by crinrict

Original Post

[NEEDS INPUT] [PH] Children ask for Advice before taking care of Needs

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.15
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Get Together, Seasons, Cats and Dogs, City Living, Get to Work, Jungle Adventure, Parenthood, Vampires, Dine Out, Toddler Stuff, Spooky Stuff, Cool Kitchen Stuff, Kids Stuff, Laundry Day Stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Play a family with autonomy on with Parenthood of course.
What happens when the bug occurs? Children will walk past a bathroom and all the way to an outside parent with their needs in red to "ask for advice"
What do you expect to see? Children taking care of their red needs before autonomously asking for advice.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Needs in red should be cared for before any autonomous parenthood action. This happens with Asking for Advice, TV watching, Dollhouse Play and Dancing from Parenthood. 

The child in my screenshot walked out of his room, past the bathroom, into his siblings room and was headed to the back of the lot where his father was. Why aren't needs checked first in autonomous actions from parenthood instead of them just over ruling everything the child is set up to do?

Edit By Crinrict: Adjusted Tag

Message 1 of 5 (838 Views)
Highlighted

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [PH] Children ask for Advice before taking care of Needs

Hero
Added

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 5 (786 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

We've had trouble reproducing this issue, could anyone possibly share a save file? Thanks so much for the help!

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Team/m-p/6065...

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 3 of 5 (753 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

@SimGuruNick  Here's Two Different Saves. Same child. The first time I hadn't saved in a while so I caught the save as he was going to ask for advice. His food and sleep were yellow and he went to ask his dad for advice. His mom was stuck playing violin. I believe the yellow needs and asking dad is the 08 file. 

The second save (06) I did reload and replayed the child and saved as he was finishing his potion making. His mom was still stuck playing violin and his dad came to chat with him. He then finishes his potion, chats with his dad and then goes to ask advice from his mom with his food and sleep in red. You'll have to stop the mom from going to bed because when you load the game, it'll reset her practice and she will finally stop playing the violin with her needs headed towards critical. If she goes to bed, he will swap to asking Dad for advice but because dad's got vampiric run enabled the advice asking will cancel when dad is busy, which happens very quickly. The child will then go nap for some reason instead of going to sleep if both sets of parents can't be asked advice.

Both saves the child is asking for advice before taking care of his needs.

Message 4 of 5 (737 Views)

Re: [NEEDS SAVES] [PH] Children ask for Advice before taking care of Needs

Hero (Retired)

This just happened again recently. Teen sim woke up with hunger and bathroom in the red and first thing they queued up was to ask for advice. Note the bathroom right next to her.The Sims™ 4_20191210154810.jpg

Message 5 of 5 (643 Views)