by simvasion

Original Post

[NEEDS SAVES] [PH] Teens/Kids getting stuck in phases

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.45.62.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All Packs
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I play rotationally, I've had this issue happen before when I switch between households some kids get stuck in phases. My suggestion would be to frequently switch between households with kids who are currently in a phase and see what happens.
What happens when the bug occurs? A child or teen sim gets stuck in a phase after frequently switching my played households, I have now experienced this bug in two different ways as of now. 1. A child or teen sim gets stuck in a phase but the phase itself isn't functioning at all. While these sims are stuck in their phases it also seems they don't receive any school projects to work on ever. Using trait removal cheats works to get rid of these phases and game play goes back to normal. 2. A child or teen sim gets stuck in a phase (specifically one of the Picky Eater phases), the phase itself is fully functional along with other game play elements, but nothing I do helps get rid of the phase, not any game play methods or trait removal cheats. I've also been experiencing issues with the Family Bulletin Board object, the 'Clear Bulletin Board' interaction doesn't work, my sim just glitches out when attempting the interaction, also the 'Look at Drawing' and 'Read Note' interaction don't seem to do anything, I'm pretty sure those interactions used to give off a Buff of some sorts.
What do you expect to see? I expect to see phases come and go naturally through my game play, even if I do switch households on a regular basis, as well as the Family Bulletin Board object to work properly.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

The first variation of the child stuck in a phase bug has been happening since the release of Parenthood. It hasn't happened too many times but it has happened every now and then since I installed the Game Pack. 

Edit By Crinrict: Adjusted Tag

Message 1 of 73 (7,978 Views)

Re: [TO TEST] [PH] Teens/Kids getting stuck in phases on rotational play

Champion
I have this too with almost every playable child and teen I have. I didn't even realise I was bugged until someone said that the phases should go away on their own.

I usually play a household for around a week and then switch. Children and Teens went into phases but I didn't really think about them until I came back to playing them after a while and they were still in the phase.

I wondered if I was doing something wrong, but nothing I do seems to get them to end the phase. One of my teens has been stuck with the Distant phase for months (I play with aging off). Another has been stuck with the Picky Eater (prefers quick meals) phase ever since I've known him.

The other day, I played a new family and when the children went into phases (clingy and rebellious) I performed actions to counter them and was surprised at how quickly they went away when working normally - for the clingy child I had them play with a friend and the phase went away I think the same day (I hadn't left the family and switched to another in my rotation yet).
Message 2 of 73 (7,871 Views)

Hero

Hi @simvasion and @filipomel

we have this issue: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-Young-Adult-still-has-hidden-Childhood-Phases/m-p/6163741 which is kinda similar. It's just about ya still having those phases. Do you guys think this is the same issue ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 73 (7,836 Views)

Champion
I don’t play with aging on, so none of the children or teens with stuck phases have age transitioned yet. I assume the phases would disappear though upon age up.

This bug we have is when they are still children or teens and the gameplay suggestions for removing the traits don’t work. Like for picky eater I should be able to get the parents to discuss better eating habits and it should go away. But it doesn’t.
Message 4 of 73 (7,833 Views)

Hero
OK. Thanks. Guess I'll leave them separate for now.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 73 (7,824 Views)

★★ Apprentice

This happens to me as well, I play rotationally with aging off.

Message 6 of 73 (7,780 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
I have seen this as well in my game, the childhood phase only ended when I aged my kid up to a teenager.
Message 7 of 73 (7,750 Views)

Hero
I've added this.

Thanks for all the reports

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 73 (7,716 Views)

Champion
It appears as though if a child or teen has a phase and then I switch to another household in my rotation and come back, the phase timer has expired, but the trait was not removed properly while they weren't the active household.

Workaround:
If I use cheats to restart the phase, then I'm able to perform actions to encourage the children/teens out of the phase naturally.
Message 9 of 73 (7,693 Views)

EA Sims Team

Hello.

We have not been able to reproduce this  If anyone has save files or additional info to share, it would be appreciated.

Info on how to send save files is here:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Team/m-p/6065...

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 10 of 73 (7,602 Views)