Re: Floating objects above torendi tower.

by EnkiSchmidt

Original Post

Re: [WORKAROUND] Objects Stuck off Lots

★★ Apprentice

So as for me some objects are floating in the middle of unreachable spots. They are flying high above the sky... 😂

Haven't found a solution for it so far.

I'm using T.O.O.L and it helped me a lot but i can't interact with those objects at all. They are just there when my sims do look at the sky. Oh and you can see them on the map of the city, especially in San Myshuno and Britechester.

Does someone maybe know how to get rid of them?

Picsart_22-01-03_15-28-45-838.jpg 

Message 61 of 122 (1,493 Views)

Re: [WORKAROUND] Objects Stuck off Lots

Hero
@Aku970 I moved your post over to the thread on that.

EA is looking for saves for this.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 62 of 122 (1,467 Views)

Floating objects above torendi tower.

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Rarely (0% - 9%)
What is your current game version number? 1.84.197.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All but modern men and carnaval.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Check above torendi tower in san myshuno.
What happens when the bug occurs? Theres a bunch of food stalls and stuff floating in the sky.
What do you expect to see? Just the sky.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I can’t get rid of it. I tried bulldozing the lot. It didn’t work. Mods disabled. Nothing.

Here is my save file. https://1drv.ms/u/s!At7V86iocI4CgdBQq-AXGN44ASKGBw?e=G7rB3W

I just posted mine.

[CM - Edited to merge consecutive replies]

Message 63 of 122 (1,443 Views)

Champion

The problem has spread to Evergreen Harbour now: several floating benches and a vendor stall appeared in the sky in the abandoned train station neighborhood. It happened in a new save, and the issue started after I moved a family into the apartment and visited them with my other sims.

Should I send in my save? Asking because I'm still on game version 1.81.72.1030 (prior to the first wave of Neighborhood Stories), so that save my be useless.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Message 64 of 122 (1,244 Views)

Champion

Sorry for the double post, but I just noticed something that the affected neighborhoods in my new save have in common. It may be a coincidence, of course.

In all the neighborhoods that have objects in the sky, I have sims living in apartments AND visited them with sims from other households.

Arts Quarter: One apartment resident visited their neighbors -> floating objects

Conifer Station: Sims from a residential lot visited a household in an apartment -> floating food stall the very next day

Rich neighborhood in San Myshuno: Sims from Fashion District held a party at an Apartment in the rich neighborhood -> floating objects

In contrast the Millers live in an apartment at Spice District and the Phillips at Fashion District, but neither neighborhood has floating objects in the sky. I never visited the Millers or the Phillips with other sims. I also visited the Spice Festival twice with sims from Evergreen Harbour, but didn't load into an apartment when I traveled there.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Message 65 of 122 (1,241 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Objects show up in the sky and on map

★ Pro

Just started noticing this. 

05-05-22_1_58_14 PM.heic

05-05-22_1_58_14 PM.jepg

53 PM 2.31.55 PM.jpeg

Message 66 of 122 (1,176 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Objects show up in the sky and on map

★ Pro

Eventuality the Food Stalls showed up where they should, but the Food Stalls in the sky continued to evolve.

05-05-22_3_37_18 PM.jpg

05-05-22_3_45_42 PM.jpg

05-05-22_4_44_35 PM.jpg

Message 67 of 122 (1,165 Views)

Spice Festival in the Sky

★★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? N/A (just one save, but doesn't change)
What is your current game version number? 1.86.166.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All packs except Bowling and Patio (glitch pre-dates Kit inclusion)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I'm not sure you can. I don't even know if I did it, and if so, how.
What do you expect to see? Nothing in the skybox. Like, a normal sky without a floating market and buildings.

Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes; major mod is TOOL but I don't use it in this save, and the saves I DO use it in don't have this glitch.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Not that I can tell.

So I looked into the sky above the Spice Market while building and saw this. (Attached; camera hack used to get the photos.) Seems to be the Spice Festival setup, accompanied by the same debug building duplicated. It appears not once but TWICE in the skybox, well out of reach. I have not used these objects while building, so I didn't put them there by accident. The Spice Festival still happens as usual, no problem there. There's just duplicates of it and those buildings airborne for no apparent reason. (They even glow at night.) I have no idea why they're there and I cannot get them down, even using TOOL. It's starting to look a little post-apocalyptic.

Message 68 of 122 (1,171 Views)

Re: Spice Festival in the Sky

★★★★ Guide

I saw this issue posted somewhere else and checked the skies in my game.  I believe if you use tab and look around you can see all the festivals, among other things, floating above the city.  I could even see one without the tab key from an apartment.  I think maybe that is where they are "kept" when not in use, but I don't know.  If that is the case, I wish they were hidden better.  It's really annoying to see them up there.

Message 69 of 122 (1,146 Views)

Re: Spice Festival in the Sky

★★★★ Apprentice

I checked my other saves and so far, my main one is the only one it's happened in. Glad to know I'm not alone with the floating festivals though. Disappointed

Message 70 of 122 (1,125 Views)