Re: [NEEDS SAVES] [PS4] Severe FPS loss (Lagging) when entering/exiting Build Mo

by storyfootprints

Original Post

Re: [NEEDS SAVES] [PS4] Severe FPS loss (Lagging) when entering/exiting Build Mo

★★★★ Novice

Have always had this problem across both PS4 and PS5, but since the latest update I've started to experience it without going into build/buy. At one point the crippling lag kicked in on a community lot at the end of a date event. Wouldn't resolve with anything other than a full game restart. 

Message 51 of 96 (5,404 Views)

Unplayable lag PS5

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I’ve had consistent lag for The Sims 4 for almost a year now on PS5. Was expecting better performance as EA stated at the time however, I’m experiencing lag that makes the game unplayable and goes down to what looks like a slideshow, and doesn’t go away on its own. I basically just stop playing the game completely as it’s broken. This happens in build and buy and live mode. 

this happens no matter the save, brand new or old. I really enjoy Sims on console but, this is unacceptable, especially with the price of the packs. Seems like a true next gen version that takes full advantage of the new consoles would be great. 

i don’t believe The Sims 4 is hard for the PS5 to run, but seems like memory leaks or another serious issue with the console version that has gone unaddressed as the audience on console is smaller and often unheard it seems.

Message 52 of 96 (5,353 Views)

Re: Unplayable lag PS5

★ Guide

Yeah, the lag on ps5 is a serious problem! Hopefully there's a fix at some point. 

Message 53 of 96 (5,324 Views)

Re: Ps4 Building Mode Extreme Lag

★★★ Newbie

Hello. This issue is stopping us playing the game at this point it happens every time the game is broken completely. Did you find a fix? 

Message 54 of 96 (5,266 Views)

Sims 4 is unplayable on Playstation 4

★★★ Newbie

Since I have launched my game today it constantly runs in 10 Frames ! The menu, The build mode and Live Mode everything runs in frames. It would have been absurd thinking that I wanted to buy my girlfriend all the expansion packs. The game is literally unplayable with no possible fix. I have tried everything from pushing the save data to cloud, reinstalling and updating ! Nothing works ! I know that you are focusing on optimizing the game prob for newer consoles but for us ps4 players this might be a huge waste of money !

Message 55 of 96 (5,247 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@PoptartJuniper I've experienced this for a while now, and it makes the game pretty much unplayable.
Message 56 of 96 (5,199 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I'm new to Sims4 on the PS4 and I have to say I am stunned that EA have put out something so buggy... this is not an obscure bug that is triggered by very unusual set of triggers, or an early release - the core (no expansion packs or mods) mature (latest patches) game is fundamentally flawed in becoming really laggy with just basic gameplay! @EA - have you given up trying to fix this? I think everyone should just return the game to the vendor as not fit for purpose.

Message 57 of 96 (5,186 Views)

★★★ Novice

This is just pathetic. I remember having this same exact issue when they made the game as PS Plus game and that was like 2 years ago wtf.

Message 58 of 96 (5,008 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

+1 Didn’t pay so much for this game and packs to find out it’s literally unplayable.

Message 59 of 96 (5,049 Views)

★★ Novice
@CaptClarkey Mate can’t believe it runs this bad on PS5 only downloaded the game today sorted my house out and BAM! Slideshow fps hit me hard
Message 60 of 96 (5,021 Views)