Re: [PS4] Scrolling too fast randomly

by crinrict

Original Post

Re: Selection Issues on PS4

★★★ Newbie

I just downloaded the Sims 4 onto my new PS4, and I'm having this crazy cursor issue to the extreme. Every single menu I'm on, it skips from the top of the icons to the bottom, and doesn't let me choose anything in-between. Happens in Create a Sim, the main menu-every menu. I've put cursor speed at 50%, makes no difference. It briefly highlights the middle icons/options, but quickly bypasses them and goes straight from top to bottom and bottom to top of the screen. I've read all the controls, exited out of the game, but this glitch still happens. 

I thought I was doing something wrong, but I'm being so careful about barely even touching the arrow keys, and they still fly across the screen and bypass 70% of the icons!!

Please help Standard smile I don't know what to do.... 

Message 11 of 69 (4,164 Views)

Re: Selection Issues on PS4

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

I get this issue too in build and buy mode. Sometimes switching between live & build helps. Sorry can't be much help but just thought I'd let you know it happens to other people - the problem isn't you!

Also if you just give it 2-3mins without touching the controller it calms down. When it goes crazy on me I get a cuppa 😉

Message 12 of 69 (4,155 Views)

★★ Novice

I have to say I have been playing for quite a while and this is still happening to me! Is there a solution to this awfulness?

Message 13 of 69 (5,656 Views)

Hero
@Foxxiemomma Are you also on PS4 ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 14 of 69 (5,648 Views)

★★★ Pro

I play the PS4 version and this also happens to me it also happens when you try to talk to another Sim and in create a Sim.

Message 15 of 69 (5,632 Views)

[NEEDS INPUT] [PS4] Game skips over certain selections

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.20
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Pets, perfect patio stuff, cool kitchen stuff, get to work.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? It usually happen after I play for a few hours.
What happens when the bug occurs? When I go into any menu (pause menu aswell). if I move the stick it will skip past some of the options quite fast, if you finesse it you can get the right one. It fixes itself if you restart the game or leave the controller alone for 5-10 minutes.
What do you expect to see? For it not to skip selections.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Pets, perfect patio stuff, cool kitchen stuff, get to work.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? It usually happen after I play for a few hours.
What happens when the bug occurs? When I go into any menu (pause menu aswell). if I move the stick it will skip past some of the options quite fast, if you finesse it you can get the right one. It fixes itself if you restart the game or leave the controller alone for 5-10 minutes.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

How often does the bug occur? Rarely (0% - 9%)

Message 16 of 69 (5,608 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [PS4] Scrolling too fast randomly

Hero (Retired)

@crinrict  This still happens, though it seems like they tried to fix it with the last patch. The cursor stops responding and kind of freezes. Before the latest patch 1.20, the cursor would then zoom all over uncontrollably. Now when the cursor freezes and stops responding, you have to close the window you are trying to select something in to get it to respond again. This happens fairly frequently. Sometimes, the cursor still zooms all over but I have found it to be a much more rare occurrence with 1.20 but the freezing and no responding cursor has taken its place as the constant and the fast scrolling is more rare.

Message 17 of 69 (5,569 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [PS4] Game skips over certain selections

Hero
@starcat1233 Merged your post with existing thread on this.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 18 of 69 (5,566 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [PS4] Scrolling too fast randomly

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

@PoptartJuniper I also noticed that if you leave the cursor alone for about 5 minutes it fixes itself. 

Message 19 of 69 (5,521 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [PS4] Scrolling too fast randomly

★★★ Apprentice

This issue is still appearing on PS4! I have had this happen to me numerous times over the last two months.

Message 20 of 69 (5,413 Views)