by Starlett557

Original Post

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Objects floating in mid-air

Hero
Added

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 11 of 32 (2,021 Views)

Been having this issue too, mostly with dishes but sometimes with other objects as well. It seems to be related to either toddlers or the inventory.

Message 12 of 32 (2,001 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
Getting this too, kids toys, tablets, dishes etc in mid air on an angle.
Been happening since the June patch and can replicate on today (16th july) patch aswell.
Message 13 of 32 (1,993 Views)
Highlighted

★★ Novice

I have found that this is from a sim that has an item stuck in their hand. Then I have to save and exit to get them to let go of the item. Then after I resume the game I am able to into build mode to move the item onto a counter or other surface.

Message 14 of 32 (1,978 Views)

Hero
@Starlett557 Do any of you get any last exceptions for those floating items ?

I saw that happen on save that has a reset and instead of the objects going to the floor after the reset, they just float.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 15 of 32 (1,973 Views)

★★ Guide

I've had a decorative teapot float midair, so no sim could have picked that up as it's a decoration.  It actually got in the way of my sims using the sink, even.

Message 16 of 32 (1,956 Views)

★ Guide

I'm seeing this most often with dishes in a vanilla game with no mods. I started a new game after the loading screen patch, having pulled my mods out before it just in case, and continued to play without mods just for fun this past week. It seems more common in conjunction with the "sims won't finish their meals" bug, affecting toddlers the most. They'll eat until in the green, stop, and place the unfinished meal in the air. Once I've told them to finish it, they'll actually set the plates/bowls down on a coffee table like usual. I also noticed this bug while watching Dr. Gluon's stream tonight, where in the 100 Baby toddler "activities and games enclosure" (cage) there were several plates hanging in the air, one with unfinished food, and he focused in on them. It's pretty early in the stream so if the team wants to go back & watch it's the one from 7/21.

Message 17 of 32 (1,921 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT/A] Objects floating in mid-air

★★ Guide

This has been happening to me a lot, not at festivals, but in my Sims' house. Fruits, Wabbit tablets, plates, food, guitars, and the drone have all wound up in unusual places. 

Message 18 of 32 (1,865 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT/A] Objects floating in mid-air

EA Sims Team

Sul Sul everyone!

First of all, thanks so much for your numerous reports on this issue. This does really help our team a lot! We are continuing to investigate, however, we have not been able to reproduce the issue successfully yet.
If anybody still sees this issue happening in their game and does not mind sharing a save file with us, that would indeed be super awesome as it would help our team a lot to gather further information about this issue!
By clicking >here<, a new tab will be opened with further instructions on how to share save files with our team.

Thanks all and Happy Simming! Party hat

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 19 of 32 (1,822 Views)

Foxbury floating guitar

★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.59.73.1220
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? discover university, island living, seasons, cats and dogs, get to work, parenthood, my first pet stuff, vintage glamour stuff, holiday celebration pack, grim's ghoulish guitar
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? go to the foxbury statue
What happens when the bug occurs? the guitar is floating in mid-air. since this is not an editable area there is no way to fix it in build mode. you cannot play the guitar because it is inaccessible (sims cannot get to it when asked to play) thus it cannot be moved in game
What do you expect to see? a guitar which is on the ground and is usable
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

there is a floating guitar next to the foxbury statue

Message 20 of 32 (1,769 Views)