[NEEDS SAVES] Non active household baby taken away for neglect

by Nerdy0804

Original Post

Re: [NEEDS SAVES] Non active household baby taken away for neglect

★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform: Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.85.203.1230
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Eco Lifestyle, Discover University, Seasons, City Living; Parenthood, Dream Home Decorator; Nifty Knitting, Tiny Living, Kids' Room Stuff, Laundry Day, Movie Hangout, Spooky Stuff; Free Holiday Stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? With Neighborhood Stories turned on (or at least the part that allows them to have babies), have a member of your active household visit another household that has a baby.
What happens when the bug occurs? I receive a notification that [baby name] is very hungry, as though the baby were a member of my household. The NPCs in the household rarely if ever acknowledge the baby crying and certainly do not feed it. If I stay on the lot long enough, the baby gets taken away by social services for neglect.
What do you expect to see? The NPCs should feed their crying babies.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. I should say that I only noticed it after the most recent Neighborhood Stories release when NPCs were suddenly having babies, but based on this thread it seems like other players were having this problem before.

This bug was most noticeable/invasive when visiting the Tinker household as a gig for the Interior Designer career. Both women were pregnant and their were two babies already in the house. Both babies cried constantly during the visit and I received pop-ups that the babies were very hungry. When I called the clients back to the lot after completing the reno, one of the babies was immediately taken away by social services for not being fed. However, this was not isolated to one household; any house I visited that had a baby, the NPCs were ignoring the baby.

I can send my save file to SimGuruNick.

Message 11 of 14 (383 Views)

Townie's babies being neglected while my played sims are on the lot.

★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.61
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? None, just base game
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? 1. Have a townie call your sim asking if they should adpot or try for a baby. 2. Encourage them to do so 3. They adopt or have a BABY, if they adopt a kid the issue is not present, I'm not sure with toddlers. 4. Visit them household with the new baby. (I usually visit when they call to invite you to see the baby) 5. Stay there for a while.
What happens when the bug occurs? I will get popup notifications telling me that [Baby] hasn't been fed in a while and will be taken if left unfed. I then have to feed a baby that isn't mine or part of my household at all or, if I don't, the baby is taken away from the family for neglect.
What do you expect to see? I would expect my sims to not be responsible for other family's babies and for the townies that have adopted or had the baby to feed it.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. I hadn't played in a while so I'm unsure what patch but the issue has only been happening since the Neighborhood stories happen.

Townie's babies being neglected while my played sims are on the lot.

Whenever a family I'm NOT playing as (eg. The Goths) ask me if they should adopt or try for a baby (which they do a worrying amount of times) I am a little later invited to greet the new family member. Shortly after reaching the lot however, I get a popup telling me that [Insert Baby Name] is starving and will be taken away if not fed. If I ignore this and just stay around in the lot, they will eventually take the baby away due to neglect, I will get a popup telling me what happened.

My issue is, shouldn't families that adopt or have a child take care of it and feed it even while I'm on the lot? It seems like NPC sims are unable to take care of children, even when my sims have babies of their own and sims get invited over to the household, all sims know how to do is hush the baby and not actually feed it or change its diaper. But in any case, I shouldn't be getting popups for other household's babies starving.

Message 12 of 14 (285 Views)

Re: Townie's babies being neglected while my played sims are on the lot.

Hero
@Primexetium I've merged your post with the bug report. Could you send your save to EA as asked by Nick ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 13 of 14 (220 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Non active household baby taken away for neglect

★★★ Newbie

Do you still need save file with this issue? Tell me how and I'll send you one.

Message 14 of 14 (119 Views)