Re: [OPEN] [OR] Campfire causes too many fires

by SimGuruNick

Original Post

Re: [OPEN] [OR] Campfire causes too many fires

Community Manager (retired)

For anyone who's still seeing this issue, could you possibly share a save file where you've seen it occur? You can DM me the link to your save, thanks so much!

Instructions for sharing your save: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Tea...

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 11 of 20 (977 Views)

Campfires set furniture on fire

★★★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.93.146.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All EPs. GPs: all except Journey to Batuu, Werewolves, and My Wedding Stories. SPs: all except My First Pet, Toddler, Fitness, Movie Hangout, and Spooky Stuff Kits: Everyday Clutter, Pastel Pop, Desert Luxe
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Buy and place down the "Roast'em and Toast'em Campfire", and slot any 2 or 3-seater sofa to it. Perform the "Light" action on the campfire and watch your slotted sofas catch fire.
What happens when the bug occurs? All slotted furniture around the campfire catches fire, doesn't matter if it is actual outdoor furniture or not. And it happens to the 2 and 3-seater sofas.
What do you expect to see? The campfires should be able to be lit without the slotted furniture catching fire. The furniture is slotted, so it should be safe.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I didn't know I needed to make a screenshot for this and I already closed my game.

Message 12 of 20 (875 Views)

too many fires on campfire

★★★★★ Apprentice

How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.99.264.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? all except 3 kits
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? light the horse ranch campire/firepit
What happens when the bug occurs? it immediately starts a fire - every single time it's lit
What do you expect to see? not nearly that many fires - it's essentially made the item unplayable
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. horse ranch patch I assume since the firepit came with horse ranch...

I can't have my simes use the firepit because it is constantly causing fires

Message 13 of 20 (722 Views)

Re: too many fires on campfire

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Expert

Yeah, I’m playing on a prebuilt lot with a campfire and they’re incessantly setting themselves on fire and scaring the horse. Even if they’re not hungry they insist on roasting marshmallows 24/7. Sadly, they’re spellcasters and keep reparioing the burned chairs and roasting more. 

I remember an event where a family of musicians went to Granite Falls and insisted on standing IN the fire to play and burned up all their instruments. Any time the camera wasn’t focused on them they were lighting the campfire and standing too close with a guitar or violin. Luckily one of them (grandma) had finished the botanist aspiration, so she was a total bad*** extinguishing everyone so no one died.

Even my Sims with the Naturalist reward trait (from freelance botanist) incessantly burn their arms roasting marshmallows 24/7.

It’s just excessive. My mantra has been “I’m taking that 🤬 campfire away from you…”

Message 14 of 20 (679 Views)

EA Sims Team

Marked as Solution for Visibility. This is still an open issue.

Hello All,

If any of you are still encountering this on the latest game version (without mods), would you be willing to share your save file(s)?

If so, please send me a private message with a link to the file.

Instructions here: http://x.ea.com/74420

Thanks!

Message 15 of 20 (566 Views)

Re: [NEEDS SAVES] [OR] Campfire causes too many fires

★★★★★ Novice
@katherinebclaude Me too (can't hit the 'Me too' button for some reason)

Why are the dev so hellbent on making everything so exaggerated it's impossible to get anything done and enjoy the game. One fire occasionally would be fun. One fire every 2 seconds IS. NOT. FUN! Can't get through a simple housewarming party without the visitors setting the yard on fire immediately after I just extinguished the previous one. This isn't fun.... *sigh*
Message 16 of 20 (311 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@TheSimsDirect I will remove my mods as see if it still occurs.
Message 17 of 20 (310 Views)

Campfires Starting Fires too Frequently

★★★★★ Apprentice

How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.105.332.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Greenhouse Haven Kit, Blooming Rooms Kit, Simtimates Collection Kit, Little Campers Kit, Outdoor Retreat, Everyday Clutter Kit, Book Nook Kit, Bathroom Clutter Kit, Modern Luxe Kit, High School Years, Modern Menswear Kit, Seasons
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Purchase a fire pit and have your Sims use it.
What happens when the bug occurs? Fires from any of the fire pits seem to happen far too frequently. A fire starts nearly every time the pit is lit for an average amount of time or logs are added.
What do you expect to see? Fire pits to only very rarely start fires on the lot, potentially with higher chances if Sims "Play" with the pit. Not nearly every time the pit is lit.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

This isn't the previous issue from a few years ago where Sims couldn't route to extinguish the fire, there's just way too many fires starting from these things. It intrudes on gameplay and makes it nearly impossible to experience certain features of the pack, such as spending time around the fire pit or earning gold on a Weenie Roast event. The frequency of fires starting from fire pits just needs to be tuned down.

Message 18 of 20 (265 Views)

Re: Campfires Starting Fires too Frequently

Hero
@SnowieSimmer I merged your post with the already existing thread for this issue.

Please send your save to SimsDirect as asked above.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 19 of 20 (252 Views)

Re: Campfires Starting Fires too Frequently

★★★★ Guide

It happened to me quite often and I think, if I recall, a cc creator had check into the code line of the game to see why it was happening and only the campfire chairs from Outdoor retreat were tagged fire resistant or something like that... I think I will test that out, but yeah... there was something about only a certain amount of items were tag with a fireproof or resistance code line...

Message 20 of 20 (224 Views)