Re: Notification: Spinach Failed To Germinate (no spinach planted)

by sweeperchick

Original Post

★★★★★ Novice

Is there a fix for this yet? I don’t know how to get the saves to you. You cannot play any of the lots near this community garden without getting spammed with failed to germinate messages. You can play princess Cordelia lot because it is far enough away from the gardens. 

Message 21 of 48 (1,554 Views)
Highlighted

★★ Novice

I'm on the Princess Cordelia lot and get the notifications as well. Not frequently, but I got 8 yesterday and 2 just now. There is a planter by the Creature Keeper cottage, maybe that's causing it?

Message 22 of 48 (1,461 Views)

Plants in Cottage living

★ Apprentice

In Cottage Living there are two living places just across a smaller area with some plants. [img]https://i.imgur.com/K4vsMri.jpg[/img] I am not able to play in these houses without getting error messages about the plants on the other ground all the time. It is very disturbing and ruining my gameplay. [img]https://i.imgur.com/x6SYRBk.jpg[/img] [img]https://i.imgur.com/PxCacvj.jpg[/img]

Message 23 of 48 (1,472 Views)

Re: Plants in Cottage living

★★★★ Expert

@simsister 

There's a bug report about this:  https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-SAVES-Notification-Plant-Failed-To-Germinate/m-p/1053731...

It's marked "needs saves," so if you can share yours that would help! If you can't, you might want to click "me, too."

Message 24 of 48 (1,427 Views)

★★★ Pro

You have two possibly to fix this for yourself;

1. If you have Realm of Magic; create a spellcaster and learn Inferniate. Burn all plants(and floating plants) from the planters.
  2. Delete all plants via cheat destroyobject // You need a mod as bienchen destroyobjectcheat or TwistedMexi Destrory Object Cheat.
Message 25 of 48 (1,408 Views)

Champion
@cleo224

I had this before when i stayed on watsons lot but I solved it by using RoM spell inferniate to burn all the levitating plants in community garden that my sims could not dispose of otherwise but were blocking walkby sims from using planter and causing the "failed to germinate" spam

so if its levitating plants blocking sims from planting and you have RoM that is one possible solution
Message 26 of 48 (1,391 Views)

Hero
@simsister I merged your post with the bug report.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 27 of 48 (1,369 Views)

Re: [NEEDS SAVES] Notification: Plant Failed To Germinate

★★★ Novice
@ladyalissa1 I'm not sure how to share my save, but I'm having this issue in my save, my household is in old new henford and it's definitely from a weird circle of mushrooms and soy beans surrounding the plants in the community garden area lol
Message 28 of 48 (1,350 Views)

Hero
@mayatheinferno You can find instructions in this post: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-SAVES-Notification-Plant-Failed-To-Germinate/m-p/1093512...

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 29 of 48 (1,335 Views)

★★★ Novice
18 pt

Product: The Sims 4
PlatformPC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? All the time in one save in old new Henford
What is your current game version number? 1.77.131.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All packs, most game packs except wedding and star wars, some stuff packs
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have a Sim live in Old New Henford for a couple in-game weeks
What happens when the bug occurs? IT spams my notifications most of the time. I can tell the issue is coming from the planter boxes in the community garden area next to the Finchwick Fair board. 
What do you expect to see? No notifications that certain plants have failed to germinate.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? No
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? After most recent update, but I hadn't played in Cottage Living World for a while.
Please describe the patch or change you made. Installing Cottage Living.

I noticed the notifications happen when NPCs try to interact with the plants in the planter boxes, and every time the action fails because they can't reach the plants, they just keep trying to repeat the action. So I'll suddenly get repeated notifications (like every 30 seconds) If I reset the NPCs they'll go away for a while and the notifications won't happen. But later on an NPC will come back and try to interact with the plants again. If it makes any difference, the NPC that keeps trying to play with the plants the most is an Alien. 

Basically I can see that on the community planter boxes, there are floating object harvestables (a circle of floating morels around one plant, a circle of crocuses around the other, a circle of kava roots around the other. The harvestables can be clicked on and I have the option to "eat" but if my sims try to do so they can't complete the action. Resetting nearby objects with "reset objects" hasn't worked so far. I will take a screenshot later today and attach when I am on my computer. Can I also share the actual save file? I've never done that before.

Message 30 of 48 (1,310 Views)