Re: Notification: Spinach Failed To Germinate (no spinach planted)

by NecroTheAwkward

Original Post

[OPEN] Notification: Plant Failed To Germinate

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.77.131.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All packs
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Queueing any actions with Cottage Living installed
What happens when the bug occurs? After queueing any action, like get leftovers from the fridge, or petting my chicken, a notification pops up telling me that spinach has failed to germinate. I have not planted any spinanch.
What do you expect to see? No spinach related notifications when not planting spinach.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Installing Cottage Living.

After installing Cottage Living and begining to play with it, I noticed a fun new bug - apparently my spinach has failed to germinate. I don't have any spinach on the lot nor am I planting any. This notification comes up whenever my Sim does anything - eat food, clean the barn, pet the chickens. 

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title, Adjusted Title

Message 1 of 48 (12,813 Views)

★★★ Novice
@ladyalissa1 I've had a similar incident where in the Old New Henford community garden, someone left a dahlia out to be planted in the front most single garden planter, and NPCs keep coming by to plant it there, but it fails to germinate every time. There used to be a dead daisy plant there, and it left behind the ghost of it's daisies, which are basically just uninteractible floating daisies. My issue is on version 1.77.146.1030 and I don't have all the packs, but I have quite a few. Same as in my previous topics, but now add on cottage living. Also, I can't take the dahlia or remove it from the planter box. I can't delete it with testing cheats. I even restarted the whole game and it's still happening. I took a video and tried to upload it to my profile page but idk if it actually uploaded. I would just like to be able to delete the ghost daisies and the dahlia bc it's clogging my notification wall.
Message 2 of 48 (12,735 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I get quite a few 'failure to germinate' messages.  They are so frequent they are bordering on continuous it seems. 

There are fruits and vegetables randomly on the ground in the neighborhood that has the community garden. 

Also, my sim disposed of some dead plants in the community garden which left behind floating harvestables that can not be removed.  You can click on them and it gives you the 'eat' option but you can not actually eat them.

Message 3 of 48 (12,711 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Same thing here!

Disposed of dead plants in the community garden, left floating harvestables (didnt think much of it) and now I have these continuous notifications about failed to germinate plants, some I don't even have in my own garden. 

The notifications says that I should "try putting it on a more open place before planting it" and at first I thought it was because I had my garden patches all together so I spaced them, but no change.

Message 4 of 48 (12,660 Views)

Pop Up Bug

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Steam-PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.77.146.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Cats and Dogs, Supernatural, Backyard Stuff, Cottage Living
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Planting a big garden with a bunch of the large garden plots all near each other. Sometimes one full square apart and sometimes a half a square apart.
What happens when the bug occurs? I will get a pop up almost non stop that says "A *plant* has failed to germinate. Try putting it on a more open place before planting it." It doesn't matter what type of plant it is, it will keep popping up in the top right over and over again. Every time I click on it, it just comes right back a second later.
What do you expect to see? I expect for this pop up to go away after clicking on it once, or to get an explanation of why it keeps doing this. The plants have plenty of room. They grow normally.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Here is an image of the pop up.

Message 5 of 48 (12,640 Views)

Re: Notification: Plant Failed To Germinate

★★★★ Novice

I'm having exactly the same problem and it keeps filling up my notification wall if I leave it because there's one or two people just repeatedly trying to plant the same things which are failing to germinate underneath the weird dead ghost plants (see screenshot). It's very frustrating.

Message 6 of 48 (12,623 Views)

Re: Notification: Plant Failed To Germinate

Champion

Just saw this in my save yesterday. Constant failed to germinate messages spamming my notifications and traced it to NPCs in the community garden, where my Sim had previously tried to remove dead plants and left a glitched out part of them behind. There’s new produce sitting in all the spots, and NPCs will just go around continually trying and failing to plant.

Or rather, one NPC in particular kept returning and doing this constantly. A few others would occasionally join him, but if you reset them they’d wander off and do something else. So I cheated to add him to family, built a little shed at the back of my lot, walked him into it and removed the door. Then I cheated to remove him from family again. Problem solved - the notification spam stopped. He’s still back there pacing, probably trying to get back to the garden.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
I am a Volunteer for Answers HQ, I do not work for EA
She/Her
Message 7 of 48 (12,467 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Notification: Plant Failed To Germinate

★★★★ Novice

I'm having this issue too and it's super distracting. Non-stop notifications about plants failing to germinate. I'm going to try enabling cheats and doing "Shift+Click" to destroy the community garden planter boxes. Hopefully that will help, because otherwise my sim is going to have to move lots!

Message 8 of 48 (12,098 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Has anyone found a solution to this problem? 

I can't seem to get this problem to go away at all and it is absolutely annoying, lol

Message 9 of 48 (11,892 Views)

EA Staff

Hello @kj4fbv @saraolives,

If anyone of you are still encountering this (without mods), would you be willing to share your save file(s)?

If so, please send me a private message with a link to the file.

Instructions here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Team/m-p/6065...

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 10 of 48 (11,863 Views)