Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [PH] Young adults gain Parenthood character values

by nixnamed

Original Post

Community Manager (retired)

Could anyone experiencing this issue possibly share a save file with me where it's occurring? You can DM me the link to your save, thanks so much for the help!

Instructions for sending me your save: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Tea...

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 11 of 28 (1,754 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

I can't offer you a save file through the available means, but I can tell you my thoughts about the circumstances of a similar event which occurred just the other day in my game. System context: Windows 10; full sim autonomy, long lifespan, 14-day seasons; latest game update; Seasons, Cats and Dogs, Get to Work, City Living, Get Together, Realm of Magic, Parenthood, Vampires. Late addition to the playthrough: Get Famous, Spa Day, Tiny Living, Laundry Day, Toddler Stuff, Kids Room Stuff, Backyard Stuff.

"My sim" is part of a household starting with 3 young adults ("fresh", with no skills or reward traits); the other two are an unrelated married couple, Nehemiah and Kelsey. I placed them at Proprietor's Square in Windenburg and did some much-needed work on the upper floor.

About two real days ago, Morgyn Ember (a friend of my sim) came to visit. Nehemiah autonomously went out to meet him and chat. My sim autonomously decided to take the garbage out while those two were talking. I haven't moved the exterior doors or bin from their default locations, so this took my sim right past the conversation. When she finished the task, she got a little green marker of the type I'm accustomed to from Parenthood.

I'm pretty convinced it was "good reputation" hit, though. My sim had recently become a minor celebrity by publishing books. There's room for misinterpretation (though I speak only for myself); the fame and reputation icons are small, my eyes aren't the best anymore, and anyway I was distracted by Kelsey coming home from work to find her husband flirting with a guest. I am also new to Get Famous, having only picked it up during one of the recent sales.

I never noticed this happening before I installed Get Famous, and I've never seen an instance where this occurred for a young adult sim if only household members or pets were present. My efforts to replicate the hit (whether it's a character value or reputation) have been lax, especially since I haven't gone out of my way to make unplayed sims watch me move trash around, but I haven't seen a recurrence yet. If something as unreliable as an audience of non-household sims is required, it could explain some things.

If Get Famous is involved, it might also explain why another user mentioned it happening specifically with the Vatores while using the phone - at least in my game, Caleb is a celebrity; interactions like Update Social Media Status (which can provide +Fame) are available on the phone, and I'm not sure whether anything on the phone interacts with character values. I don't know if they have Get Famous installed and Fame enabled, though.

Message 12 of 28 (1,724 Views)

★ Guide

I have noticed my YA Sims keey getting emotional control while playing the piano with emotion. Similarly, the gain points by cleaning up the empty dishes. Or at least, let's say I get the ++ notification on top of their head. They were all alreadt maxd out before aging up to YA.

Message 13 of 28 (1,718 Views)

★ Apprentice

I'm having trouble replicating the issue, now that I make more of an effort. Since I sometimes use mods, I made sure to completely empty my mods folder and repair the game, and tested with new games only. I used Sims 4 Standard Edition v1.69.57.1020 on Windows 10.

It doesn't seem to matter whether NPC sims are around or interacted with. It doesn't seem to matter whether I make a fresh young-adult sim, make a child/teen and age them up, age up with or without achieving reward trait values, cheat values and reward traits onto young adults or children/teens, or play a pre-existing household (I used the Vatores for this check). Nothing I do and no age/character value progression I try will make sims gain or lose parenthood character values as young adults.

Also, regardless of origin, values, and presence or absence of reward traits, only Childish sims would still have the Play With Emotion action as young adults, and even they would not gain or lose character values from it. Other Calm Down type actions (with other sims, with mirrors, in beds, with classical music, etc.) could resolve negative moodlets but would not display parenthood value gains/losses.

I guess the issue is absent or fixed in my game, or something in my process is wrong.

