Re: Game is Crashing or Adjusting Graphics every time I play

by TheSimsDirect

Original Post

Newest Sims4 update crashes game and console

★★★ Newbie

Just installed the newest April 2023 update. Not only does it make Sims 4 unplayable, if I do manage to boot the game I get an error code that asks me to delete the app and reinstall and if I boot again that crashes my entire console. Ive had to initialize and rebuild my database more than once and Im really upset to have spent money on a game that was working just fine before the update Frown

Message 61 of 90 (567 Views)

game crash when i log into my account

★★★ Newbie

im on xbox one and my game stopped working. so basically when i log into my account before it gets to the main menu screen it glitches and takes me back to Xbox home. i thought it was the disc so i downloaded it and tried it without the disc. didn't work. i cleared the data. didnt work. fully reset xbox. didnt work. uninstalled and reinstalled the game. still didnt work. ive been trying for over a month now. however i tried logging in with a family members account and it worked fine. but istill want to play on my account. does anyone know what the problem could be? is it my ea account that could be broken or something?

Message 62 of 90 (579 Views)

Re: Newest Sims4 update crashes game and console

Hero
@DarthRevan430 Which console are you playing on ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 63 of 90 (499 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I am playing on a Ps4. The system is up to date and everything works fine otherwise. 

Message 64 of 90 (489 Views)

Sims 4 game fails to load completely and then crashes

★★★★★ Novice

I haven’t been able to play my sims 4 game since the April update. My game loads for minutes and try’s to launch but then crashes completely. I’ve tried everything to get this game to work. I’m a console player XBOXONE 

Message 65 of 90 (615 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Experiencing a similar issue with my game just crashing after the update, Xbox one 

Message 66 of 90 (477 Views)

Re: CAS crashes when editing/painting PETS

★★★ Newbie

I am playing on the Xbox Series X and I have this issue. It is recreatable 100% of the time as well. Any time I edit a pet and click the paint button, the game crashes and takes me to the main screen. 

Message 67 of 90 (569 Views)

Re: Sims 4 game fails to load completely and then crashes

★★★★★ Expert

@Lolo11236   Hi!  That's so annoying!  I normally play on PC but I got TS4 for my PS4 when the base game was made available for free. Ever since I also bought some packs I've noticed the load time has increased a lot but it hasn't crashed for me ... yet.  

I wondered if you could try unplugging the power source for a few minutes and then connecting it again.  I'm hoping this will reset your console and allow the game to launch.

For some apps on my PS4, I've also had some luck with resetting my router and internet / network settings.

Message 68 of 90 (600 Views)

EA Sims Team

Under investigation. Accepting as solution for visibility purposes only.

Hello

We would like to collect affected save files.

If you're willing to share, instructions are here:
https://x.ea.com/74420

Message 69 of 90 (2,236 Views)

★ Guide

The crashing is super inconsistent. I can go for a week with no crashing and then all of a sudden it happens 3 times within an hour. 
I’ve tried uninstalling and reinstalling the game and I’ve even tried rebuilding my PS5 database. It’s still crashing unfortunately. 

most of my crashes are from exiting build mode but I have one or two when I’ve tried to travel and one when I was loading into a household. 

Message 70 of 90 (567 Views)