by druidtiefling

Original Post

Re: orange triangles with exclamations.

★★ Novice
@puzzlezaddict yes, they do.
Message 21 of 402 (4,604 Views)

★★ Novice
@puzzlezaddict The only thing I've done that kind of helped, was when I had to delete the sims so I had enough space to download a big update on my Mac. when I downloaded the sims again it didn't have the triangles but they came back after I very small amount of time.
Message 22 of 402 (4,602 Views)

@Clarohine  How much free and total storage do you currently have on your Mac?  Click the Apple icon in the upper left corner of your screen, select About This Mac, and click the Storage tab.  Then click cmd-shift-4 and drag your cursor over the window to take a screenshot.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 23 of 402 (4,590 Views)

[ Edited ]

@Clarohine

Knowing your storage, as Puzzlezaddict has asked for, would be REALLY helpful. Would you also be willing to share your save so I can test it? You can upload to a file sharing site then PM me the link Standard smile

In Origin > Preferences > Installs & Saves, where is the game library location?

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 24 of 402 (4,582 Views)

Sims 4 lot bug

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.77.146.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Get to work, Get together, Cats and dogs, City living, Discover University, Island living, Seasons, Dine out, Parenthood, Moschino stuff pack
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I’m not sure
What happens when the bug occurs? I load up my game and there are exclamation marks on top of random lots and when I try to travel to them lots the whole thing just disappears.
What do you expect to see? I expect to load up my game and travel to lots without them disappearing . Also there shouldn’t be any exclamation marks .
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. I disabled my mods

I’ve tried repairing my game too but it still didn’t work. Also when I make a new game the bug disappears but I don’t want to have to delete my saved game ss I will loose everything!

Message 25 of 402 (4,538 Views)

Sims 4 game says items uninstalled and showing exclamation points over all lots

★★ Novice

My game said items were uninstalled suddenly, and now there are triangle exclamation points over every lot. All of my saves are missing except the most recent, and while I can load into sims in the world, the worlds are completely empty and all the lots have been deleted. I've tried repairing the game multiple times, removing my mods folder, etc. I have a MacBook Air and my Sims 4 folder got moved to the iCloud, so I'm not sure if that has something to do with it? I moved the whole Electronic Arts folder to my desktop, updated my OS, restarted my computer, and nothing is working. Do I need to uninstall and reinstall the game? Will I lose everything? How can I fix this?! Any help is much appreciated!

Message 26 of 402 (4,672 Views)

Re: Sims 4 game says items uninstalled and showing exclamation points over all l

@ashbatch16

Sounds like you have Optimise storage enabled, your Mac has no space left, and everything is being pushed to the cloud. See the opening post of this thread I've moved your post to.

AHQSigImage.png
Message 27 of 402 (4,625 Views)

Re: Sims 4 game says items uninstalled and showing exclamation points over all l

★★ Novice

I followed the instructions you posted, and it seemed to change nothing.  Any other suggestions?  Maybe I did something wrong? The Electronic Arts folder appears to be back in Documents and I turned off everything else you said to do.

Message 28 of 402 (4,607 Views)

@ashbatch16 

Let's check by doing a proper search. Please open Terminal and copy and paste the following command then hit Enter/Return:

find ~ -type d -name "*The Sims 4*" 2>/dev/null

After a little while it will return the results of the search. Please copy and paste the results in a post here.

AHQSigImage.png
Message 29 of 402 (4,596 Views)

★★ Novice

@Bluebellflora this is what it said 

/Users/ashleybatchelder/Desktop/Electronic Arts/The Sims 4

/Users/ashleybatchelder/Applications/The Sims 4 Packs

/Users/ashleybatchelder/Applications/The Sims 4.app

/Users/ashleybatchelder/Applications/The Sims 4.app/Contents/Resources/The Sims 4.app

/Users/ashleybatchelder/Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 4

Ashleys-MacBook-Air:~ ashleybatchelder$ 

Message 30 of 402 (4,576 Views)