Original Post

Accepted Solution

[NEEDS SAVES] Objects floating in mid-air

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.52.100.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All EXCEPT Island living.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? The bug occurs during festivals held in the Myshuno festival grounds.
What happens when the bug occurs? There is a guitar that is hanging upside down just above the ground beside the picnic table near the musician's portable stage and the food stalls. I can't grab it or move it or interact with it. Can't access it in build mode either.
What do you expect to see? Well, I do not expect to see a haunted guitar hanging in mid-air.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

07-12-19_4-41-13 PM.png

Note the unnatural guitar behavior.

Message 2 of 32 (11,511 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [NEEDS SAVES] Objects floating in mid-air

[ Edited ]
Community Manager (retired)

Post marked as Solution for Visibility Purposes Only

If anyone is still seeing this issue a save file would be really useful, you can DM the link to me, thanks for the help!

http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Tea...

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

View in thread

Message 23 of 32 (11,894 Views)

All Replies

Floating Objects

★★★★ Novice

I've noticed over the past week that many objects in my Sims' home have been floating in mid-air (tablets, dirty dishes, etc.). Not sure if this is a general bug or if it's just me...is anyone else having this issue? Is there a way to correct it?

Message 1 of 32 (11,377 Views)

Re: Guitar stuck in midair on festival grounds

Hero
@Lolzarella Is this happening every time you go there, even with no mods installed or is it just a random glitch that made the guitar appear there and now you can't remove it ?

You say, 100%, what does that mean in this case ? That it's there all the time or that it constantly happens everytime someone plays the guitar there ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 32 (11,435 Views)

★ Guide

I don't see a bug report other than this one on a very similar issue I have since the latest patch:

Toy chest toys and dishes that were left on surfaces or the ground are floating mid-air when I come back to the game (the same way as OPs guitar). 

(no mods or CC used ever. it happens about 90% of the time) 

Message 4 of 32 (11,420 Views)

★ Guide

Hi Crin, I've noticed it twice and only when attending an active festival. So, out of the two times there was an active festival I saw the suspeded guitar both times in the same spot. I do not see it when there is no festival happening. This makes it hard to troubleshoot. I have not tried it sans mods becasue the festivasl are so random you can't plan for them or trigger them on purpose to test stuff out, ya know?.

The guitar is present the whole time the festival is going on and I can't interact with the guitar at all.

It doesn't break anything and isn't in the way particularly but it's sure stands out. Wink

As other people were having trouble with stuck dishes I thought I'd mention the stuck guitar incase that helps narrow down where the bug is.

Message 5 of 32 (11,412 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

@Lolzarella- Here's a guide to the festivals; there's actually a (eta: somewhat!) regular schedule, which Carl explains!  (Over in the TS4 forum, not here in the bug-report forum, there have been at least two threads (here and here) with a number of people reporting floating objects, & posting pictures of the objects.  I've been trying to get them to come over here & make a report--and now that you've made this one, to 'me-too' yours.  Not having a lot of luck.  But there are quite a few people talking about it unofficially.)

Message 6 of 32 (11,388 Views)

★ Guide

@Tiarella4Thanks for the link, that helps narrow it down some. Yeah, I've been reading about the dishes getting stuck in walls. Kind of funny until they're dirty. Thanks goodness the guitar doesn't rot. lol

Message 7 of 32 (11,375 Views)

Re: Floating Objects

Hero
@drangelspop09 Merged your post with bug report.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 8 of 32 (11,348 Views)

★ Guide

I caught it again during the Spice Festival. I didn't see it at first but then a sim began to play at the portable stage in the food court and the floating guitar is back. It moved though. There arent any picnic tables so the guitar is now splinching the player's knee. This look quite painful, actually.  I removed the mod folder and the floaty now stabby guitar is still there. 07-15-19_4-59-34 PM.png

Message 9 of 32 (11,258 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT/A] Objects floating in mid-air

★★ Guide

I've seen plates and stuff, also toys at an angle.  For me, its related to toddlers exclusively and only at my home lot.

Message 10 of 32 (11,240 Views)