Original Post

Accepted Solution

[NEEDS SAVES] Non active household baby taken away for neglect

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? Idk
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? University Get together Others
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Excellent question, I don’t know how to answer this.
What happens when the bug occurs? Baby whisked away for neglect in non active household when visiting with active household.
What do you expect to see? A baby
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

Aaa

Message 1 of 14 (5,301 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Non active household baby taken away for neglect

[ Edited ]
Community Manager (retired)

Marked as Solution for Visibility Purposes Only

Does anyone have a save file where this issue has occurred that they'd be willing to share with me? You can DM me the link to the save, thanks for the help!

http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Tea...

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

View in thread

Message 7 of 14 (5,006 Views)

All Replies

Re: Non active household baby taken away for neglect

★★★ Pro

This also happens to me on both PS4 and PC I gave Eliza an Bob pancakes a child on the PC and I got a invite to hang out and the notification came up saying the baby is very hungry and whoosh she got taken away. The only suggestion I can think of it to get your sim to look after them when they are visiting or if you don't want to do that wait until they have aged up to toddler it's been like this since I added tiny living to my pc.

Message 2 of 14 (5,275 Views)

★★ Guide

This is unfortunately something that has been happening from the beginning. If a baby's needs deteriorate while you are on lot or are low when you zone in, you'll be warned, and then the baby will be taken away. Even if it's not your baby. So, you need to be careful when visiting townies because they're bad parents.

Message 3 of 14 (5,254 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

HI @Nerdy0804 

Could you please enter your game version ?

Here's instructions: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-does-this-forum-work/m-p/8775353#M124496

Please also list all the packs you have (or say All but these: <list> if that's shorter). Some issues only occur on certain pack combination so it's important for QA to know what you have.

Usually, please also always test on vanilla game (no mods/c) before reporting a bug.

As others have chimed in, I'm going to tag this but please update your info and test without mods for any future issues you want to report.

Thank you

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 14 (5,246 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

This is also an issue if you play rotationally, according to stuff I read a few years ago. I was worried at first, because at the time, I had a family who had a baby that I had rotated away from. I was able to guarantee the baby's continued existence with a workaround I read about on the official Sims forums, but I won't mention it here, because I can't remember the exact details, and I'm unsure if it would still work today or not.

Since then, whenever I have (a ) baby/babies in a household, I play it until I age him/her/them up to (a ) toddler(s).

@Nerdy0804 : Is MCCC among your mods? If so, you can slow/freeze baby need decay with MCCC > MCCC Settings > Gameplay Settings > Motive Decay > Baby Motive Decay Percent (I also suggest making sure a baby has high needs before rotating out with this, just to be safe), and make it so that if you do lose a baby/toddler/child to neglect, the game moves him/her to another household instead of effectively deleting him/her with MCCC Settings > Gameplay Settings > Adopt Neglected Child.

Message 5 of 14 (5,160 Views)

★★ Guide

Noticed this myself recently. Might be update 1.61. Also seen it pop up for people on youtube playing sims 4. 

Message 6 of 14 (5,079 Views)

[ Edited ]
Community Manager (retired)

Marked as Solution for Visibility Purposes Only

Does anyone have a save file where this issue has occurred that they'd be willing to share with me? You can DM me the link to the save, thanks for the help!

http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Tea...

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 7 of 14 (5,007 Views)

Re: [NEEDS SAVES] Non active household baby taken away for neglect

★★★ Novice

I am having a similar problem, but slightly different.
I play several different households at once. If a sim I am playing visits another one of my sims who happens to have a baby at the time, the parents do not take care of the baby at all. I get a notice that the baby is starving, but the parents, who have maxed parenting skills completely ignore the baby.

Message 8 of 14 (4,894 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Expert

Yeah, this is a thing I've noticed. I used to use MCCC story progression, but I also play rotationally, and either way unplayed parents ignore their crying babies.  It leads to some funny moments:

My Super Sim and her Mom, who are doing the Nerd Brain Aspiration:  Hi! we ran out of things to upgrade at our own house... oh, hang on, we need to Super Efficient Baby Care your baby before he's taken away.  Right.  Back to upgrading your shower and toilet and fridge!

My villainous Sim who's there to pick a fight so he can have a Declared Enemy for his Public Enemy Aspiration: Uh, hang on, before we fight I need to feed your baby and change his diaper, the popup says he's going to be taken away.  Right.  Now that the baby's taken care of, LET'S FIGHT!!!!

My Black Widow, who's there to seduce her next victim:  [BABY NAME] IS VERY HUNGRY, BE SURE AND FEED HER BEFORE SHE'S TAKEN AWAY... Uh, hang on, just a sec, before I do my spiel I need to feed your baby and change her diaper... okay, back...

(IOW, my Sims, no matter who they are or why they're there, do not ignore crying hungry babies if I'm controlling them. The Watcher spoke to them and told them to FEED THAT BABY. The Watcher has also been known to use bb.enablefreebuild to give bedless NPC toddlers a place to sleep and a potty and some toys.  That said, yes, uncontrolled Sims just stand in the room with their starving, crying baby chatting about the weather and completely ignoring him/her.)

(Edited to add:  And yet, when you're playing at a household with YOUR OWN baby, you can't get to your own crying baby due to the herd of NPCs rushing to wring their hands uselessly over the crib... Or, as I said at the time, "Mortimer, I love you dearly, but if you don't get out of the way so we can tend to that baby I'm going to have her vampire Mom BITE YOU.")

Message 9 of 14 (3,615 Views)

★ Guide

Yeah, anytime my main sims are in a neighborhood close to one of their children that has a baby, we routinely stop in and do some Super Efficient Baby Care just to be safe, because I had a close call once way back when I first started playing S4 when one of their kids lived in the lot where the tree to Sylvan Glade is and it took me a minute to realize I needed to step in.

Earlier, we stopped into the Goths and they had a new baby so we fed her just to be safe even though no warning message came up.

Message 10 of 14 (3,577 Views)