Message 14 of 28 (1,673 Views)

★ Pro
@SimGuruNick Following interactions affect adult character values:
DollHouse_Repair (ID: 13338)
guitar_Jam_PlayAwayFeelings (161826)
guitar_Jam_PlayAwayFeelings_Inventory (161829)
laundry_WashingMachine_Repair_Plumbing (177092)
piano_Concerto_PlayAwayFeelings (161870)
socialMixer_Sabacc_FightCheater (241809)
stereo_listen_classical_CalmEmotions (161787)
vampire_Fighting_VampireSlay_ActorOnlyDarkForm (152663)
vampire_Fighting_VampireSlay_ActorTargetDarkForm (152665)
vampire_Fighting_VampireSlay_NoDarkForm (152605)
vampire_Fighting_VampireSlay_TargetOnlyDarkForm (152664)
vampire_Fighting_VampiricDuel (151043)
vampire_Fighting_VampiricDuel_ActorOnlyDarkForm (152654)
vampire_Fighting_VampiricDuel_ActorTargetDarkForm (152655)
vampire_Fighting_VampiricDuel_Target (151044)
vampire_Fighting_VampiricDuel_TargetOnlyDarkForm (152656)
violin_Concerto_PlayAwayFeelings (161880)
violin_Concerto_PlayAwayFeelings_Inventory (161877)

same with loot actions (potentially):
loot_Statistic_LifeSkill_ConflictResolution_Target_Discipline_EncourageGain (167126)
loot_Statistic_LifeSkill_ConflictResolution_Target_Discipline_EncourageLoss (167127)
loot_Statistic_LifeSkill_ConflictResolution_Trait_GainSmall (168032)
loot_Statistic_LifeSkill_ConflictResolution_Trait_LossLarge (168033)
loot_Statistic_LifeSkill_EmotionalControl_Target_Discipline_EncourageGain (167135)
loot_Statistic_LifeSkill_EmotionalControl_Target_Discipline_EncourageLoss (167136)
loot_Statistic_LifeSkill_EmotionalControl_Trait_GainSmall (168038)
loot_Statistic_LifeSkill_EmotionalControl_Trait_LossSmall (168039)
loot_Statistic_LifeSkill_Empathy_Target_Discipline_EncourageGain (167144)
loot_Statistic_LifeSkill_Empathy_Target_Discipline_EncourageLoss (167145)
loot_Statistic_LifeSkill_Empathy_Trait_GainLarge (168034)
loot_Statistic_LifeSkill_Empathy_Trait_LossLarge (168035)
loot_Statistic_LifeSkill_Manners_Target_Discipline_EncourageGain (167153)
loot_Statistic_LifeSkill_Manners_Target_Discipline_EncourageLoss (167154)
loot_Statistic_LifeSkill_Manners_Trait_GainLarge (168037)
loot_Statistic_LifeSkill_Manners_Trait_LossLarge (168036)
loot_Statistic_LifeSkill_Responsibility_GradeSchoolGrades (162181)
loot_Statistic_LifeSkill_Responsibility_HighSchoolGrades (162239)
loot_Statistic_LifeSkill_Responsibility_Target_Discipline_EncourageGain (167162)
loot_Statistic_LifeSkill_Responsibility_Target_Discipline_EncourageLoss (167163)
loot_Statistic_LifeSkill_Responsibility_TeenJobPerformance (162228) - relevant now that adults can join part time jobs
loot_Statistic_LifeSkill_Responsibility_Trait_GainSmall (168040)
loot_Statistic_LifeSkill_Responsibility_Trait_LossSmall (168041)

p.s. adding <T n="_add_if_not_in_tracker">False</T> to the five life skill stats might be the easier route
Message 15 of 28 (1,653 Views)

★★ Apprentice

In apartments, if you confront a noisy neighbor, you get a character value pop up too

Message 16 of 28 (1,633 Views)

Re: [NEEDS SAVES] [PH] Young adults gain Parenthood character values

★★ Guide

This is happening in my game, too. It started a couple of days ago. One of my young adult sims has started gaining emotional control every time she plays the guitar, violin, or piano.

I just got a notification that this sim's Emotional Control is in range to earn the Emotional Control trait, which she already has, because she already earned it when she aged up from a teen to a young adult.  

Message 17 of 28 (1,577 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I just got a notification that my young adult sim (created in CAS) has her responsibility in range to get the responsibility trait but under the simology tab I can't see her character values. I was under the impression that adult sims can't gain or lose character values.

Message 18 of 28 (1,447 Views)

★★ Pro

Yeah I'm seeing this too but it's very occasional. Can't say it bothers me much compared to some other bugs but I can verify it's happening.

Message 19 of 28 (1,408 Views)

★★★★ Pro

I get this with one of my sims, in a save file where I have a lot of other played sims. The only thing I can think of that differentiate him from all the other sims in this save file is that he has the Insider trait, I don't know if that has anything to do with it.

Message 20 of 28 (1,304 Views)