by zeHollander

Original Post

[NEEDS SAVES] [PS] Game Crashes when Accessing Gallery

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.36
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them except bowling, toddlers, pet accessoires, fitness and patio.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I do not know if you can find it. its my gallery that crashes whenever I open it.
What happens when the bug occurs? When I open my gallery the game crashes and the Sims 4 closes itself. The error code is: (CE-34878-0.)
What do you expect to see? I want to be able to play my game when I open my gallery and when I place a lot.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

I don't have a video or screenshot. The PlayStation screen says: error code is (CE-34878-0.)

Edit by PoptartJuniper: Added Tag, adjusted title.

Message 18 of 43 (3,138 Views)

Game crashes after placing gallery lot and viewing another lot in gallery

★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.33
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All but batuu and snowy escape
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Open gallery, select any lot, place lot on existing lot or empty lot. Open gallery Again. Select any lot. Game crashes 100% of the time. BUT If you bulldoze the lot before going back into the gallery you are able to select any lot without the game crashing. As soon as you place a lot, open the gallery, and view a lot it crashes again
What happens when the bug occurs? The game crashes error code ce34878-0
What do you expect to see? The game to continue running after placing the lot and viewing another lot in the gallery
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. This started immediately following patch 1.33

sometimes I can select a second lot from the gallery successfully after placing the first, but if I hit circle or hit place lot the game will always crash with the same code. Typically it will crash as soon as I select a second lot. Rarely the game will crash as soon as I open the gallery after placing the first lot

Message 1 of 43 (3,237 Views)

Re: Game crashes after placing gallery lot and viewing another lot in gallery

★★★ Novice

It should be noted these are lots already downloaded to my library.

Message 2 of 43 (3,234 Views)

Hero (Retired)
@zeHollander Are you placing this lot from the personal library or the online gallery?
Message 3 of 43 (3,202 Views)

★★★ Novice

The lots were in my personal  gallery but were downloaded from the online gallery. It does not matter which lot I use. I can replicate the bug regardless 

Message 4 of 43 (3,191 Views)

★★★ Novice
Message 5 of 43 (3,169 Views)

Hero (Retired)
@zeHollander Can you try deleting these lots from your library and re-downloading them, or trying to place them from the gallery directly without saving them to your library?
Message 6 of 43 (3,165 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Novice

@PoptartJuniper If I place a lot directly from the online gallery I am able to place more than one without crashing, however if I open my personal library After placing any, lot whether downloaded from the online gallery or my own, the game will still crash. I’m am currently deleting all lots in my Library and will update if the bug persists

Message 7 of 43 (3,141 Views)

Hero (Retired)
@zeHollander It may be the library file on your console. If you delete lots and it still does it. Close the game and go into your saves folder settings>application saved data>data in system storage (or wherever you keep your saves), select the Sims 4 then select the library file and delete it. Relaunch the game and it will create a new library file.

Anything in the old library file will be lost, so if possible place saved sims and lots you want to keep down in a save first. You can save them back to the library afterwards.
Message 8 of 43 (3,129 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

I removed all lots from my library and downloaded new ones. I still get the crashing issue. I removed my library folder and downloaded a few lots.the online library stopped responding. I closed the application and started again. I now get an error saying Lot failed to download try again later. I tried clearing the cash but this did not resolve the issue. I placed one of the new lots from my library and opened the library again. The game crashed as it did before removing the library folder. I will attempt to delete my library folder again.

Message 9 of 43 (3,098 Views)