Lagging!!!

by unicornpaige16

Original Post

Re: [OPEN] [PS4] Severe FPS loss (Lagging) when entering/exiting Build Mode

Hero
@burin077 You can find the PC thread here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/CURRENT-ISSUE-PC-MAC-Massive-Lag-when-entering-and-exiting/td-...

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 41 of 96 (1,468 Views)

Re: [NEEDS SAVES] [PS4] Severe FPS loss (Lagging) when entering/exiting Build Mo

★★★ Newbie

just here to say, it’s December 2021 and i should’ve known well enough to google this, having played this game since OG on a 32gb hard drive PC. should’ve known better than to buy it on console during this christmas sale, especially since it won’t stop crashing on my PC. should’ve been less naive than to think base game should be manageable for this.

i’m up to date, and the issue persists.

i wish some other company had the rights to this game.

happy new year 2022, i’ll be here reading threads from 2017 about this same exact thing. 

Message 42 of 96 (1,329 Views)
Highlighted

Lagging!!!

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Rarely (0% - 9%)
What is your current game version number? 1.00
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? I’ve bought, vampires, magic realm, mermaid, spa, laundry, Halloween, seasons
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Everytime I go into build mode or freezes and lags repeatedly
What happens when the bug occurs? Lagging’s happens until I get out of build mode
What do you expect to see? Nothing I would just like to remodel my home
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I would just like feedback on why I can’t go into build mode I have deleted the game and I’m currently reinstalling I’m not sure if the at will help

Message 43 of 96 (1,342 Views)

Re: Lagging!!!

Hero (Retired)

@unicornpaige16 I've merged your post into the current bug report for this issue. Please click the "Me Too" button at the bottom of the first post on the first page of the thread.

Message 44 of 96 (1,265 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Just installed the latest patch (PS4) and this issue is - while listed as fixed - still not resolved.

Message 45 of 96 (1,191 Views)

★★ Novice

Definitely still happening. I just bought Cottage Living and have been playing hard for the last few days, have had to quit and start again multiple times because of this issue.

Sometimes pressing L3 for controls helps, but not all the time.

Message 46 of 96 (1,104 Views)

Re: [NEEDS SAVES] [PS4] Severe FPS loss (Lagging) when entering/exiting Build Mo

★★★ Newbie

I'm having this problem as well, as a PS4 player.

It should be some caching issue with the game, poorly developed. If EA doesn't prioritize this, it will never be fixed.

This is what I noticed:

Every time it lags - usually starting from the moment you enter Build Mode -, it will only get back to normal if you open a part of the game that hasn't been opened yet. For me, this is an example of what happened:

- Enter build mode (start lag)

- Get back to play mode (lag vanishes)

- Get back to play mode (lag continues)

- Press L3 to show controls

- Press L3 to hide controls (lag vanishes)

- Press L3 to show controls

- Press L3 to hide controls (lag continues)

- Press Options [Game Menu] (lag vanishes)

- Close Game Menu

- Get back to play mode (lag continues)

- Press Options [Game Menu] (lag continues)

- Select any option in Game Menu that leads to another screen (lag vanishes)

... and so on.

So, you get the point? Whenever you enter Build mode, frame rates drops, then you need to open a part of the game that has never been opened before.

Considering this might never be fixed (after 5 years now), maybe this is something you can try to still have fun with this game, or until The Sims 5 is released, hopefully without this issue.

Message 47 of 96 (953 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@SimGuruNick Greetings,

Since this is a general problem amongst lots of users - and it's hard to show a lagging problem in pictures/videos -, maybe just try a few steps?

I have written a step-by-step on how to reproduce this issue (on PS4) that might help:
https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-SAVES-PS4-Severe-FPS-loss-Lagging-when-entering-exiting/...

Let me know if you need more help on it.
Message 48 of 96 (945 Views)

★★★★ Guide

Still happening on Xbox One as well. I could understand if it was some sort of overload from having a lot of packs, but I just play the base game and it's still happening. It was the same when I played on PS4 as well, just the base game and still had this problem. Pretty pathetic that problems like this still exist.

Message 49 of 96 (934 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Pathetic indeed, for a game that costs 2 months minimum salary... one of the most expensive game ever created with all its dlc, and we cannot even play the base game, on every platform without this lag??????

Sims team what are you waiting for? why this is not a top priority??? it's been more than 2 years for God's sake.
But the fault is in players too.... they are not vocal at all, and just endure it by pressing the "..." menu button. which sometimes can fix it, sometimes not. This is un-acceptable, and people should be more vocal and stop buying packs, the only way we can push them to fix it. or just quit the sims 4 all together, and move all the team to sims 5, since sims 4 is a lost cause. 

Message 50 of 96 (883 Views)