Re: [NEEDS SAVES] [PS4] Scrolling too fast randomly

by midtwilightblue

Original Post

Re: [OPEN] [PS4] Scrolling too fast randomly

Community Manager (retired)

Is anyone still experiencing this issue? If so, could you possibly share a save file where you've seen it occurring? You can DM me the link to your save, thanks for the help!

Instructions for sending me a save file: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Tea...

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 41 of 69 (1,268 Views)

★★ Novice

this still happens consistently on every single one of my saves with no pattern of some happening more than others

Message 42 of 69 (1,190 Views)

★★★ Guide

It still happens on mine but when I click the buttons to fast for the game to catch up. If I give the controller a break for a min or two it calms down. 

Message 43 of 69 (1,175 Views)

Re: [NEEDS SAVES] [PS4] Scrolling too fast randomly

★ Guide
@adamking494 I have this with every option to select. Interaction bubbles with other Sims, CAS, inventory, color swatches in build mode as well and it seems to zoom over the ONE you’re trying to select...oddly enough!
I’ve had this problem since I started playing on console which is at least two years. Multiple updates and controllers and no fix yet
Message 44 of 69 (1,159 Views)

★ Guide
Like @AcaciaCEJ says, I also think that this sometimes happens to me after pressing buttons repetitively/too quickly in succession, & then it lasts for several minutes. It might be that the only way to purposely replicate this glitch would be to play heavily on a console for a moderate period of time until it just happens randomly, as what typically happens to the players who experience it.
Message 45 of 69 (1,142 Views)

★★★ Guide
@FinalBossNyuma I agree - that would be the best way to replicate the issue. I hope it gets fixed!
Message 46 of 69 (1,133 Views)

★★★ Newbie

It works on completely new save files too. Just opened up the game after about half a year, and wanted to start fresh, so I made a new save. Not even past character creation, and I was met with my old friend speed cursor. Still a bit disappointed this still is in the game after so long.

Message 47 of 69 (1,104 Views)

Problem with buttons

★★★ Newbie

I’m having a problem that happens VERY often where I’m often in build mode (happens other times too)

and when I push left (or any other button) (once) it jumps 3-8 spaces to the left instead of once.

When this happens EVERY button does it.

it makes it very hard to select anything and it happens in the menu selection too.

I have to close the game to the start screen (where you can see all the game packs).

When I start the game up from saved file, the problem is gone.

I can save the game before closing, if I sit and try to land on the right place in the menu but it takes forever when I can’t control the buttons.

it happens OFTEN and it’s really annoying! Please help!

I have bought EVERY expansion and gamepack.

And I’m only missing 2 stuff packs so I have spend a LOT of money on sims4.

please help me!

I shouldn’t have this problem considering how expensive your game is 🙏🏻🌸

Message 48 of 69 (1,035 Views)

Re: Problem with buttons

★★ Guide

Oh yeah I have this too. I’ve honestly had this bug happen so often now. It’s very annoying but usually I just go and check Twitter for 2 minutes and come back and it’s back to normal. 
I’ve got a video of it occurring if anyone is interested https://youtu.be/rPyM3nbBX14

Message 49 of 69 (962 Views)

Re: Scrolling too fast randomly

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

@PoptartJuniperThis happens to me as well, so often that I can't play the game anymore. I own everything but 4 kits and am on PS4. The ping-ponging around happens on menus, in World selection, in build mode, and CAS. When I aim for a lot, as another example, the cursor/pointer drifts upward then the ping-ponging around begins, In build mode the scroll races through the box endlessly without pressing any buttons. Sometimes, I can hit the circle button to break or slow the cycling through. This doesn't happen in my other games. @SimQARobo

Message 50 of 69 (724 Views)