the plants, I never uprooted them. I just let them replant themselves. I do have a few that seem to randomly turn back into dirt piles, but they don't actually die that I've seen. Maybe I'm just lucky and the bug fixed itself.

I also don't fertile often, but I let the beehive take care of that, aside from my death flowers that I need to get rid of two Sims who made me mad by blocking my oven during a dinner party and cost me my gold.

I also don't let sims without green thumb touch my garden. They seemed to die easier that way as well.

(CM: Multiple posts merged. Check out this post for tips on how to edit and add more to a post.)

Message 74 of 125 (1,356 Views)

Re: Plants die after patch/Cottage Living

★★★★★ Novice

This is also my experience, & I can confirm gardening is still completely broken like this with Cottage Living installed.

Message 75 of 125 (1,450 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
@EwoDarkWolf thanks, but it sounds different, my whole world i want to "actively play" in the trees are bare and all plants are brown. if im building everything is green and normal, it happens at loading a lot to "play".
Message 76 of 125 (1,320 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
@sallybear11 Since you are getting proficient at uninstalling and reinstalling, try this one. Don't uninstall Origins, I don't think that does any good now. I am glad you tried it though, that helped me out with a shared trial of that thought. BUT uninstall ALL the sims, Reinstall-make sure you stop it from installing Seasons just as soon as you can, mine finally gives me the option to select what to install, which it didn't used to, I think THAT was fixed when I reinstalled Origins. BUT Don't install Seasons and DON"T install the "legacy Sims 4" version-if you have a 64 bit computer you may not need that version installed. (Notice whether you have a "Sims 4 Digital" AND a "Sims 4 Legacy") Legacy is in case your computer isn't "up to" running the 64 bit version. If you can run it without legacy, that is one thing I did and that is what I found out I did on my game that is working good again. With ALL mods, CC etc.
Message 77 of 125 (1,311 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

oooow, my old aluminium rocket of a pc can barely run the sims 4 with legacy, I cant imagine the old girl ticking over as the specs from my system date back to the Jurassic era.

I will however, do the whole uninstall of games and not install seasons and see what happens, but im pretty sure unless i want to fork out for a new system then im stuck with legacy.

I was so hoping we might hear from more folks with withered leafless and brown flora...

Thanks for your input so far, I will keep you updated.

Message 78 of 125 (1,298 Views)

Re: Plants always die before even blooming

★★★ Novice
@Taaya Do you mind sharing which mod fixes the issue? Thanks :D
Message 79 of 125 (1,411 Views)

plants keeps dying and weed, bugs infestation everyday

★ Apprentice

hi there everyone, I am new to these forum but i have played the sims 4 for over a year now. i would like to ask you some help if you dont mind, for some reason, after the cottage living update, my plants got weeds and bus infestations everyday and worse. every time i tried to get rid of them, it got back more.

i have tried remove each mod and diagnostic but havent found the culprit and also repair the game through origin after each time. can some body help me please?

thank you.

Message 80 of 125 (1,277 Views)