[NEEDS SAVES] Plants always die before even blooming

by Taaya

Original Post

Re: Gardening bug, plants keep dying

★ Novice

I am also having problems with my plants, with some of the above mentioned problems but I want to add that there are bugs on my plants every morning and I have to spray for bug, sometimes twice in one day and they are killing my plants. I like to use the hydroponic planters. When I spawn a saved build with these in them, there are no plants. I removed all my mods and cc and was still having problems. Maybe EA are fixing all the bugs, but now I know where they all went, onto my plants-very funny EA! Wink

Message 31 of 125 (2,351 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Thank God I'm not the only one having this issue. I thought I had some long lost mod in my game and I was looking everywhere for nothing. 

Message 32 of 125 (2,338 Views)

★ Guide

I'm having the same exact problem ever since installing Cottage Living - I can water/weed/spray plants at 4am and by 6am every single one will spawn weeds and bugs and need watering. It's to the point where even if I have two Sims working all day on the garden, most plants end up dying within an in-game day or two. It's made gardening all but impossible. :/

Message 33 of 125 (2,309 Views)

Plants have weed/bugs every day

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? EP07.148
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All except Dream deco, Cottage and the Kits
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Try planting things and see wha happens.
What happens when the bug occurs? Plants keep dying every day and covered in bugs and plants die even if they are perfect and needs weeding every day too. It's very random and has been happening after last 2 updates but now is much worse
What do you expect to see? I dont except plants dying and stuff as if they have never been watered in such a short space of time
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Random plants keep dying every day and are covered in bugs and plants die even if they are perfect and they need major weeding every day too. It's very random and has been happening after last 2 updates but now is much worse

It's usually worse than in the pic

Edit By Crinrict: Adjusted title

Message 34 of 125 (2,774 Views)

Re: Plants keep dying for no reason

Hero
@tc145 Did you test this without mods installed ? There's several threads on plant issues but getting bugs/weeds every day could also be a mod issue.

Please test on a save without any mods/cc and make sure to delete the localthumbcache file.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 35 of 125 (2,756 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

I am absolutely having this problem.

I've tried plants indoors, outdoors, in dirt plots and garden plots and directly on the ground. I've tied perfect quality plants, I tried downloading plants from the gallery (from recent and from 2019 uploads). I've tried shift+click cheating their growth state and quality and evolution 'on track' and moisture state and reset debug and aaaall that stuff. I've had patchy, the bees, the rabbits, the birds, the chickens, the 'great soil' lot trait and a hired gardener all helping me out. I've tried fertalizer. I've tried changing the weather / season. Nothing helps for more than one plant cycle - and god help you if you reload the lot or the game.

I also heard that LittleMsSam's Automatic Gardening mod could help (because it has a feature that lowers the speed of decay factors; weeds, watering and bugs) but no, it hasn't helped.

At 6am all my plants (except those that came with cottage living) spawn weeds and bugs. And over the course of their existance in general their quality state begins to decay rapidly. They often die before being ready to harvest, or within the next day or two, and my sims spend all their free time dealing with endless bugs and weeds and watering.

This is... really frustrating, and runing my whole 'farm' gameplay attempt.

Despirately waiting on an EA patch or a mod for this problem.

Message 36 of 125 (2,227 Views)

★ Novice

Posting here to also add I've been having this issue! Some plants grow fine like Spinach and Tulip, but I grew Plantains, Potatoes, and Tomatoes and they all died before I even had the option to water or take care of them. I'm doing a challenge right now so it's become difficult to handle when I don't want my sim to become some famous painter!

Message 37 of 125 (2,205 Views)

★★★ Guide

As described on page 3, I also had the problem. I was so frustrated that I deleted the save (luckily it was just a test save), fixed the game through Origin, and started a new save. So far (14 Sims days) I have no further problems. However, I don't know what it looks like in my story game booth, I don't dare to load it.

Message 38 of 125 (2,183 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Okay. For me, disabling mods seems to have fixed it completely. Which is odd (and I hadn't tried it before) because at least two people in this thread list their mod status as 'Never Used' so I didn't think it could be a mods problem. I'm still not sure I do. I'll gonna keep messing with it and maybe 50/50 the mods and see what happens.
I also did try running a repair on the game but that didn't help me either.
It seems so weird how different people are reporting that it's affecting different kinds of plants. For me it's pretty much everything that isn't from Cottage Living (though I haven't tested literally every plant in the game).

Message 39 of 125 (2,147 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Okay I'm completely certain it's a problem caused by 'All Year Plants' by Scarlet / Robin. It's the only mod that causes this for me. Removing that mod fixes it. Having that mod in -- even having only that mod in -- causes the problem (fast weeds/bugs/watering/death). So that's problem solved for my game at least. I don't know what's happening for people who doesn't use mods, however. I suppose just clearing caches and repairing the game might be the thing to do there.

Message 40 of 125 (2,140 Views)