Re: [OPEN] [PS4] Severe FPS loss (Lagging) when entering/exiting Build Mode

by SimGuruNick

Original Post

Sims 4

★ Novice

Hiya!

I downloaded the most recent patch this morning and ever since my game has been lagging like mad. It is consistently triggered by entering and leaving build mode and waiting does not fix it, I’m in game now after leaving build mode around 15 minutes ago and I can see it’s still lagging from the dancing L3 controls button in the top right corner. The only way I can fix it has been changing. First simply clicking start would fix the lag, then that didn’t work so I had to click start and then selecting one of the options in the menu would fix it, but one by one each option after one use to stop the lag stops doing that and the lag continues. This game is literally unplayable in this state, please fix this.

I play on PS4 with a lot of additional content and no mods active. If it’s a result of DLC I guess I’ll have to stop playing altogether.

Message 31 of 96 (1,528 Views)

Re: Sims 4

Champion

@gracea_x , hello, I am going to move this to the Sims 4 section so they can help you.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Message 32 of 96 (1,511 Views)

Re: Sims 4

Hero (Retired)

@gracea_x I've merged your post into the current bug report for this issue. Please click the "Me Too" button at the bottom of the first post on the first page of the thread.

Message 33 of 96 (1,486 Views)

★★ Novice

There is no me too option here for me... but me too ✋😪

Message 34 of 96 (1,450 Views)

Re: Game running slow on Build Mode -Sims 4 Ps4

★ Novice

I have a PS5 and this game flat out lags so hard.  Its lags randomly and the only way to temporarily fix it is to go in snd out of various pause menus.  I wish they could fix this so badly.

Message 35 of 96 (1,406 Views)

Re: Crazy long loading times and a lot of lag, groceries don't show up

★★★ Novice

I've been having similar issues myself, and I'm on ps4. Long loading times, and every time I change instances (go into or out of build mode, change lot, access CAS, etc.) It lags a lot, the only way I've found to fix the lag is to open the gallery, wait about a minute, then close the gallery. And I haven't received any of my grocery, food, or pizza orders either, which sucks since I'm doing the simple living lot challenge, which means my sims can't eat anything without traveling to buy it*. It has gotten to the point where I had to enable cheats to lock needs decay so they don't starve to death.

*I have noticed that if you let your sims autonomously cook, they'll often make food that they do not have ingredients for, which they then can eat, but I assume thats a bug that'll eventually get patched so I dont rely on it

Message 36 of 96 (1,384 Views)

Re: Crazy long loading times and a lot of lag, groceries don't show up

Hero (Retired)

@NeoPolitanGames I've merged your post into the current bug report for lag on exiting build mode issue. Please click the "Me Too" button at the bottom of the first post on the first page of the thread.

For the lack of deliveries, please check to see if this is what you are seeing in this thread https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-Deliveries-fail-on-Private-Dwelling-Lots/m-p/10535652#M19... if not, please open a new bug thread with more details about the deliveries.

Message 37 of 96 (1,313 Views)

Jerky Motion

★★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? Assets.live-ep01.247
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Cottage Living, Cats and Dogs, Get Famous,
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Play for 15-20 minutes. Try going to Build Mode and back.
What happens when the bug occurs? After playing for a while, all motion becomes jerky and laggy. It becomes unplayable. A full restart of the game clears it. I have no other games installed. I have a fast SSD drive. I have run the PlayStation Rebuild Database procedure to attempt to clear it, but this seems to have no impact. Just a restart of the game clears the issue. Every time I play, this happens.
What do you expect to see? Smooth motion.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

No videos available. 

Message 38 of 96 (1,155 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

For anyone experiencing this issue, could you possibly share a save file where you've seen it occur? You can DM me the link to your save, thanks so much! The more saves we can get for an issue like this, the better!

Instructions for sharing your save: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Tea...

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 39 of 96 (1,244 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

Just as an FYI, this happens on the PC version as well.

So far I've seen in the PC version to counter it, just open/close the Game Options menu. It sorts itself out.

Not sure how/if you can do that in the PS4 version.

- B

Message 40 of 96 (1,178 Views)