Re: Parents calling Teens at high school asking to visit.

by crinrict

Original Post

[NEEDS SAVES] Phone Calls from Household Members

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PlayStation 5
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Occasionally (10% - 49%)
What is your current game version number? 1.55.6.3400
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Everything
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have a household member away from the other household members.
What happens when the bug occurs? The household member gets a phone call from other household members asking them if they should have a baby or if they are going to visit.
What do you expect to see? No phone calls from household members
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Getting calls from household members when off lot with another household member. It's a little awkward. 

Mom, I'm not sure this is a question you should be asking your teenage child.

The Sims™ 4_20220224151044.jpg

Mom, you just died like an hour ago? What do you want from me?

The Sims™ 4_20220317103405.jpg

Mom, I'm just at the spice festival with Dad. I haven't left and I'm just a child!

The Sims™ 4_20220318160015.jpg

You are welcome I guess? I live here you know.

The Sims™ 4_20220318161402.jpg

Grandpa, I'm not sure you should take career advice from a toddler. (Not same household anymore but was)

The Sims™ 4_20220225134009.jpg

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title

Message 1 of 8 (1,932 Views)

Re: Phone Calls from Household Members

Community Manager (retired)

Could anyone encountering this issue possibly share a save file where you've seen it occur? You can DM me the link to your save, thanks so much!

Instructions for sharing your save: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Tea...

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 2 of 8 (1,716 Views)

Re: [NEEDS SAVES] Phone Calls from Household Members

★★★ Novice

Platform: PC
How often does the bug occur? Occasionally (10% - 49%)
What is your current game version number? I don't know how to check
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? everything but star wars, high school years, bathroom clutter, simtimates, everyday clutter, pastel pop, first fits, little campers, moonlight chic, decor to the max, carnaval streetwear, blooming rooms, modern menswear, incheon arrivals, industrial loft, fashion street
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have a household member away from the other household members.
What happens when the bug occurs? The household member gets a phone call from other household members asking them if they should have a baby or if they are going to visit.
What do you expect to see? No phone calls from household members
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? No
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Message 3 of 8 (1,371 Views)

Re: [NEEDS SAVES] Phone Calls from Household Members

Message 4 of 8 (1,370 Views)

Parents calling Teens at high school asking to visit.

★ Novice

Platform:PC
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? SP29:1.assets.ml-sp29.69
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Expansion Packs : All Game Packs : All Stuff Packs : All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Play with a household, with a teen attending high school and join them.
What happens when the bug occurs? I've had two separate instances. 1st being my teen sims mother called her while she was at school and asked if she thought the mother should try for another baby with her father. 2nd the mother called the teen sim again while she was at school asking to come visit, the same dialog box that pops up when a sim is away at college or moves out.
What do you expect to see? Expect the scenarios not to happen to family members living in the same house, even if one of them is away at high school or a job.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.

Message 5 of 8 (901 Views)

Re: Parents calling Teens at high school asking to visit.

Hero
@Manna_014 I merged your post with the existing thread on this. Could you please send your save game to SimsDirect as asked above.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 6 of 8 (870 Views)

Messages Implying My Sim Moved Out When They Still Live In the Same Household

★★★ Novice

Platform:Sony Playstation 4
How often does the bug occur? Rarely (0% - 9%)
What is your current game version number? SP21: 1.assets.live-sp21.101
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All packs except My Wedding Stories and Growing Together
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Not sure, it's only happened once
What happens when the bug occurs? My Sim (who is currently still a Teen) was hanging out with the Wildfangs in Moonwood Mill, and suddenly received a pop-up message from her mother (not a text or call, just a pop-up like the event messages from exploring the tunnels) asking when she was going to visit home, and sort of implying that the Teen had moved out and not been in touch in a while. My Teen still lives in the same household as her mother, and was only gone for about 18 hours as I was attempting to have her quickly join the Wildfangs pack in only a couple of days.
What do you expect to see? not see this message until my sim actually moves out, i guess?
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. I assume this has something to do with the new base game update that came with Growing Together's release, as I have never seen this message before in all my years of playing this game, and it occurred only a few days after I installed that update.

Not sure if this is relevant, but this is a relatively new save, I only just started this save two days ago, and this occurred less than one week into the game (in-game-time)

i apologise for the poor quality of the image. I play on a console and as such have to take photos of my screen with a low-quality phone camera. I just hope you can read the text in the image.20230604_011752.jpg

Message 7 of 8 (805 Views)

Re: Messages Implying My Sim Moved Out When They Still Live In the Same Househol

Hero
@NeoPolitanGames I merged your post with the existing thread on this.

Could you send your save game to EA as asked above.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 8 of 8 (783 Views)