Re: [OPEN] Plants always die before even blooming

by SimGuruRitzy

Original Post

★★ Novice
@jessallie I had no luck with the No Fig Deal Mod. It doesn't work on my plants at all. I watched the entire YouTube tutorial, but no dice. I'm ready to just get rid of all my plants in frustration, because EA can't be bothered to fix a problem that has been around for months and should never have happened in the first place.
Message 111 of 125 (1,074 Views)

★ Guide

Sorry to hear that.  I noticed it works better on some lots than others for some reason.  I've often deleted the signs and put them back in and that seemed to work.  Also I made a mistake and put in the 1 X 1 size instead of the 2 X2 and it worked better after I exchanged them.  No matter what, it will not keep your plants from dying--just gets rid of weeds and bugs.  I still have to shift click and adjust the plant evolution to "on track" to get them to revive.  But it still is a pain. I refuse to get Cottage Living for this very reason even though I wanted it.

Message 112 of 125 (1,060 Views)

★ Guide

Maxis plants are hit and miss. The new plants work just fine with the mod, the previous plants seem to have the most problems. I can also tell you that many modders to include IceMumum have updated their plants and they work fine. My suggestion is to use her plants and Maxis new plants if you want to have a farm. In addition, Sirsly sim has mods where you can just buy the ingredients that you need. 

Message 113 of 125 (1,005 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Alright, I have solved the garden and plant problems, or at least have sorted them out.

Here we go, first if you have a plant that is bugged (actually) as in constantly having weeds and bugs. You need to get rid of the plant and plant a new one. However, you cannot use the produce from the afflicted plant. You must purchase new seeds or produce. If you use the produce of the afflicted plant the new plant will have the same issues.

When you plant a new plant, it should start over in its evolution at the normal state. If it is any state rather than normal than you have used produce from an existing plant.

Every morning at 6 a.m., the plants will have weeds and need to be watered. This is the way the game is coded. If you want to avoid this issue, you can with the Cottage Living pack by purchasing a garden plot. Only the plots will work. Anything planted in the ground or in planters will have weeds and need to be watered every morning at 6 a.m.

If you use the "No Fig Deal" mod it will work with most plants to prevent weeds, insects, and dryness, but it does not work with all.
I have tested out all these solutions and so am posting now. The most important thing is to get rid of badly bugged plants and replace them.

Message 114 of 125 (917 Views)

★ Guide

I'm happy for you that you found a solution to your problem.  I only wish it worked for me. After uprooting all my plants and replacing and replanting with fresh new fruits and vegetables from the store my plants are still continuing to die every day.  I'm extremely thankful for Ravasheen's mod but that only takes care of part of the problem.  Constant dead stinky plants. The only time I use plant evolution is when I have to bring my dead plants back to life with the shift click plant evolution "on track" and if it wasn't for that, I wouldn't have plants at all.  It's such a pain.

Message 115 of 125 (849 Views)

★ Guide

I am sorry that this did not work for you. As I said, I do have cottage living, and I have found that problem plants do not have issues when using the new plots that came with it. This is an example of what happens when "patches" add core features for a pack. Patches should only be used to fix problems, but developers now use patches as a way to keep the game versions constant. The plants were changed for cottage living, but not everyone has Cottage Living. 

Message 116 of 125 (805 Views)

[ Edited ]
EA Staff

Marked as Solution for Visibility. This is still an open issue.

Hello All,

If anyone of you are still encountering this (without mods), would you be willing to share your save file(s)?

If so, please send me a private message with a link to the file.

Instructions here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Team/m-p/6065...

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 117 of 125 (2,707 Views)

★ Apprentice

hi guys, i have some fantastic news that may help you need with weed - bug infestation problem: according to ImMendota, all the plants are fixed in with cottage living patches ( which means that they can only planted on ground patches ) and also that they are always dehydrated whenever 6 am in the game. when i first see that information, i tried to plant on ground patches but there are some plants which cannot be planted on and also that they need hydrated as well.

so i was thinking, what if i plant the plants i need on some thing that always hydrates the plants? then i realise there are hydroponic planters which hydrates plants permantly. to test my theory, i planted a little of amount of plants in case it doesnt work. surprisingly, my theory was correct, as soon as i planted on the planters, the plants always hydrated and no weed or bugs come up.

for some the plants i cant plant in the planters, i planted on the ground and moved it back to the planters. as i continue to plant, i realised that the method using hydroponic planters work with all kinds of plants ( except plant that over-sized crop ). i started to plant from day 11 of spring and now is day 15 of spring, the result is no weed or bugs at all.

i hope this wil help you guys. good luck!  

Message 118 of 125 (652 Views)

★ Guide

I also think I've found a solution (at least in my case). I've found you cannot plant any modded plants or seeds that you buy from mods.  In other words, no Srsly or Buy More, or Andriz, or LLamazon, etc.  You must only buy the seeds that come with the game or at the market stall and plant only them. I've found this works for me.  I had to go to every household and remove all their plants and start over planting with EA's seeds and produce. I rarely have a dead plant or bugs or weeds now.  It's worth a try.

Message 119 of 125 (576 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I've finally had luck with the No Fig Deal mod! No more dead plants, but...lately my trees don't bear any fruit! Is anyone else having this issue too? Other crops are fine, it's just trees. 

Message 120 of 125 (448 Views)