by JuliaChang93

Original Post

[NEEDS SAVES] Objects got broken in rain cannot be repaired

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.75.125.1230
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All expansion packs, all game packs except StrangeVille and Journey To Batuu, Moschino, Toddler, Vintage Glamour, Bowling Night, Movie Night, Tiny Living, Nifty Knitting, Laundry Day, Bust The Dust, Courtyard Oasis
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Leave an electronic device outside while it is raining, then after it stops raining, click on the device.
What happens when the bug occurs? You can click on the device having only option greyed out "Use", indicating "electronics do not work in rain" - you cannot choose "use" or repair the device either. It is just permanently broken.
What do you expect to see? Repairing the device or having the device autonomously fixed at least.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

It really spoils the game especially on community lots and dance parties thrown on Ancient Ruins since you cannot renew the DJ Booth automatically spawning out of the building area. I visited some other lot a few days after the rainy weather, this time it was completely sunny but the game behaved as it had been still raining and there was not even any "repair" option.

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title. 

Message 1 of 11 (2,127 Views)

Re: Objects got broken in rain cannot be repaired

★★★★ Guide

Do any of these objects have any sort of unbreakable upgrades on them, or simply have an unbreakable stat by default? I ask because there is another bug where so-called unbreakable objects will break, and when they do they cannot be repaired. I can't help but feel that there is a connection, or that something similar is going on.

Message 2 of 11 (2,103 Views)

★★★★ Guide
@valohim666 Thanks for your respond! Unfortunately I do not think so, because for one of the cases, all devices are placed inside a community lot downloaded from the gallery and they all got permanently broken after the rain. Of course I will check each of those by placing the lot again but for now, I do not think they were all upgraded since there is a very little chance :/
Message 3 of 11 (2,093 Views)

★★★★ Guide

I'd definitely give it a look, because even if they were from the gallery they could still have the unbreakable trait...stat... whatever you call it lol. I know that some objects come with that trait by default, even some of the base game objects have it, and while I only have the base game I'm sure they added more objects with that trait into some of the packs.

Also, one other thing I forgot to mention in my other post. From what I've noticed in my time playing, this glitch mostly seems to affect any sort of audio equipment. So things like radios (and possibly DJ booths) are vulnerable to it, and even hot tubs can permanently break if you add the stereo upgrade along with the unbreakable upgrade. They claim this bug was fixed, so some objects may not suffer from it anymore, but it's obvious they didn't completely fix it if there are still objects breaking that can't be repaired.

Message 4 of 11 (2,078 Views)

Hero
@JuliaChang93 Is this the same as this issue: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/TO-TEST-GT-DJ-booths-at-dance-parties-are-unusable/td-p/729201... or do you see it for all electronics ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 11 (2,028 Views)

★★★★ Guide
@crinrict Hello, all electronics behave the same right now...
Message 6 of 11 (2,017 Views)

★★ Guide

I have seen this with refrigerators and audio devices, it cannot be repaired if rain caused the malfunction. New devices, non of them had any upgrades. The sim tries to repair them but it never gets repaired.

Message 7 of 11 (1,953 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

@babuchas01 I am not sure but it might be another issue, because I do not even have a "repair" option, there is only a greyed out "use" in my case... :/

Message 8 of 11 (1,921 Views)

★★★★ Guide

Today I got sure about this issue can also be seen on the objects NOT upgraded as "unbreakable". Since this feature is too buggy (electronics cannot be used in the rain) maybe it would be the best to completely remove it from the game, just a little feedback... :/

Message 9 of 11 (1,859 Views)

[ Edited ]
EA Staff

Hello All!

Do you guys still have this issue happening without mods (Don't forget to delete the localthumbcache file after removing mods)? 

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 10 of 11 (1,680 Views)