by Lilacgarden24

Original Post

[NEEDS SAVES] [PSP] Bonehilda Living in my house

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.70.84.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? I have all packs
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? summon Bonehilda
What happens when the bug occurs? Bonehilda doesn't go away. she stays at the house, makes food but doesn't eat it or clean up. Sleeps in my bed, uses the bathroom. She has basically become a roommate that makes out with Guidry or Temperance.
What do you expect to see? Bonehilda does her duty then goes away until i want to summon her again.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I summoned Bonehilda, a week later in Sim life, she is still living at my house, making food, not cleaning up, making a mess, making out with Guidry, Temperance and guests (that's fairly amusing actually. I assume that has something to do with the "Free Love" neighborhood action that is current in my game). Basically she has become a roommate that my sim has to pick up after and walks in on her all the time. 

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title

Message 1 of 6 (1,548 Views)

Bonehilda and Guidry not Despawning

★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.71.86.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Everything. EPs, GPs, SPs, Kits, holiday pack, newsletter guitar, Sims 3 trophies, etc.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have a haunted house going (heroic and/or standard) and summon Bonehilda and wait for Guidry.
What happens when the bug occurs? Bonehilda and Guidry all show up when they are supposed to, but they do not despawn and start acting extra... Human? They are both fairly new so I do not know all the actions they are programmed to do, but I do not remember Bonehilda cooking to eat, showering, using the toilet, etc. before either the kits or the anniversary patch. She used to be summoned, clean a bit, and despawn after around 24 hours. Guidry, too, used to visit at night and disappear during the day. Now he has spent an entire 24 hours hogging a computer. Bonehilda does not even clean anymore, and I cannot get rid of them short of really moving.
What do you expect to see? I expect Bonehilda to appear, clean and assist with chores (maybe some mild comic mischief and flirting), and then disappear instead of moving in for the rest of her afterlife. I also expect some way to dismiss her, but that may have not been a feature before. I never wanted to dismiss her when she despawned properly. Plus she stops cleaning and starts having very basic Sim needs like hygiene, food, bladder, etc. Guidry has much the same problem. I expect him to show at night after the haunted house gets going (and he does) and then to despawn during the day. Which he does not. I also expect someway to dismiss him, but that too may not have been a feature before. I also expect for him to not hog a computer for 24 hours straight.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. It was either the latest anniversary patch or the kits. I am not sure which, but I doubt it could be the purely cosmetic kits. Maybe dust broke haunted houses? I kind of doubt it, but maybe.

I have been playing a family I made a little before Paranormal and used them for the majority of paranormal testing. They were in the same house when we got the anniversary patch and kits, so I did that testing there as well. It seemed to work well enough. Cleaning up the scorch marks from where the specters tried to burn their parents alive made the dust bunny I was trying to befriend disappear as the floor was suddenly pristine again. It was a zany mix, but things seemed to be working until I summoned Bonehilda. She cleaned the first little while (never touching one of the three new vacuums), but eventually just stopped. I remembered watching her sitting at the kotatsu constantly drinking vending machine soup and wondering when she was going to despawn. She had stopped cleaning a while back. Things were getting messy again (household of eight). However, she just sat there socializing and drinking cans of soup.

It got worse when Guidry spawned. The house was still in heroic mode at that point. His text intro was normal. He showed up. I asked him questions. However, he never despawned. He talked for a while, especially with Bonehilda (still on break), and then hogged a computer for an entire 24 hours. It was starting to get ridiculous and I wanted to try building a farmhouse with the new Country Kitchen Kit, and went and did that. I moved this family into there assuming it would fix the issues because they had been in the same house through two content drops and two updates. So I summoned Bonehilda for some help on this tiny, off the grid, haunted farmhouse. She did for a while, but she never despawned and started eating and showering and more. Now I cannnot get rid of her again, and Guidry is probably on his way.

Message 2 of 6 (1,446 Views)

Re: [PSP] Bonehilda Living in my house

Community Manager (retired)

@Lilacgarden24 Are you still having this issue? If so, could you possibly share a save file with me where you've seen it occur? You can DM me the link to your save, thanks so much!

Instructions for sending me your save: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Tea...

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 3 of 6 (1,425 Views)

Re: Bonehilda and Guidry not Despawning

Hero
@Bluebell23456 I merged your post into this since it's along the same lines.

Could you also send your save to Nick ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 6 (1,404 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Thank you. I just sent the save file link.

Message 5 of 6 (1,395 Views)

★★★★ Expert

I'm going to recommend my standard "middle school" solution that I use for unwanted NPCs that won't leave:

Invite Bonehilda to travel with you.  Go to the park, or another public lot.  Immediately return home alone.  I usually lock all the doors when I get home.

Message 6 of 6 (1,372 Views)